Forum Members Photos:

• Creator
    Topic

I don’t often post photos on the forum, but I’ve posted a couple tonight.

It occurred to me that with the better weather just around the corner (hopefully), it might be the right time to open a dedicated “members photos” thread.

Take care not to give away info about yourself that you wouldn’t want others to see. Entertain us, make us envious with your gardening skills or your flair for decorating, or your precious pets.

Let’s share with our community and get to know each other better through photographs. Remember, don’t post anything that you may later regret …. Otherwise go for it.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

This is Dakota a Bald Eagle who lives at Paradise Park in Hayle Cornwall. The park acts as a conservation site for rare and endangered birds. We’ve been visiting Hayle for 20 years but never went as we thought it was for the kids. The place is fantastic and does a great birds of prey display, they swoop down and fetch meat. Dakota often flies off and can be found in Hayle estuary trying to make friends with the Geese.

I used to take my family to Paradise Park many years ago. Your superb photo brings back many happy memories. Thank you.

A view from my lounge window a few days ago, when the sun briefly shone. The church spire in the centre is in Upton on Severn, and the hills in the distance stretch left to right from behind Evesham to Broadway and down to Winchcombe. In the spring and summer the farms and lanes offer endless changing vistas.

Jojoe
            Participant

I used to take my family to Paradise Park many years ago. Your superb photo brings back many happy memories. Thank you.

That’s a coincidence @Pops, where did you stay in Cornwall? We stayed at a small family owned park called Beachside, they have bungalows and lodges right on the sea front with sea views over to St Ives and Godrevy lighthouse.

We stayed regularly at the same place on the quayside at St Ives. It was a lovely house opposite the boat slip between the ‘Sloop Inn’ and the ‘Balancing Eel’ fish and chip shop. The views from the window seats were amazing.

Happy days.

Participant

Mini crocs (newts) fighting the fish for food in my pond.

They are some serious newts!

It’s snowing.

Jojoe
                        Participant

It was a lovely sunny day in the Northwest yesterday, I had clothes on the washing line.

Phaedra
                          Participant

Speaking of Sunny,
                            And it’s only shandy😔 Can’t do meds and alcohol 😂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Phaedra
                            Participant

Port d’Alcudia

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

One of my favourite destinations. I used to stay there regularly a couple of decades ago.

Phaedra
                                Participant

Unfortunately the hotel, which has really good reviews hasn’t been great. The restaurant is very disappointing.

Food is warm, not hot, certainly not at 65c as required by law.  Also very little choice for my daughter who’s a vegetarian, they cater to a mainly German clientele  so basically pasta, pizza or salad.

I’ve left a complaint at reception and emailed the hotels experience ambassador, once again the sausages at breakfast were undercooked 😯

I’m booked to come here again on the 21st but will be speaking to Jet2 as soon as I get back, will lodge a formal complaint with the rep in the morning 😕

@wmc Forum says can’t upload a photo, not a valid image type or size, even the one’s I posted earlier are giving the same error now if I try those.  Also had it yesterday then it worked ok today???

Phaedra
                                  Participant

This mornings sausages,

Jojoe
                                    Participant

Had you eaten any?

Jojoe
                                      Participant

@wmc Forum says can’t upload a photo, not a valid image type or size, even the one’s I posted earlier are giving the same error now if I try those.  Also had it yesterday then it worked ok today???

I had this earlier. I ended up screenshotting the photo I was trying to upload, cropping the rest of the iPhone desktop and uploading that image. Screenshots are very low resolution.

Sorry about this we have run out of memory on the site, I’m arranging for a solution as we speak, more as i have it.

WMC

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by wmcforum.
                                        Ioniq
                                        Participant

Not the best place to post pix.

I.ve had a few made it to the front page of the tabloids. A few on NASA. and JPL.

A lot made it to the regional newspapers. But mainly because a buddy of mine is a newspaper Tog and couldnt get to the news story in time.

I could have had a few on National Geographic, but they didnt want to pay, I just referred them to the photo agencies I used.

Phaedra
                                          Participant

@Jojoe No!, I had some like that first day here so I’ve been very careful since 😛

It’s upsetting as the hotel itself and staff are very good, it gets great reviews on TripAdvisor which is why I booked it.

Had to go out to eat last night, had a nice Chinese, €35 for my daughter and me.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580312-d535072-Reviews-Alcudia_Garden_Aparthotel-Port_d_Alcudia_Alcudia_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

kezo
                                            Participant

Its making me gag just looking at those sausage.

Phaedra
                                              Participant

Rep isn’t here today 😕

So I rang the Jet2 helpline, they’ve made a note of it all and asked me to email customer services and include the sausage photo.

I’ve included the email I sent to the experience ambassador as well.

I also mentioned not being happy having paid an extra £700 to swap to this hotel based on it’s reviews for the next trip on the 21st. Original hotel was at Porto Pollensa but the local bus stop has been discontinued, next nearest is at least a  25mins walk for a non-disabled person so that was no good

wmcforum
                                                Which Mobility Car

We had run out of memory on the site, hence there was issues loading photos, should all be fine for now, im in negotiations to increase our capacity.

WMC

Ioniq
                                                  Participant

We had run out of memory on the site, hence there was issues loading photos, should all be fine for now, im in negotiations to increase our capacity. WMC

In other words, you going up to the next level with your Web Hosting Company, increased storage and bandwidth. Always a bit more expensive as the Forum grows.

Participant

Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.