Forum Members Photos:

• Creator
    Topic

I don’t often post photos on the forum, but I’ve posted a couple tonight.

It occurred to me that with the better weather just around the corner (hopefully), it might be the right time to open a dedicated “members photos” thread.

Take care not to give away info about yourself that you wouldn’t want others to see. Entertain us, make us envious with your gardening skills or your flair for decorating, or your precious pets.

Let’s share with our community and get to know each other better through photographs. Remember, don’t post anything that you may later regret …. Otherwise go for it.

Viewing 18 replies - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MFillingham
      Participant

We always holiday in the UK as it’s a lot easier to manage wheelchairs / scooter. There’s lots of fantastic accessible accommodation. We tend to stay on holiday parks. ParkDean let you search their entire list of holiday parks and narrow it down to wheelchair friendly caravans, they have wet rooms, you can park next to the unit and there’s ramps into the caravan. One of our favourite is St Ives Bay Beach Resort in Cornwall (Not ParkDean). The accessible caravans have fantastic sea views towards the Godrevy lighthouse. We struggle to go 3 months without a holiday. We regularly spend November and January in Cornwall. Maybe we could have a section of the off topic forum dedicated to accessible holiday recommendations???

St Ives Bay is where my Mrs grew up, her dad was the on call warden, so had a huge bungalow for free.  The site has been bought out and the caravans are now up for sale as holiday homes for those who stay off season.

I used to cycle to Gwithian, walk up to Godrevy beach where all the surfers were, walk along to the beach in front of the holiday site and then walk back through the dunes to Gwithian to then cycle home.  Best way to spend a summer’s day.  Occasionally I used to swim but that was back when Red River flowed out in it’s full tin red.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Jojoe
        Participant

@MFillingham You’re very lucky! We were there last year, it’s definitely changed, lots of newer caravans, time will tell if it’s changed for the better. We absolutely love the area, we’re there 4/5 times a year, so many things to see and do. We park at the National Trust field opposite Godrevy and do the circular walk looking at the seals in Mutton Cove, round to the lighthouse and back to the field for an ice cream.

Lots of the National Trust sites have off road mobility scooters (Trampers) that you can hire, it allows disabled folk to access the hard to reach areas. Definitely worth looking into if you have mobility issues. Link below shows Country Mobility and the sites where you can hire Trampers.

Homepage

kezo
          Participant

Maybe we could have a section of the off topic forum dedicated to accessible holiday recommendations???

Excellent idea!

@POPS

MFillingham
            Participant

@Jojoe that field wasn’t much more than metres away from where my ‘new car day’ picture was taken.  It is indeed a lovely place to be when it’s warm and sunny, less so in the middle of winter when so much is shut.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Jojoe
              Participant

that field wasn’t much more than metres away from where my ‘new car day’ picture was taken

I’ve just had a look at the pic, looks like the council car park opposite Sunset Surf cafe. We park at the disabled bays on the end and enjoy the view. The cafe does a lovely hot chocolate with squirty cream.

Maybe we could have a section of the off topic forum dedicated to accessible holiday recommendations???

Excellent idea! @POPS

Good idea Jojoe. I like the thought of more “community discussions” on the forum.

Participant

Here are a few pics of Bridgenorth back during the floods in January.

Dramatic photos Willis. I always look with interest at the river conditions in Bridgnorth, because 24 hours later they are replicated in my own little piece of “Severn Valley heaven”.

Participant

Sorry, meant to write Ironbridge but brain was a bit slow to catch up as we went down to Bridgenorth on the same day! Only a bit further up river though.

I’m jealous that you live in the Severn Valley Pops, it’s somewhere that I love and spend lots of time, fishing or just touring around.

It is a lovely place to live Willis. Here’s a couple of pics that I’ve literally just taken from my bedroom window.

Jojoe
                              Participant

Participant

It is a lovely place to live Willis. Here’s a couple of pics that I’ve literally just taken from my bedroom window.

You are very lucky Pops! That looks like my version of absolute heaven.
                                  We have been talking about moving a bit further south (west-ish) for about a year now to be closer to our son and daughter, as they both settled down that way with jobs. Although we have discussed going the whole way to the coast, I’d happily go for the lower Severn valley!

Sunshine …. Taken from my balcony a couple of minutes ago.

Participant

What a view!

Jojoe
                                      Participant

Looking good Pops. I think summer is finally on the way.

Participant

Local stream is up a bit after all the rain!

Viewing 18 replies - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.