Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 1,244 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      bogzaf
      Participant

While some of you will get your cars soon, mine is still push back and now build week is 26 so pushed for another 2 weeks. 10 weeks from the original week given. 🙁

Trebor772
        Participant

Thanks guys. I’m hoping my car is on the Elbe Highway into Sheerness.

Bog standard 85X Coupe, Charcoal Grey

musman
          Participant

I can 100% confirm our car has now docked in the UK, we are hoping for a quick turn around to the dealer but the average is around 2 weeks. Our car is a 85x estate originally ordered on 28/12 and reorder with a change of colour on the 3/1/24.

I will post pictures and thoughts on car to here

Rich44
            Participant

Hope mine still due for w/c 20th May was hoping for April build. 2 weeks from docks to dealer is a right pee take

Jojoe
              Participant

Hope mine still due for w/c 20th May was hoping for April build. 2 weeks from docks to dealer is a right pee take

Our 85 Estate Ecosuite build date was put back from mid April to mid June. We ordered early January, getting a bit annoyed now.

Rich44
                Participant

Mine is the 85x and I ordered slightly ahead of you 30th Dec so seems about right I guess. Mines still a month later than I was expecting it tho. Like you bit peed off but cancelling and ordering something else wouldn’t make it any quicker just one of those things I guess.

Highlights how amazing the Enyaq is over the id series tho

Jojoe
                  Participant

We’re looking at mid July for delivery, Skoda had better hope Tesla don’t joint the scheme in July!

Rich44
                    Participant

I think you’ve got more chance of being bitten by a daffodil tbh

Jojoe
                      Participant

Can anyone tell me if you can manually turn on the battery pre conditioning? I’ve just watched a review that said it will turn on automatically if you have programmed a charging destination into the Sat nav.

musman
                        Participant

It is particularly ideal to switch on preheating when charging the car; on the ENYAQ iV, this can be activated both in the on-board system and from your mobile phone using the MyŠKODA app. Simply set a departure time and the car’s interior and the battery itself will be heated to the ideal temperature in readiness

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by musman.
                          bolly1143
                          Participant

Can anyone tell me if you can manually turn on the battery pre conditioning? I’ve just watched a review that said it will turn on automatically if you have programmed a charging destination into the Sat nav.

You can if it’s running latest software, that’s why owners are annoyed who have older versions as Skoda are very poor with updates.

Rich44
                            Participant

Battery preconditioning doesn’t physically exist in v3 though it’s a hardware limitation preventing the update. I thought manually turning it on was in v4 from the start.

Battery preconditioning on older cars is nothing to do with how fast or slow Skoda are with updates. Was it originally promised as a later update for older cars at time of purchase? That would explain owners being upset if they were lied to

Dee49
                              Participant

Finally got my Enyaq 85 looked at yesterday at dealers due to random error message’s ranging from speed sign recognition malfunction, sos malfunction, rear parking sensors malfunction, rear collision assist malfunction, left rear indicator malfunction and 12 volt battery warning to name but a few. Most have just randomly appeared over the last few months then disappeared!
                                My real gripe was the easy access system not returning my seat to the correct position! It only got it correct about 50% of the time.

Got call from dealer and apparently all the issues relate to the 12 volt battery system.  A new battery and other parts have been ordered but they are on back order and don’t know when they will be available. They have charged the 12 volt battery to keep me mobile. No errors this morning and seat moved to correct position😃 took child to school and got in and seat wouldn’t move automatically again!
                                Dealer said car is safe or they wouldn’t let me drive it. Just hope this isn’t the start of difficult journey.
                                I did google about the 12 volt battery on Enyaq and apparently the dealers had to replace the 12 volt battery when they were doing a software update due to issues but thought this was all sorted for 2024 model but it appears not or I’ve just been unlucky with a faulty battery.

bolly1143
                                Participant

Finally got my Enyaq 85 looked at yesterday at dealers due to random error message’s ranging from speed sign recognition malfunction, sos malfunction, rear parking sensors malfunction, rear collision assist malfunction, left rear indicator malfunction and 12 volt battery warning to name but a few. Most have just randomly appeared over the last few months then disappeared! My real gripe was the easy access system not returning my seat to the correct position! It only got it correct about 50% of the time. Got call from dealer and apparently all the issues relate to the 12 volt battery system. A new battery and other parts have been ordered but they are on back order and don’t know when they will be available. They have charged the 12 volt battery to keep me mobile. No errors this morning and seat moved to correct position😃 took child to school and got in and seat wouldn’t move automatically again! Dealer said car is safe or they wouldn’t let me drive it. Just hope this isn’t the start of difficult journey. I did google about the 12 volt battery on Enyaq and apparently the dealers had to replace the 12 volt battery when they were doing a software update due to issues but thought this was all sorted for 2024 model but it appears not or I’ve just been unlucky with a faulty battery.

Sadly the issues still exist as mine is having some of your problems amongst others, cars been at service centre approaching 7 weeks with parts on back order also and no idea when they will arrive.

I had error messages a few hours after collection which they suggested was 12v battery however it’s been a number of parts need replacing, hope you get a quick resolution.

kezo
                                  Participant

BEV’s are known to suffer 12v battery issues, a replacement battery solves the issues! What are they saying the problem is, the 12v charging circuit or other, given more parts are needed?

Dee49
                                    Participant

Keso guy just said he had to order a new battery and other parts but they aren’t available as they are on back order. From what I’ve read they change the battery cover when they change the battery so maybe that’s what he’s talking about.
                                      It mustn’t be a standard battery as I can’t get any info on it apart from it being 49Ah.
                                      even when I google the part number on the battery I can’t find it.

Jojoe
                                      Participant

Our Skoda Octavia Mild Hybrid got loads of on screen errors within weeks of picking it up. The 12v battery was replaced and most issues went. We were unofficially told the battery they supply with the car was not good enough.

Rich44
                                        Participant

This was my initial problem with my ZS started off with 12v related problems.

I wonder if they’ve spent do much time engineering the HV side that the 12v side just gets left in the dark ages.

Let’s face it this EV business would’ve been the ideal time to totally redesign the low voltage side and still using 12v car batteries in this day and age whenyoure sitting on a 450v monster is a bit silly and “cheap”. We could still have a 12v subsystem but just design it in relation to being an EV.

Just seems to be a lot of these kinda issues that crop up I just wonder if a old school SLA type battery just gets cooked

Dee49
                                          Participant

I’m just hoping that when a new battery is fitted it solves most of the issues. There will probably be the odd glitch like any car (computer!)  as unfortunately it’s the future. Unfortunately I’m the type of person who likes things to work as they should. Think it’s an age thing. My wife has a different approach. She says as long as it drives from a to b don’t worry about it !!

Jojoe
                                            Participant

Good look with the spare part order, we’ve been waiting since January for a part which is readily available online. I’m sure there’s an issue with Skoda UK sourcing parts.

kezo
                                              Participant

This was my initial problem with my ZS started off with 12v related problems. I wonder if they’ve spent do much time engineering the HV side that the 12v side just gets left in the dark ages. Let’s face it this EV business would’ve been the ideal time to totally redesign the low voltage side and still using 12v car batteries in this day and age whenyoure sitting on a 450v monster is a bit silly and “cheap”. We could still have a 12v subsystem but just design it in relation to being an EV. Just seems to be a lot of these kinda issues that crop up I just wonder if a old school SLA type battery just gets cooked

Electric cars still tend to use lead acid battery’s, the only exception I know of is the Toyota Prius, which uses an AGM battery and can help the traction battery to drive thecar if needed. Where as petrol//hybrid cars use AGM batteries to cope with the start/stop system.

Regardless of what powers the car, a 12v battery is required to power all the 12v auxillary equipent. The only difference is a petrol/hybrid car’s use a alternator to charge the 12v battery, an electric car uses a DC-DC step down transformer, to convert high voltage to low voltage, after the HV contactors are closed once the car is in the ready state.

Rich44
                                                Participant

Almost every new car I’ve driven in the past 3 years has annoyed me with errors at some point. Super hope your issues get fixed quick and my car doesn’t have them…

My own ZS did it turn it off and on fixed

3008 hire car did similar diesel tho

HS current hire car does random bong about a rear sensor then yesterday it did acc not avail just after starting

Think only car that didn’t was a DS3  and that was cis it didn’t have gadgets. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s not an EV thing it’s just a newer car thing and no manufacturer cares anymore about any of it. They’ve adopted the games dev attitude push it out now get revenue in and we can fix issues later over the air, same as broken games on day one that get patched to do what they should’ve done at launch.

I swear the car industry has copied Bethesda’s way of working 🤣

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Rich44.
                                                  Participant

Just had an email from my Skoda dealer, The build week has been pushed back to week 32 (August 5th)!

Will I ever get my car? 😔

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August)

Jojoe
                                                    Participant

Just had an email from my Skoda dealer, The build week has been pushed back to week 32 (August 5th)! Will I ever get my car? 😔

Ours was put back to June so we’re probably in the same boat. Anyone know the Ionic 5 delivery time?

Rich44
                                                      Participant

@kezo That’s my point tho you can power a 12v subsystem in other ways when you have 450v on tap.   The whole 12v subsystem is just an anachronistic throwback yes we need to maintain it to an extent for backwards compatibility and because thats the way the HV contactors have been implemented but the reason 12v system exists is because there was no other way of doing things with ICE.  Here with a bit of engineering you could eliminate what is really a cheat bodge way of doing things and reduce quite a bit of weight too.  You could still power every 12v item in the car off the main battery using by stepping the voltage back down to 12v.

My point was there is no engineering reason why you cannot devise a better way of doing things.  Esp with some manufacturers giving little warranty on 12v batteries

Anyway they should at least shift to lifepo batteries for this i’ll wager that would solve a lot of these 12v issues that are literally all over the internet across almost every brand or EV.

There’s an interesting read here on modular design for modern EVs eliminating 12v batteries.  I haven’t made any attempt to peer review this so it might be rubbish but it still an interesting approach

https://www.vicorpower.com/resource-library/articles/eliminate-the-12v-battery

@solymar
                                                        Sorry to hear that buddy, when did you order?  Mine was 30/12 and i’ve been promised the build date is 20th May I haven’t had an update on that in the past 2 weeks tho, i’m due an update from Motability soon as they keep chasing the dealer for me.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Rich44.
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 1,244 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.