Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 659 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127120 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I am, it’s horrible. One single death is one too many.

#127124 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

As it seems we’ve got Covid under control, we need to tackle all those deaths from flu and pneumonia and suicides, not forgetting accidents in the home, and of course old age…

#127130 Reply
    JS

Old Age? That’s just a figment of imagination lol.

#127133 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Indeed, great news Covid is under control. D’oh.

#127138 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

So, not the worst year for deaths, it seems.. Who’d have thought it?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Wigwam.
    #127142 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I don’t know what you are saying, or trying to say and failing. Just spit it out man – are you opposing the way we are going or just attempting to give us a balanced view? Because that is not coming across well either. You are sounding like a crackpot who has just discovered copy and paste.

#127182 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I read widely, discuss, think and form my own view. On life in general and on Coronavirus. I have yet to find a studied view supporting the government’s actions but there is plenty opposing them including Dr Mike Yeardon. I suggest anyone who cares about this country’s future listens to what he’s got to say and then makes up their own mind:

What SAGE Has Got Wrong

#127184 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #127212 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Well said wigwam, I too am a crackpot then. My crime, Having an alternative view based on sound logic, and sticking up for people’s freedom to have a different view to what is allowed by the nanny state..

It seems we have lost the plot, it also seems, when some do not think the same and have no answer they insult people and call them names etc etc.. that abuse is ok and deemed acceptable.

One whould of thought @wmcforum would set a higher example than he has but it’s easier than admitting what they believe to be fact (from limited msm sources) your told is the authority on the matter and any other info is misinfomation, should set off alarms bells.

If you do not refute an actuation, then it stands under law and you cannot just dimiss it and censor the infomation to win your case. Which is what we see over and over, The data says something else so they do not produce it all. Half truth + Half truth = lie

If something is not beyond the realms of possiblities it could be true.. However crackpot one thinks it is..

Like Calls for  lockdowns during every school holiday this academic year.

What next All work holidays taken must be taken when the circuit-breaker is in effect. if you still got a job that is.. but it’s about saving lifes. It may well be but when the cure is worse than the cause, you got to start to wonder why and all the other things that are being put in place because of covid, like the new normal and we will never ever go back to before..

Just like iraq and so called weapons of masss destruction that they knew did not exist, but lied about it all the same. just like they covered up hillborough for 26 years and blamed the fans for the deaths and is many more i could list, you trust them..

#127217 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

What?! Have you added up the deaths on ONS for this year and then the average deaths? There is a difference of about 56000, that’s a huge difference!

#127219 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No Vinnie, I haven’t because I haven’t seen the data. Do you have a link to it?

#127223 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

#127225 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant
    #127226 Reply
    Daf

1.11 million people have died from Covid 19 worldwide and there have been 39.4 million confirmed cases. The countries who have proven most resilient to the effects of Covid are those that have reacted most quickly to isolate and prevent the infection from reaching the greater population e.g New Zealand. Those countries put the lives of their citizens first.

Others like Trump in the USA first tried to deny the existence of the disease and even now are putting their personal greed before the best interests of the people they are supposed to represent. There are now more tha  218,000 people that have died from this disease in the USA and these same people that that told their citizens the virus is a hoax are the same that deny Climate change.

I dont think these people are crackpots, I just think they are blinded by their greed and self interest.

#127228 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s not that simple, if only it was. For example New Zealand is remote from the point of international travel and the Coronavirus got there more slowly and later so precautions against it’s spread could be and were taken. Sweden, with its decision not to lockdown its population had high deaths early on in the pandemic but now the virus has worked through the population has very few. Those countries which have prevented the spread most strongly are likely to continue with infections for longer (the so called second wave) but they have the advantage of better understanding how to treat serious cases of the virus to reduce mortality.

What I read suggests that in the final analysis this Coronavirus is going to prove no more fatal than for example the 1969 Flu epidemic, but the world’s reaction to it is going to devastate economies for years to come, not to mention the neglected health outcomes of people suffering other illness, both physical and mental.

#127251 Reply
    rox
    Participant

There were 9.6 million deaths from cancer worldwide in 2018. Lung, liver, stomach, and bowel are the most common causes of cancer death worldwide, accounting for more than four in ten of all cancer deaths.

Of the 56.9 million deaths worldwide in 2016, more than half (54%) were due to the top 10 causes. Ischaemic heart disease and stroke are the world’s biggest killers, accounting for a combined 15.2 million deaths in 2016. These diseases have remained the leading causes of death globally in the last 15 years.
    Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease claimed 3.0 million lives in 2016, while lung cancer (along with trachea and bronchus cancers) caused 1.7 million deaths. Diabetes killed 1.6 million people in 2016, up from less than 1 million in 2000. Deaths due to dementias more than doubled between 2000 and 2016, making it the 5th leading cause of global deaths in 2016 compared to 14th in 2000.

Lower respiratory infections remained the most deadly communicable disease, causing 3.0 million deaths worldwide in 2016. The death rate from diarrhoeal diseases decreased by almost 1 million between 2000 and 2016, but still caused 1.4 million deaths in 2016. Similarly, the number of tuberculosis deaths decreased during the same period, but is still among the top 10 causes with a death toll of 1.3 million. HIV/AIDS is no longer among the world’s top 10 causes of death, having killed 1.0 million people in 2016 compared with 1.5 million in 2000.

Road injuries killed 1.4 million people in 2016, about three-quarters (74%) of whom were men and boys.

info from the who https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

so as you can see covid is a small number in comparison and all the restrictions in place are for what exactly.. To scare us all with numbers.. The hospital covid beds are full, all 7 of them in one hospital is what they not telling you..

#127257 Reply
    Daf

Perhaps you are not aware of the fact that due to air travel New Zealand has a thriving tourism industry that bring millions of visitors every year. The reason they only had 25 deaths is because of the actions their excellent government took.

The Flu pandemic you referred to was actually the 1969/70 so called Hong Kong flu epidemic which was a mutation of an existing Flu virus. The Covid 19 infection rate is twice as virulent as the Hong Kong Flu.

Sweden has the 12th highest death rate per capita in the world and their infection rate is currently increasing. Comparing the Nordic countries is interesting as Sweden allowed its infection rate to increase whilst Norway Denmark and Finland all took a more interventionist approach. This is reflected in the death rates from Covid in these Countries :- Sweden-5899, Denmark-674, Finland-346, Norway-277.

What I find most difficult to understand about the “herd immunity” approach as advocated by Trump among others is the callous disregard for the most vulnerable in society. As with most on this forum, I have had my fair share of economic hardship and the loss of close relatives and friends. I have no doubt which was most difficult to cope with.

#127260 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

If you are replying to me, Daf, thanks for telling me what I already know and your opinions are of course as valid as mine. I am troubled though that you feel the need to bring Trump into the discussion..

#127265 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Since when do scientists such as myself listen to the opinions of fools?

Deny what you like yourself, but if you spread falsehoods that lead to the deaths of others then you are complicit in their murder. Remember, First Do No Harm.

Please try to keep it simple by using peer reviewed papers & datasets that we have provenance for.

As for governments making mistakes, of course they do, but decisions need to be made & the full facts are usually only available after the event. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, yet utterly useless when making decisions on something without precedent. However, just remember that the virus isn’t political, it just wants to replicate.

As for taking precautions to avoid catching or spreading this disease, my advise is simple, take whatever precautions that you feel are reasonable, plus whatever precautions you are required to take. For instance with the vitamin D, there is some evidence that it may help, there is good evidence that taking reasonable extra amounts of vitamin D does little harm, & more studies are in the works.

#127266 Reply
    Brydo

Rox, wigwam I’m trying to get my head around what you are saying. Do you think covid is a hoax or just exaggerated?

My father in law thinks the Chinese deliberately developed covid and had a vaccine for it all along. When questioned why they would do this and what they are getting out of it he says it was supposed to be for Americans only but got out of hand. I ask him why they haven’t started selling the vaccine and making a fortune he says “they will but the time isn’t right yet”. I can’t convince him he is talking ballocks.

Rox I have read many of your posts and I think your crazy, absolute bonkers crazy, not in a bad way lol, but you believe what you say and you never know you might be right.

Wigwam we have crossed keyboards on a few occasions on this forum but I didn’t have down as a conspiricy theorist.

It is hard to believe the whole word is overreaction to this virus but you guys would have us believe it. Reacting to it in a different or lesser way would have been much cheaper with less upheaval so I can’t get my head around why any government would go to all the bother they have if there was an easier solution out there.

#127267 Reply
    Daf

Trump also disputes the veracity of the Covid virus and indeed the existance of man made climate change, which seems to coincide with your views.

Perhaps I was mistaken in my conclusion, but you do give the impression that you disagree with the consensus about covid19 and it’s current and potential impacts. As an Ambulance driver, I see on a daily basis the devastating impact this cruel disease has on vulnerable individuals and their family and friends. So when I see an attempt to diminish the impact of this pandemic I tend to react to reflect my reality.

#127271 Reply
    rox
    Participant

look into Serco and that’s linked back to the crown and what is a corrona, umm… do i believe it all no, but when things don’t make logical sence and people start saying they a scientist and dimiss every other view without thinking it all threw then yes i do worry.

History tell us alot and yep i am surely not crazy, maybe you all are for not seeing what is plain as day, like the eu for example another instance i believe allowed to happen to cause divisions as then we all easier to control and have the wool pulled over our eye’s.

Facts are fact what i posted was from the who, the research of their scientists. but i’m crazy yeah.. ha ha ha. how conditioned you are, pure blockheads

Look at the baby, it’s head is not a block and that is how the eu see you when you are born and look at all the others, blockheads.

Is covid real is not the issue what is the issue is the overreaction imo, if it was ebola i’d understand but it ain’t. I could ggo on with more info but it is a lost cause you all are because you are blockheads.

I see it like this it started snowing and my kids school closed the school texted all parents to collect the kids and then it stopped snowing, but it was to late, they over reacted way to quicklybecause of a few flakes. ewe We was led to believe this was a lot worse than it actually is turning out to be. Sad as it is the average age of death from covid is 82 which is slighly higher than the average age of actual death. fact.

Personally i hope I and others are wrong about alot that is going on and speak about from infomation which is all there amd available for you to look at like UN agenda 21, have you read it or the Eu treatys etc etc i doubt it..

what if everything you was ever told led to believe was a lie could you handle it. i doubt it..

#127279 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Heh heh heh.

#127309 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Keep washing your hands & using the alcohol gel….

Why? – “Coronavirus survives on skin five times longer than flu”

Summary – Influenza virus remains active on human skin for just over 1.8 hours, COVID virus remains active on human skin for just over 9 hours. Ethanol inactivated both the flu virus & COVID virus within 15 seconds.

Evidence – You can download the full PDF file from this page – https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1517/5917611

#127312 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Avoid going in places where ventilation systems recirculate unfiltered inside air…. (un-aired homes, etc)

Why? – Unfiltered inside air still potentially has the aerosol from people infected with COVID, taking air from outside or filtering can avoid this by diluting the amount of the virus you’ll encounter.

Evidence – https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1270/5898577

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 659 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: