Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127286 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Dealer could be bluffing you. The only delays i’m aware of is the 2 Series GC given quotes until Jan 2021 the same time you’ve ordered and Feb/Mar if ordered now.

Ordered my 3 Series in mid July. Got a updated 2 days ago from production that it has started to take its shape with added features. Have you been provided with a order number? If not, get one off them and have a look for yourself on the Live Chat.

#127287 Reply
    matt

i have just Cancelled my bmw 2 gc orded beging off aug said would be jan then got info last week it would mid feb so went to local merc dealer and got a cla200 amg line premium plus they had in stock pick up next week wait times are crazy at bmw at min

#127293 Reply
    Rob

Some advice when ordering with bmw get them to show you they have a build allocation before ordering. Some dealers will wait on a order until they have allocation and that will cause delays. Once its been allocated a build slot a couple of days later you will have a vin number that proves your car has entered production and you can use that to track your order with bmw live chat or you can use your order number but be sure to ask as they won’t give you it without asking. The dates can be a bit misleading with live chat I was told mine would be ready in the week commencing November 23rd. I pick mine up Thursday this week. My 3 series took 8 weeks after going into production to arrive on the UK. Good luck getting it earlier February seems a long time to wait.

#127298 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

A different model, I know but Anthony, in another post, is being told that the 3 Series’ are taking, according to BMW, 2.5 months for a factory order.

So BMW are taking nearly four times as long for your X1?!
    Theres something not right there. More likely, they’ve sold your original car and reallocated you’re third to another customer for more profit.
    It’s easy to think this if you realise that the updates you’re being given show the build time again from scratch.
    I’d present your information to Motability.

The last thing I want to do on this forum is cause alarm but if we are being mugged, we are being mugged.
    😡

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#127300 Reply
    Lord Muc

Richard, did you get the £500 off the AP, and did you put a deposit down. It does seem a long time,  Robs advice above is good, when dealing with BMW.

#127304 Reply
    ree94

Matt is your merc the shooting brake version? And did your get an discounts on this ?

#127338 Reply
    matt

no its the coup and got £500 off

#127348 Reply
    Richard hewett

I got £500 off the ap and paid another £1000 on top.

#127370 Reply
    Josh

Matt May I ask which Mercedes garage did you order from? Looking to order the cla also

#127371 Reply
    matt

jtc600 sheffiled but am sure you can go in and ask what stock they have at any jtc600

#127372 Reply
    ree94

How did you manage to get the cla200 in premium plus didn’t think it was on the scheme 😳?

#127408 Reply
    matt

sorry cla180 not cla200 as they only had the shooting brake in white my bad 🙂

#127415 Reply
    Tyrone

We ordered our X1 11 September with a delivery date of late December/early January.  Today I asked them for a VIN number to check on the build progress.  I was told “the car has been scheduled for build so does not have a VIN as this will not be issued until it starts the build process”. If Wales were not going into a national lockdown from this Friday I would have taken a look at the Mercedes GLA.

#127511 Reply
    Zoe

Ask them for your order number that can be used to check when it is scheduled to be built.

#127592 Reply
    Tyrone

Thanks Zoe, but they are not very fourth coming with any information at the moment.  I will email the garage once a week for an update (make them aware of me)

#127606 Reply
    matt

if i was you i would ring them up not email them

#127634 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I’m finding that Marshalls are not very good when it comes to customer service.

#127638 Reply
    Zoe

They must not have a build slot if that’s the case otherwise they would give you it. I ordered mine from Thames Ditton and on ordering they said September but once accepted it said late November/early December and gave me the order number and BMW live chat said build date November 8th so I know it’s definitely ordered

#127677 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Yes Zoe is correct. I was in the same position. Hearing everyone elses horrible experience with the dealerships (mainly Mercedes) I had to email my dealer for a order number (quite responsive). They can be offended as in their response is we will keep you updated, in other words, why do you need to know about it for 🙄. So it’s best if you check regularly with Live Chat (great experience I must say).

You will get more updates on there than your dealer will ever give you, the only update they will give you is “vehicle is due in the next few days” or “the vehicle has had some delay/delivery problems” only to realise it’s been sold! Mine is due well before the est time of arrival.

#127809 Reply
    Zoe

Yes after my comment the other day I went back on BMW live chat and they said delivery expected 14th November and it have been assigned a chassi number but it was previously December. If the dealer won’t give you the order number personally I would cancel and go elsewhere.

#127832 Reply
    Newbie1892

Not bmw related, I ordered a new vw sharan beginning of August, only heard from the sales lady once that was to give me my order number, never heard from her since, I was told it would be maximum 20 weeks, only to be told by vw customer services car is not due for production until 2021 didn’t even give me a rough delivery timeframe either.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: