Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 17 replies - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169328 Reply
    NosherN
    Participant

AlanBang I have heard of waiting times stretching further than March 22. After a previous BMW was cancelled I ordered a BMW X3 which has been on order since July and that is expected in May 22!….crazy times ahead!

In three years time who knows what will be? I’m guessing if things are as they are now then there will be likely no BMW’s on the scheme.

Glos Guy The 20i engine is a quiet and refined engine and built here in the Midlands!…..like you I have too cranked the ambient lighting up full blast. The blue looks incredibly good and too the orange, surprisingly.

Happy motoring all 😉

#169332 Reply
    IHDUNCAN

So I ordered my X1 on 15th August 2021.

On 10th October i got an email from dealer: Your new car is expected to arrive early January 2022, it may pull into December 2021 if current semi conductor shortages improve

I asked for an order number and was told: You cant currently track the order online due to Data Protection rules in the UK, you can only track it online if you are outwith the UK. You have a build slot, we will track it for you as it progresses. Spec-wise it is the current latest spec, this was cross-checked with September product actions and we don’t expect anything to change through to delivery of your new car.

Am i being fobbed off?

#169360 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

So I ordered my X1 on 15th August 2021. On 10th October i got an email from dealer: Your new car is expected to arrive early January 2022, it may pull into December 2021 if current semi conductor shortages improve I asked for an order number and was told: You cant currently track the order online due to Data Protection rules in the UK, you can only track it online if you are outwith the UK. You have a build slot, we will track it for you as it progresses. Spec-wise it is the current latest spec, this was cross-checked with September product actions and we don’t expect anything to change through to delivery of your new car. Am i being fobbed off?

It’s true that customers can’t track their own BMW orders online in the way that you can with some other manufacturers, but I would ask the dealer for the order number and the current order status code, then call BMW customer services and check that is true. The order codes are;

0000 – Cancelled
    0097 – No Current Event Allocated
    0037 – Model or Feature Unavailable
    0077 – No Quota Available
    0200 – Special Request not Scheduled
    0500 – Cannot be Scheduled
    1100 – Scheduled
    1200 – Scheduled for Production

5000 – Confirmed for Production – Customer Spec Locked Down
    5050 – Chassis Number Allocated
    5055 – Confirmed by Production Control
    5100 – Bodyshop Start
    5190 – Bodyshop Complete
    5200 – Paintshop Start
    5270 – Paintshop Complete
    5300 – Pre-Assembly Start
    5400 – Assembly Start
    5500 – Assembly Complete
    6000 – Transfer to Distribution
    8200 – Released to Carrier
    9000 – Departed Plant
    9605 – Pre EU Port of Exit
    9615/35/45 – In Storage
    9610/20/30/40/50/60 – In Transit
    9610 – EU Port of Exit
    9615 – EU Storage
    9620 – At Sea
    9630 – Port of Entry
    9645 – UK and IE Storage
    9646 – Offsite PDI checks & registration (Southampton)
    9650 – Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
    9660 – Dispatched to Dealer
    9800 – Arrived Dealer

You can get the order # from the dealer and check with the “online genius” on current status without contacting the dealer – you can do this by starting to build a car online there is a blue chat icon at the bottom of the page that you can use to speak to BMW CS to find out current status.

When you get to status 5000 the build process takes around 5 days, then it gets released to port etc. From when it gets to the port it’s usually another couple of weeks until you can take delivery.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Glos Guy.
    #169499 Reply
    Andy Wood

Had a call from our dealer re our x1 today to tell me he would have our car next week, which backs up what I had been told by bmw genius, shame I cannot pick it up till 21 December, as that’s our motability renewal date, must be a unique situation at the moment for a car to be sat at the dealers for 4 weeks as it arrived too early. We could only submit motability paperwork on 20 sep, but he did order the car from bmw mid august when we went for test drive as he said he knew delays were coming up.

#169505 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Had a call from our dealer re our x1 today to tell me he would have our car next week, which backs up what I had been told by bmw genius, shame I cannot pick it up till 21 December, as that’s our motability renewal date, must be a unique situation at the moment for a car to be sat at the dealers for 4 weeks as it arrived too early. We could only submit motability paperwork on 20 sep, but he did order the car from bmw mid august when we went for test drive as he said he knew delays were coming up.

That’s brilliant news Andy. Well done. As you say, a unique experience in the current climate! Out of interest, did you add any options to the base car? Mine was fairly quick at just under 5 months, but I added quite a few options (Tech Packs 1 & 2, Sport Seats, Sun Protection Glass & Harman/kardon) and was therefore quite ‘chip heavy’! In fact, I couldn’t have the Harman/kardon in the end as BMW couldn’t supply that option on any model where it wasn’t standard. Thankfully I’m happy with the standard sound system so ended up saving a few quid.

#169515 Reply
    Andy Wood

No didn’t add any options, the xline covers everything we wanted.we had the standard stereo in an old 3 series and I always thought it sounded pretty good so didn’t consider the need to upgrade it, assuming it’s the same unit in the x1

#169516 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

No didn’t add any options, the xline covers everything we wanted.we had the standard stereo in an old 3 series and I always thought it sounded pretty good so didn’t consider the need to upgrade it, assuming it’s the same unit in the x1

I’ve no idea Andy but it’s fine. I had really wanted the Harman kardon system as I previously had a 5 Series which had loads of options on it, all of which I was very glad that I had added, but I deeply regretted leaving the standard sound system, as it was the one weak point in an otherwise superb car. I didn’t want to make the same mistake twice, but in the end I had no option. Wigwam had assured me that the standard system was very good and he was right.

#170461 Reply
    aza

hi everyone i’ve been missing for a while due to my health but i have no good news at all i order in july was told end of december 2020 then feb 22 now my car coming end of may 22  i’m not happy at all a year wasted basically really happy for everyone who got their cars early

does anyone know if i can get a discount off for my car allowance that i have to pay please thanks

#170479 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

The sound system in the latest 3 series is a massive upgrade on the old one.

#170480 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Casting my mind back a few years, BMW used to list a reasonably inexpensive sound system upgrade, called something like Business or Professional (although they call the Sat Nav that, so it might not be the correct terminology). Anyway, it was about half the price of the Harman kardon system. They no longer list that as an option, so I’m wondering if that’s now the standard system? It could explain why we are all noticing improved standard sound systems in BMW’s.

#170484 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Casting my mind back a few years, BMW used to list a reasonably inexpensive sound system upgrade, called something like Business or Professional (although they call the Sat Nav that, so it might not be the correct terminology). Anyway, it was about half the price of the Harman kardon system. They no longer list that as an option, so I’m wondering if that’s now the standard system? It could explain why we are all noticing improved standard sound systems in BMW’s.

Could be the case Glos Guy as the standard sound systems used to be the weak point but not any more. I’m glad that I didn’t pay the extra for the Hardon Kardon system.

#170490 Reply
    POPS

Sound is very important to me. I had the ‘Harman Kardon’ system in my X1 and it was excellent.

When I check out new vehicles, as well as having a suitable test drive I take a mini usb stick with me having previously arranged to sit in a suitable car for half an hour to listen to a tiny selection of my 5000+ favourite stored tracks, lol. I did this with my current 3008, but they didn’t have a 3008 on site with the ‘Focal’ hifi option, so I sat in a 508 premium with this system and it was superb and crystal clear in all genres. (I can thoroughly recommend the Focal’.)

If you’re a bit of a *’muso’ * like me it’s an essential part of choosing a vehicle. Sorry to be so boring, lol.

** My bedroom sound set up (for anyone who is interested, lol) is a blue toothed 27″ 2020 iMac, Yamaha Stagepas 600BT PA system with two large top speakers on poles and a ten channel mixing deck. Just for overkill I’ve added a 1000watt YamahaDSX15 subwoofer (weighs 38 kgs without top speaker) with a pole mounted top speaker. The subwoofer is designed to boost the Yamaha top speakers by cutting out the bass signals to them, thus increasing available power for mids and trebles.  It’s immense for a home system. I’ve got a selection of good mics, including a Sennheiser e945 and a Shure sm58 which both make anyone’s voice sound half decent, The e945 is brilliant for country, folk and emotional ballad vocals and the SM 58 is a classic warm rock vocal champ. so I sit here in front of my computer singing my head off to all the classics.

It’s a good job my family are musical and our house is old enough to have thick walls, as well as standing in it’s own large tree lined grounds so we don’t have to worry about neighbours, lol!

I apologise for taking this thread on a small detour, but I love my music.

#170496 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Sometimes in life it´s good to take a detour. I used to do this especially when there was a McDonalds involved. It is now 21 months since my last “wrap”.

#170587 Reply
    POPS

Sometimes in life it´s good to take a detour. I used to do this especially when there was a McDonalds involved. It is now 21 months since my last “wrap”.

This made me really laugh. Cheers fwippers.

#172226 Reply
    aza

Has anyone who ordered a bmw x1 car after june  received their car this year ?

#172232 Reply
    Andy Wood

My BMW X1 was officially ordered with mobility on 20 sep this year and just  took delivery on 20 December, very impressed with it. My dealer actually had it in stock at the start of December and we could have had it 3 weeks ago if it wasn’t  for Motability 3 year rules.

we went for a test drive in august and the dealer ordered it then and just put the mobility order through as soon as he could.he didn’t ask for a deposit and said he could easily sell it even if we didn’t have it.

bmw X1 xline xdrive 20i witness no adaptions.

have you got your bmw order number, chase it directly with bmw genius online.

my dealer said there were no reason for delays with X1 ordered  in august or before and no reason anyone should have been waiting more than 3 months, unless of course your dealer sold your car to a retail customer paying more

#172234 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

My BMW X1 was officially ordered with mobility on 20 sep this year and just took delivery on 20 December, very impressed with it. My dealer actually had it in stock at the start of December and we could have had it 3 weeks ago if it wasn’t for Motability 3 year rules. we went for a test drive in august and the dealer ordered it then and just put the mobility order through as soon as he could.he didn’t ask for a deposit and said he could easily sell it even if we didn’t have it. bmw X1 xline xdrive 20i witness no adaptions. have you got your bmw order number, chase it directly with bmw genius online. my dealer said there were no reason for delays with X1 ordered in august or before and no reason anyone should have been waiting more than 3 months, unless of course your dealer sold your car to a retail customer paying more

Well done Andy. That’s a great result. We got ours in July in just under 4 months, but the dealer had managed to get a cancelled order of an M-Sport from another dealership and was able to change it to an XLine with all the options we wanted (less Harmon Kardon which you can’t get on any BMW’s at present). Our dealer said that they had a number of outstanding X1 orders that were taking much longer than that (including private customers) and I had assumed that the situation had got worse, not better, since then. I hope that you will be as pleased with the car as we are with ours.

Viewing 17 replies - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: