Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135225 Reply
    ash

Ive ordered a new X1 Xline auto beggining of year new build to spec – now told it could take 4-6 months delivery 🙁

#135229 Reply
    coxy
    Participant

Ordered BMW X1 beginning of August, spoken with dealer today who advised the car should be delivered late february. (Will collect as a 21 plate). As yet no build slot is showing and as such the dealer isn’t able to give me the VIN number. I am expecting that I will now receive the 2021 Model, which according to the November brochure has better MPG for the Xdrive 20i Xline.

#135233 Reply
    Ali

I ordred in july i was told i would receive it a week before christmas, then 2 days before they told me it would be on the 27th, then on the 27th they told me it would be ready to pick up on new years eve, then a day before new years eve they said it still hadn’t been delivered and i would have to wait till the 5th of january, then on the 5th of january i rang them and they said i can pick it up on the 10th (in 2 days), ridiculous now im thinking i will wait to the 10th and then cancel on the last day to give them a taste of there own medicine

#135498 Reply
    A Ali

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I order my BMW 320i in mid August the dealers told me now it should be ready for collection on Thursday fingers crossed. really looking forward to it can’t wait</p>

#135503 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@A Ali you will love it. Fantastic car with so many features as standard.

#135604 Reply
    A Ali

@Elliot its gonna be a lock down handover dont think the salesperson will be able to go through any of the tech with me. Any advice or anything I should look out for?

#135622 Reply
    John

I ordered the gran coupe in late December and they are telling me it will be here in April, do you guys think that’s realistic?

#135628 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Elliot its gonna be a lock down handover dont think the salesperson will be able to go through any of the tech with me. Any advice or anything I should look out for?

If you have had a BMW before you will have no problems as most of the settings are within the idrive system and the basic functions are via buttons. I love the reverse assistant which basically gets you out from wherever you are (eg. parking space) the same way you went into it. A new feature which I’m not too fussed about is the lane assist which gives feedback via the steering wheel if you cross a white line etc. You can switch this off in the idrive menu but next time you get back behind the wheels it’s switched on again. Another couple of features I like are the puddle lights which I activated and the interior mood lighting which has several different colours you can programme.

I’m currently averaging around 36mpg which to say the car hasn’t yet done 1k miles I don’t think is too bad especially as I don’t run it on the eco pro setting. The engine is silky smooth and quiet with the auto box being up to the usual BMW excellent standard with auto hold being a good feature. The heated seats are very comfortable and I did add lumbar support as an extra.

After having several 3 series in the past, I can honestly say this one is without doubt the best. You will love the way that it drives.

#135639 Reply
    Lou

I think Iv come to the decision to cancel my (first ever) order, I have paid a “deposit” and was told I would be kept up to date fortnightly….Iv had no correspondence at all and my emails have all gone unanswered. I understand we are in a pandemic but this is very poor (non existent) customer service from bmw. Feel so let down and disheartened, very pleased for everyone that’s been lucky with them! Enjoy your new vehicles 🙂

#135699 Reply
    A Ali

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@ Elliot this will be my 1st BMW so really appreciate all the advice. Does the reverse assist come as standard Or was it an extra u had to  Pay? Have you downloaded the app my BMW? 36MPG Sounds OK does that include motorway Miles. Really looking forward to their ambient lighting inside and looks really cool in the reviews. What are Puddle lights? </p>

#135707 Reply
    Carl

9 months wait and counting for my bmw, shambles in my opinion.

#135807 Reply
    George H

Ordered our BMW3 Estate last June & was given the order paperwork. They rang up after a week & said they would be in touch regularly with updates & car would be delivered early October. Mid October heard nothing rang them up initially told falsehoods & found out that car had not been ordered!!!! Now have an order number went on BMW.co.uk & told dealer has ordered but no quota so not in production yet. What can I do?

#135844 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@ Elliot this will be my 1st BMW so really appreciate all the advice. Does the reverse assist come as standard Or was it an extra u had to Pay? Have you downloaded the app my BMW? 36MPG Sounds OK does that include motorway Miles. Really looking forward to their ambient lighting inside and looks really cool in the reviews. What are Puddle lights? </p>

Hi A Ali, yes the reverse assistant is standard. The only extras that I ordered were the larger alloys and lumbar support. Yes I have downloaded the app and loaded my driver profile into the car so that it recognises you from your key as opposed to when my wife drives using the other key. I’ve not yet taken it on to a motorway so the 36 mpg is a genuine figure. Puddle lights are those that illuminate the floor when you open the doors and they are standard too.

#140161 Reply
    K. Roberts

Hi Richard I have just found this forum because I am annoyed at the long wait time.  15/10/20 I ordered a BMW X1 X Drive automatic from my local dealer and was advised 2/3 months delivery now been told sometime in March. I will follow this up with a request for allocation/build no.

#140166 Reply
    coxy
    Participant

Hi K.Roberts, I ordered the X1 in August 2020, dealer advised that it should be with them the last week in February, for a March delivery date. If you ordered at the end of October with an expected date of March then that is good, when compared to my order. (Unless the date moves again).  I requested the VIN number so that I could use BMW genius live chat to track progress , however have not been provided with this as yet. On a positive note hopefully I will get the 21 year model now which has better MPG figures.

#140167 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

This seems to be a common theme at the moment and I truly feel it for all hit with these delays.
    I find it very hard to believe that BMW are not selling any cars because they are not being delivered.
    I would suggest that perhaps your/our cars are being delivered but the dealers are selling them to private buyers.
    And of course they have the Covid lie/excuse to palm off on us.

I had exactly the same treatment with my Volvo. Multiple failed due dates and not a single update from Rybrook.
    This culminated in yet another due date, five months after ordering, being cancelled and I was told it would be another two to three months.
    I went kicking and screaming to Volvo direct and miraculously got a call from Rybrook the same day to be told my car was there. Funny that.

My view? These dealers are lying to us.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#140174 Reply
    FiestaRed

Being in the same boat as many on here with extended deliveries and failed promises I fully agree with Bionic  Rusty, at best, dealers are not being honest, clear or even fair with us.

I contacted Motability this morning and gave them the sad facts about the way my dealership had treated me and whoever I spoke to seemed genuinely surprised at the lack of help from my them. Motability spoke to the dealers and got back to me to say the dealers would definitely get back to me today with an apology and some answers. Needless to say, nothing at all from the dealership so I will be back on the phone to Motability in the morning.

#140184 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

FiestaRed, I really feel it for you.
    All I’d say is, if you have it in you, keep on chasing and keep on complaining.
    And if you feel you can, get on to the car manufacturer via their website. I made such a nuisance of myself that my car appeared as if by magic.

Good luck friend. 👍🙏

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#140187 Reply
    Lord Muc

I agree with bionic, the dealers are flogging the cars to private buyers, there is such a pent up demand. Plenty of money in the economy, due to the government, folks in good jobs saving, as work from home, bounce back loans, self employment payments, furlough staff with second jobs. House prices through the roof. Cars going to a more profitable customer, plenty of dealers with furlough staff working from home to keep their bonus.

#140232 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

It’s happping way to much to be much to be anything else imo. Quite a few people have waited 9 months for no car to turn up and was told 3 months when ordering and often it was with a dealer discount on the ap as well.

So they held on not to lose it and as some AP’s had also risen on other options, since they ordered they didn’t want to cancel and lose out twice. So the dealers think they got you trappped. Personally I’d cancel unless you really set on the car.

#142181 Reply
    Iain

Has anybody had delivery yet?

I ordered gran coupe on 1st of November 2020 told Feb 15th then march 1st now early may.not holding my breath on that.

Any updates would be appreciate.

#142189 Reply
    Kevin

Probably like most of the Auto Manufacturers semiconductor issues caused by covid and shortage of semiconductors no chips,no cars, some closed for a week and some cut down on build

#142321 Reply
    Andrew

I ordered a BMW 320i Sport on 28th December and was told Mid-April. Just spoke to BMW then for the first time since I ordered and they advised that the car has been built (exited the factory).

Says it should be between 4-6 weeks when I receive the car.

Fingers crossed that it is here by then. We wait and see.

#142349 Reply
    Iain

Andrew if you get the vin number you can track it every step of the way,I would expect if it is out of the factory it will have a delivery schedule of no more than 14 days. I have today got order number but no vin yet so I guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer,2wk build 2wk delivery.cant even get a build week date from them .

Good luck

#142422 Reply
    Andrew

I’ll try and give them a call this week and see if I can get the VIN from them and keep an eye on it myself.

Come from Mexico now the 3 series, I wouldn’t have a clue how long it takes to get from the factory to the port in Mexico, or how long once on the boat to get to the UK and which port it comes in to, and then getting it up to Williams BMW Liverpool for me to collect.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: