Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168250 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

We went for a test drive in an x1 mid august although we couldn’t order till mid September. The dealer said he was expecting delays soon and suggested he order it for us then with bmw if we wanted it and said no deposit needed he he would sort out motability paperwork on the earliest day it was allowed, and an that day we received order confirmation from mobility on an email. The dealer assured us we would have it by our renewal date of 21 dec and gave us a bmw order number. Got an order update directly from bmw online chat today after all the talk on this site and elsewhere of delays who tell me car had been built and is in shipping and will be with my dealer by end of November, shame I cannot have it till 21 dec due to mobility 3 year contract not being up till then. Halliwell jones wilmslow seem to be giving a great service, and he didn’t think there was any reason why cars ordered before end of august should be delayed at all, although from September onwards he said times have increased from 3 months to nearer 6. a word of advice to anyone ordering bmw – get an order number, if your dealer won’t give it you then he hadn’t ordered it, and once you have this number it’s easy to track your order. This number is generated automatically when your dealer orders with bmw so they always have it.

Spot on advice Andy. I’ve been saying this for months. As with any manufacturer, no trackable order number nearly always means that the car hasn’t been ordered. Fantastic result on your X1. That’s a few weeks quicker than ours took and we ordered some months earlier. Just goes to show that it can be done if you ask all the right questions and get a good dealer, as we both did.

#168526 Reply
    aza

Thank you everyone for your replies i still have £1700 outstanding to pay and i’m so worried the car can come anytime i ring bmw CS every week but they did tell me that the dealership has more information

after waiting so long i feel a discount or money taken off would really help

i’ve got a feeling as i’m experiencing less communication from bmw dealership the car on its way or it be here in 2weeks im paying so much a month but it really stressing me out

ive been told end of december now february now may at this point why bother when 3years is up soon

i feel for anyone who going through this but im so happy for the people who got their car

just a quick question also guys

is the bmw x1 good for security on the car so it don’t get stolen ? with all these car jackers can be really scary ?

#168533 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

is the bmw x1 good for security on the car so it don’t get stolen ? with all these car jackers can be really scary ?

It’s no worse than any other car Aza. In fact, there are a few things in its favour that mean that it’s less likely to be stolen. Firstly, the latest trend in car thefts tends to revolve around keyless entry systems. The X1 doesn’t have that as standard. Secondly it’s not a boy racer sort of car and never features in any list of most stolen cars. Finally, the criminals who like to use SUV’s for their various activities tend to go for the bigger cars, like the X5.

Im sorry to hear that you are experiencing anxiety over the delivery of your car, but once you eventually get it try to enjoy it, as I’m sure you will. I wouldn’t be worrying about it being stolen but ultimately, if ever it is, you will be glad that you are a Motability Customer as they will provide you with a car to keep you mobile and you won’t have the insurance worries that others do!

#168536 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy

I love the car still bit worried when parking with the creep still wary of inching forward incase it goes too quick but I guess it’s still early days as for the weather app it’s still not working says no connection I’m going to try to sit in car this week while on chat to genius to see if I can get it sorted I have the tracking thing on the app working now. It definitely is a gorgeous car 😊 and I’m so glad I chose mineral grey it is lovely thanks for all help smile 😊

#168538 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@glos guy I love the car still bit worried when parking with the creep still wary of inching forward incase it goes too quick but I guess it’s still early days as for the weather app it’s still not working says no connection I’m going to try to sit in car this week while on chat to genius to see if I can get it sorted I have the tracking thing on the app working now. It definitely is a gorgeous car 😊 and I’m so glad I chose mineral grey it is lovely thanks for all help smile 😊

Great stuff Shellie. I fancied a change from grey this time, but having seen X1’s in all the available colours I felt that Mineral Grey was by far the best colour. I quite liked the Misano Blue as it’s so different, but my wife absolutely hated it. Thankfully it’s only available on the M-Sport so we didn’t have to ‘discuss’ it 😂

#168576 Reply
    aza

i really pray my car comes end of december or the start of january give me some time to pay the rest of the amount and also time for the holidays like xmas and new years out the way but i orderd last week july the application was approved 10aug so i’m hopefully this month november

#168577 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

i really pray my car comes end of december or the start of january give me some time to pay the rest of the amount and also time for the holidays like xmas and new years out the way but i orderd last week july the application was approved 10aug so i’m hopefully this month november

If the order was only formalised on 10th August I should think that it’s unlikely to be with you as soon as this month. You would need to have a confirmed build date for this coming week for that to be the case.

#168585 Reply
    aza

thank you @glos guy i got told december then february now may it be nice to have a courtesy car at the moment lol but reading andy wood comment he got his car my friend got no update for ages she got told the car coming december  she only ordered august and it’s here already her pick up in 2 weeks time but it’s an 1series

has anyone got a four wheel drive auto x1 how is it to drive or any major problems with anything which is common only because of covid i can’t test drive ?

#168587 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

has anyone got a four wheel drive auto x1 how is it to drive or any major problems with anything which is common only because of covid i can’t test drive ?

Me again! Our X1 is 4WD. I had very long test drives in both 2WD and 4WD X1’s. Both are excellent but the 4WD one is a bit quicker (combination of the 4WD and the fact that it has a different auto to the 2WD – it’s a sports auto on the 4WD). For me, the most noticeable improvement with the 4WD was the improved handling and grip. I could sense a big difference when pulling away on gritty surfaces and also when driving ‘keenly’. The minimal mpg deficit against the 2WD is well worth the benefits IMHO. I’m not overly bothered about MPG but it’s also very economical, better than our previous diesel Tiguan in fact. I’m averaging low 40’s and on motorway runs can hit high 40’s if not 50mpg. Incredible for a fast, 2.0i petrol 4WD SUV.

#168588 Reply
    aza

Thanks you @glos guy well appreciated for your comments and from all of you i forgot to say when i did ask earlier in september when the car coming  i did get told the 24th november so who knows but i doubt it

#169149 Reply
    aza

has anyone been told from bmw when their getting the car ? not good news for me

#169164 Reply
    Rachel

@aza

Hi aza,

I ordered my X1 on 7th of September and have had confirmation today that it will arrive on week 50 / week commencing 13th of December.
    I’m surprised it’s been so quick to be honest. I’m just a little disappointed as I asked to change the colour and interior, 2 weeks after ordering in September but have been told no, I can’t as they order was ‘locked down’ and ready to be built.
    I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I am feeling rather fed up about it. I wish I could say I’m looking forward to getting it but I’m not.

#169165 Reply
    Rachel

Sorry for whinging, I’m just not convinced that the saleswoman did everything she could to change it for me.

#169172 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@aza Hi aza, I ordered my X1 on 7th of September and have had confirmation today that it will arrive on week 50 / week commencing 13th of December. I’m surprised it’s been so quick to be honest. I’m just a little disappointed as I asked to change the colour and interior, 2 weeks after ordering in September but have been told no, I can’t as they order was ‘locked down’ and ready to be built. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I am feeling rather fed up about it. I wish I could say I’m looking forward to getting it but I’m not.

Hi Rachel. I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to change the colour combo of your order, but it’s incredible that you are getting your new car so quickly. Three months from order to delivery must be a record for a factory order in the current climate, with most people on this forum reporting delays of between 6 and 18 months from a multitude of different manufacturers.

Hopefully once you have your X1 you will be able to enjoy the car (early Xmas present?). We are 4 months into ours and still very pleased with it. If we had to re-order today then, of the choice we currently have available, we would order another X1 in any colour combination over the alternatives in a heartbeat, even though the AP has gone up £500 since we ordered.

Your disappointment with the colour will hopefully quickly fade as you enjoy the build quality, up-market interior, engine refinement and rapid performance with diesel like economy, not to mention the best infotainment system on the market!

#169174 Reply
    Rachel

Thank you @Glos Guy,  for replying and your comments. I’m sure you’re right and expect it is the best ICE car that’s currently available on the scheme. I’m getting it in Mineral Grey same as yours but with black interior (X-line). I just hope it’s not like a tomb inside ha ha!

I agree with you about it being extremely quick from ordering to arriving and yes, it will be a lovely early Christmas present ha ha!
    I just can’t help but wonder if I’ve been given someone else’s cancelled order? I did ask the dealer for a ?build allocation number but she keeps avoiding giving it to me🤷🏻‍♀️.

Anyway, whatever the reason, I have got a lovely new car due very soon, I do feel sorry for everyone else who’s been waiting a lot longer than me.

I’ll put some photos on the forum when it arrives 😊

#169176 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thank you @Glos Guy, for replying and your comments. I’m sure you’re right and expect it is the best ICE car that’s currently available on the scheme. I’m getting it in Mineral Grey same as yours but with black interior (X-line). I just hope it’s not like a tomb inside ha ha! I agree with you about it being extremely quick from ordering to arriving and yes, it will be a lovely early Christmas present ha ha! I just can’t help but wonder if I’ve been given someone else’s cancelled order? I did ask the dealer for a ?build allocation number but she keeps avoiding giving it to me🤷🏻‍♀️. Anyway, whatever the reason, I have got a lovely new car due very soon, I do feel sorry for everyone else who’s been waiting a lot longer than me. I’ll put some photos on the forum when it arrives 😊

Hi Rachel. From how you were talking I thought you were ending up with the Sunset Orange colour 😂 Mineral Grey is gorgeous. It has flecks of red, green and blue in it which really makes it stand out in the sunlight. My wife and I often like different colours in cars, but we both agreed that Mineral Grey was the best colour for the X1. It really suits the car and matches the part painted (in grey) alloys perfectly.

Whilst I’m not a huge fan of all black interiors, all is not lost. Ambient Lighting will be your saviour! You can choose from several colours (e.g. Orange, white, green, purple, red and our favourite blue) and you can crank up the brightness as well. It really lifts the interior and friends who have been in the car have all commented on how upmarket the interior is and how much they like the ambient lighting. It certainly won’t look like a tomb!

#169186 Reply
    kbfern

Are you sure week 50 was 2021 and not 2022 as it is so quick, hope you get it this year though👍

#169232 Reply
    NosherN
    Participant

After waiting 7 months my X1 2.0i X-Line X-Drive was delivered on Saturday and i’m extremely pleased with it!

I chose Mineral White with black interior this time around having had Mineral Grey and beige interior previously. There has been a few changes, notably the removal of front passenger seat width adjustment, rear bench seat adjustment and remote rear seat boot fold down function. Those ommissions have been more than made up with the full exterior LED lighting, standard fit power fold mirrors and dimming rear view mirror which were previously extra cost options and the addition of front parking assistance.

I chose Sports front seats, Privacy glass and front seat lumbar support as extra cost options.

The drive appears more smoother and fuel efficient than my previous X1 even though the horse power is down slightly from 192ps to 178ps which is unoticeable.

If this X1 is as good as my previous one which travelled 30,000 miles I shall be one happy motorist!

#169234 Reply
    Rachel

@Glos Guy
    I forgot about the ambient lighting! and yes, I’ve it’s in Mineral Grey so at least that’s something to be happy about ha ha! I just prefer yours with the Oyster interior but never mind. I am a tiny bit jealous though😄

My only other option is to cancel the order or ask if someone else has ordered that same spec. I’m sure I’ll love it when I get it, I should have just gone with my gut instant and ordered it it Storm Bay Grey with Oyster interior. I know for next time anyway!

Thanks again for your help 👍🏻😉

#169243 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

After waiting 7 months my X1 2.0i X-Line X-Drive was delivered on Saturday and i’m extremely pleased with it! I chose Mineral White with black interior this time around having had Mineral Grey and beige interior previously. There has been a few changes, notably the removal of front passenger seat width adjustment, rear bench seat adjustment and remote rear seat boot fold down function. Those ommissions have been more than made up with the full exterior LED lighting, standard fit power fold mirrors and dimming rear view mirror which were previously extra cost options and the addition of front parking assistance. I chose Sports front seats, Privacy glass and front seat lumbar support as extra cost options. The drive appears more smoother and fuel efficient than my previous X1 even though the horse power is down slightly from 192ps to 178ps which is unoticeable. If this X1 is as good as my previous one which travelled 30,000 miles I shall be one happy motorist!

Great news NosherN. I’m sure you know, but whilst the standard rear seat bench doesn’t roll backwards and forwards any more, the backrest angle remains adjustable. Thankfully, my wife’s wheelchair fits in the boot, with room to spare, even with them in the most reclined position, something which I couldn’t do in the Tiguan that it replaced. I was anxious about the Sport seats (being of, ahem, a wider berth) but they are absolutely fine for me and, if anything, the firmer seat bases make getting out even easier.

Someone has just posted that the X1 is being removed from the scheme at the end of this week, which will be a real shame. Let’s hope that the next generation X1 makes an appearance by the next time we change!

#169246 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I was anxious about the Sport seats (being of, ahem, a wider berth)

In all honesty, nowadays sport seats actually are better than most (not all) “standard” or “comfort” seats. I have my own gravitational field as well, and we’re taking sport seats over the “comfort” seats in our current car.

Nowadays, sports seats aren’t comparable to 1990s Recaro Bucket seats. All sport seats do is offer more side support, the rest is down to the manufacturer. They can be firmer than normal seats, but in our case, they actually are softer than our Ateca seats. Different car of course, but the principal remains the same.

That said: you always should at least test-sit (if you can’t test drive a particular model with sports seats) a particular seat. Even if it’s not in the same model, X1 sport seats are the same as X2 sports seats for example.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#169264 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

2 and a bit weeks in now with ours.   Very impressed with the car.   Interior is definitely a big improvement over our previous car (smax), ride and performance is very impressive and running costs are better than I expected.

What surprises me is how quiet the engine is.  It has plenty of pulling power and has no problems overtaking on the motorway (sport seats work well 🙂 )

We went with Mineral Grey and the standard black interior and really like it.   The led lighting at night really adds to the look.

#169268 Reply
    NosherN
    Participant

Great news NosherN. I’m sure you know, but whilst the standard rear seat bench doesn’t roll backwards and forwards any more, the backrest angle remains adjustable. Thankfully, my wife’s wheelchair fits in the boot, with room to spare, even with them in the most reclined position, something which I couldn’t do in the Tiguan that it replaced. I was anxious about the Sport seats (being of, ahem, a wider berth) but they are absolutely fine for me and, if anything, the firmer seat bases make getting out even easier. Someone has just posted that the X1 is being removed from the scheme at the end of this week, which will be a real shame. Let’s hope that the next generation X1 makes an appearance by the next time we change!

Glos Guy I am too one who is as I like to describe as “well nourished” lol! however, even without the passenger front seat back width adjustment the sport seats are fine. I have not looked under the bonnet yet or at any X1 related literature but im sure the latest X1 is mild hybridised as it does feel so when accelerating from a standing start, I will have to find out.

If the news that the X1 is being removed from the scheme is correct there will be a lot of disappointed motability scheme users. I can only assume that BMW’s order books for private customers are becoming excessive hence their decision.

2 and a bit weeks in now with ours. Very impressed with the car. Interior is definitely a big improvement over our previous car (smax), ride and performance is very impressive and running costs are better than I expected. What surprises me is how quiet the engine is. It has plenty of pulling power and has no problems overtaking on the motorway (sport seats work well 🙂 ) We went with Mineral Grey and the standard black interior and really like it. The led lighting at night really adds to the look.

AlanBang I can only agree with your comments wholeheartedly. The changeable ambient lighting is also a very nice touch which just offers that luxury ambience during nightime driving.

#169269 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

NosherN

Our dealership said new orders private wise for X1’s were stretching back into march next year (and that was said in sept)  We did well to order mid June for end of October.

I’d hope the new gen X1 eventually makes it on, the choices are certainly dwindling.    In 3 years time we will probably exit the scheme (the kid with the PIP will be due to be reassessed and they way its going I’ll suspect he will be downgraded)  At least by then we can go back to BMW privately.

#169270 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The engine in the X1 20i is indeed incredibly quiet and refined, probably more so than any other car I have driven (and I’ve driven hundreds, including loads that cost a lot more). It’s obviously not down to soundproofing as there is more road noise than some other cars. I still can’t get my head around the fact that it’s returning better mpg than our last diesel!

As for the ambient lighting, I have cranked it up so that it’s visible in daylight as well as at night 😂

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 217 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: