Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142516 Reply
    Iain

I wasn’t aware that the 3 series was available on motability ?

#142527 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Iain they were but disappeared in Q1.

#142553 Reply
    Andrew

The car has left Mexico and is on its way to Germany where they unload all the BMW’s and MINI’s for Europe, then apparently it’ll be on its way to Southampton then is loaded on to a transporter with all the MINI’s and taken all over the UK.

Hopefully 4-6 weeks away

#142566 Reply
    POPS

It’s nothing to do with this topic but as it’s about BMW may I just say “happy birthday” to my X1, it’s four years old today.

Still looks as good as new.

#142579 Reply
    Richard Hewett

Hi all

received a bit of fantastic news from my BMW dealer Marshall’s of Hampshire

My car was delivered from Southampton docks to the dealer Friday the 12 March and apparently has to go to a central hub like all motability BMW ‘s from Marshall’s for PDI then back for me to pick up on fri 18th March

not bad for a x1 that I was told would be here end of September.

#142580 Reply
    Richard Hewett

Hi all

received a bit of fantastic news from my BMW dealer Marshall’s of Hampshire

My car was delivered from Southampton docks to the dealer Friday the 12 March and apparently has to go to a central hub like all motability BMW ‘s from Marshall’s for PDI then back for me to pick up on fri 18th March

not bad for a x1 that I was told would be here end of September 2020.

#142591 Reply
    pswoff

Perhaps these BMW delays are because they found a box of indicators in the factory and they are not sure what to do with them!

#144532 Reply
    zed

Did you receive yours John? If not then April is most likely

#144538 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I ordered an X1 last week. The first dealer that I spoke to said that delivery would be around 3 months (which I didn’t believe) but the dealer that I ordered from (who I trust more) said that X1’s are taking up to 6 months at present. They are hoping to give me a very provisional build date next week.

Personally, I don’t buy the conspiracy theories that Motability orders are being sold to retail customers. What I think is far more likely is that dealers are taking orders when they don’t have any build allocation slots. This is common practice and why I always ask whether they still have build allocation slots available for the particular model that I am interested in before placing an order. If they don’t I go elsewhere and if they say that they do then I stress that the order is conditional upon them giving me a tracking number within a week.

It is quite common for dealers to tell people (retail as well as Motability customers) that they have ‘ordered’ the car when in reality they have just done the paperwork. They will then have to wait until the next month or even the next quarter before their build allocation slots open up again before they actually order the car with the manufacturer. This isn’t unique to BMW. Volkswagen dealers are just as bad, if not worse. I would put money on the fact that any dealer who is unable or unwilling to provide a tracking number has not yet ordered the car and is waiting for build slot allocations.

#144645 Reply
    Iain

<p style=”text-align: left;”>i total agree with the above comment,I asked for order number and got one the only problem was when I contacted bmw it related to a car built in 2017. I phoned dealer and got the usual don’t know why they said that. I insisted he took a screenshot of the order status ,it shows that the car is scheduled for production 16/04/2020 and is amber status,I ordered it in beginning of November however it states order date as 13/3/2020. The dealer gave me more bull and says it will definitely arrive by first week of may,I will wait and see if no delivery then I am sure motability will be able to request the exact dates of process from the dealer, I would assume that dealers have to abide by a code of conduct for being a motability agent??</p>

#144647 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

2020, Ian?

#144650 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

So as Iain’s example shows, the dealer ‘sat’ on the paperwork for 4 months before actually placing the order with the manufacturer, no doubt waiting for their build allocations to catch up with customer orders. Although 4 months is excessive, this example is far from uncommon and not just with BMW. Receiving order paperwork from a dealer and having confirmation of the order being approved by Motability does not mean that the car has actually been ordered. Until you have a tracking number that you can independently check yourself, I think it’s always safe to assume that the order hasn’t been placed with the manufacturer. I honestly don’t think that this is unique to Motability orders. Private customers come up against the same issues. Sadly, only a very small minority of dealerships will be completely up front about where they are with build allocations because 95% of customers don’t understand the system. It’s no wonder that car dealers have such a bad reputation!

#144772 Reply
    Iain

My bad 2020 order, delivery 2021, Its been a tuff year my brain is struggling to adjust to the year. Lol

#144877 Reply
    Iain

Update

Just told car is entering production next week delivery 1st week of may.

I’m still sceptical but I am allowing my self to get a bit excited, o how the days will drag.😁

#145305 Reply
    Carla

I ordered X1 motability 19th Jan, spoke with sales yesterday, no build date, nothing to report.  I had to prise an order number from them.  Is there anyway I can find out if/when my car was ordered?  I just feel I am being given the run around.

#145307 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I ordered X1 motability 19th Jan, spoke with sales yesterday, no build date, nothing to report. I had to prise an order number from them. Is there anyway I can find out if/when my car was ordered? I just feel I am being given the run around.

Hi Carla. That’s very frustrating for you. Sounds as though there’s a slight possibility that your dealer hasn’t been able to allocate your order a build slot yet and you car may still be at status 077 (No Quota Available). I will attempt to list all the BMW order codes below and it would be worth phoning BMW Customer Services (0800 3256 000) and asking them what the current order status is. If it is still at status 077 I would be calling the dealer and asking why they took an order if they had no allocations for the next 3 months, without pointing this out. Hopefully the person you spoke to was just too lazy to look it up, but most of the code changes don’t kick in until just before the car is built. I ordered an X1 a few weeks ago and the dealer told me that X1’s have been taking up to 6 months from order to delivery.

List of codes:

0000 – Cancelled
    0097 – No Current Event Allocated
    0037 – Model or Feature Unavailable
    0077 – No Quota Available
    0200 – Special Request not Scheduled
    0500 – Cannot be Scheduled
    1100 – Scheduled
    1200 – Scheduled for Production

5000 – Confirmed for Production – Customer Spec Locked Down
    5050 – Chassis Number Allocated
    5055 – Confirmed by Production Control
    5100 – Bodyshop Start
    5190 – Bodyshop Complete
    5200 – Paintshop Start
    5270 – Paintshop Complete
    5300 – Pre-Assembly Start
    5400 – Assembly Start
    5500 – Assembly Complete
    6000 – Transfer to Distribution
    8200 – Released to Carrier
    9000 – Departed Plant
    9605 – Pre EU Port of Exit
    9615/35/45 – In Storage
    9610/20/30/40/50/60 – In Transit
    9610 – EU Port of Exit
    9615 – EU Storage
    9620 – At Sea
    9630 – Port of Entry
    9645 – UK and IE Storage
    9646 – Offsite PDI checks & registration (Southampton)
    9650 – Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
    9660 – Dispatched to Dealer
    9800 – Arrived Dealer

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: