Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117741 Reply
    Macca

Ok so as this model has dropped in AP by £400 this quarter, and metallic is now included again, it’s got my attention enough to get back to the test drive that I had booked at the beginning of the year, but had to cancel when my wife was unexpectedly hospitalised.

The encouraging thing is that the motor group that supplied my wife’s current Hyundai, also has a Volvo dealership. On liaising with them we have agreed a discount in return for our loyalty to the group. It’s a family business and service with their Hyundai dealedship over almost 4 years has been spot on, and reviews of the Volvo dealership suggest they operate to the same standard.

They offer a days test drive but aren’t running them currently due to coronavirus precautions. So whenever that can be arranged we’ll have one out for the day and see what we make of it over that extended drive.

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121991 Reply
    Speedy James

Confused about Volvo!!!! Went to a dealer, closed although website said it was open.

Thinking of  the range topping petrol 2wd auto petrol on the scheme. I think it’s the b4p inscription pro £2199 AP.

Can you still get them because the volvo website suggests hybrid only.

Also am right that version has leather electric memory seats?

Can’t seem to find specs anymore.

Thanks!

#121992 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

The B4P is the hybrid, basically the T4 with the electric system added.

#121993 Reply
    Macca
    Participant
    #121999 Reply
    Speedy James

Thanks. Anyone got one?

#122001 Reply
    Speedy James

Also where are we with Volvo and metallic paint, free or not?

#122002 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

James, metallic paint is back to being free. If you want the ‘special’ paints, you just pay the difference.
    The B4P engines are only just starting to be delivered. I don’t know of anyone here who has one yet. I’ll probably be one of the first to get one in September. You can expect the same performance as the T4. Whilst the engine is termed a hybrid, it is a mild one. The car does not run on electric power alone, it just provides a little assistance moving from stationary. Also, it’s not a plug in, it just charges on a energy recovery system. Hope this helps. 👍👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#122005 Reply
    ajn

Am I right in thinking this b4p can be driven using battery power, or is it just on there to help a petrol engine, which seems slightly pointless..

#122006 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

It just helps, it gives a little shove mostly when moving and when the engine requires torque. There is a PHEV XC40 and a full electric but we won’t see either on the scheme due to price (or I’d guess as much anyway). So no electric only driving. 😒

#122008 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

According to my dealer it gives a much smoother set up to the start stop system, but other than that you won’t notice it over the T4. It’s all part of the Volvo scheme to part electrify all engines, and of course it helps them with emission targets.

#122014 Reply
    Speedy James

Thanks Bionic Rusty. V helpful. So hopefully a little more MPG then too.

Now debating between this, MG ZS EV and BMW 3 touring.

Volvo is good value, tempted to add panoramic roof. MG amazing value.  BMW lovely but expensive.

Time will tell. What colour did you choose? I may have to take a stock car.

#122024 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hiya James, To be honest I don’t think there will be any noticeable mpg improvement but I live in hope. 🤞I think that the weight of the battery and charging equipment will negate any mpg gains

I don’t know much about the MG but the 3 Series Touring was a high up possibility if any deals were to be had. In black it looks amazing. Sadly no deals appeared to make it attractive. £500 is not to be sniffed at but I need electric seats and it’s a £1.9k option so the down payment would have been bonkers, even with the £500 off. Plus it’s a little too low so the Volvo won out.
    I’ve gone for Glacier Silver with red leather. The Glacier is an amazing colour. I‘ve seen it up close a couple of times and it can look silver, white, light grey depending on the light.
    I’ve a thread on my test drive somewhere here. 👍👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
Reply To: Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4
Your information: