Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117741 Reply
    Macca

Ok so as this model has dropped in AP by £400 this quarter, and metallic is now included again, it’s got my attention enough to get back to the test drive that I had booked at the beginning of the year, but had to cancel when my wife was unexpectedly hospitalised.

The encouraging thing is that the motor group that supplied my wife’s current Hyundai, also has a Volvo dealership. On liaising with them we have agreed a discount in return for our loyalty to the group. It’s a family business and service with their Hyundai dealedship over almost 4 years has been spot on, and reviews of the Volvo dealership suggest they operate to the same standard.

They offer a days test drive but aren’t running them currently due to coronavirus precautions. So whenever that can be arranged we’ll have one out for the day and see what we make of it over that extended drive.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117957 Reply
    Shed1965
    Participant

Hi we chose the T4 RDesign pro because we always liked the xc40 but last summer the AP was £3500 which was a bit rich for me so when last December the the AP was just over half that so went for it, If you don’t do many miles then it doesn’t matter so much.we tried a diesel and it felt a little more low down grunt but when automatic it really doesn’t matter so much and the petrol T4 was so much smoother than the diesel also as the AP was about £1200 more you would never cover that cost,in all fairness I would have chosen the inscription interior over the R Design but the RDesign outside looks much nicer,to me anyway

#117999 Reply
    Haley

Denise your new car sounds like it’s going to be amazing 😀 the lounge pack sure adds a lot and definitely think it’s better value if going for the panoramic sunroof. Think we are going to go r design pro with the added parking package, wireless charger and electric child lock. It’s a shame they don’t do the lounge pack as part of the Motability price like they do on some other brands. Just got to make the final decision on t3 manual or b4 auto, I’m swaying towards the auto with all the advice on here. I don’t do a crazy amount of miles so probably shouldn’t get too hung up on the mpg.

#118011 Reply
    Macca

I think this shows the Fusion Red so well …

#118012 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Called the dealer just now to book a viewing and got a bit of a snippy receptionist who said a sales guy would call back and hung up! So this left me thinking, ‘Oh here we go!’
    Then within 2 minutes a sales guy called back. Really pleasant chap and test drive booked for tomorrow at Rybrook.
    So fair play to the receptionist, she must have given him the message straight away. I’ll put it down to efficiency! 😁
    I actually like the look of both R Design and Inscription so could sway either way. Both have different pluses and I can’t think of any minuses worth noting.
    I’d still like to try a 3 Series for fit but it’s looking less and less attractive right now.

Of the other options & not in any order;

– Tiguan. The price increase. So it’s off.
    – Kodiaq. £1k more for less imo. So it’s off.
    – Superb. Not sure if I’ll fit & nearly double AP of XC40. So it’s off.
    – Passat. Fit and not as excited about looks. Still a possible.
    – X1. I’ve got one now & usually change. Still a possible.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#118014 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Something else I’ve remembered he said. A factory order would be delivered late September.

#118037 Reply
    michael
    Participant

I ordered my first car with the scheme on Friday. An XC40 R Design Pro B4 auto in thunder grey with parking pack and comfort pack. I was also torn between the R Design and the Inscription. I was told by 2 different dealers that the wait time for the inscription was around 7 weeks longer due to an issue they are having with the alloy wheels on the Inscription.

I have a late September estimate whereas it was going to be around late November for the Inscription.

#118039 Reply
    Dennise

Halen, Yes I am so damn excited 😆 maybe I went a bit wild with specs but I would rather have a car that I will enjoy driving for the next 3 years. I have gone for lounge pack, electric child lock & blind spot monitoring. Not to bad.! Lounge pack Comes with panoramic sunroof. Which is going to be fully open when I am driving around in hot summer. Definitely go for auto. T3 or B4 if you want more power.

#118040 Reply
    Dennise

bionic rusty good luck with the test drive. Let us know how it goes here.

#118051 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thanks both. You’ve both got great choices.  I can’t wait

I’m hoping there’s a Glacier Silver car there. I’ve not seen one in the metal and in pics it almost looks white. I love it ….. but in pics. 😁

The only think I don’t like about the car is they’ve done what Jaguar do and BMW did but just sorted. They go to the trouble of festooning these gorgeous cars with all led’s ……… except the flippin’ rear indicators (or brakes in other instances). The only saving grace is that they’re halogen as opposed to my X1. That’s got exactly the same bulbs for brakes and indicators that my 1980 Ford Capri had!
    Oh and the rear fogs are antique as well.

Many and most won’t be bothered by it but for some reason, I’ve always been keen on lighting. I think it can completely change a car.

#118052 Reply
    Macca

Tell us more about the Capri Wayne, …. was it “the car you always promised yourself” ? 😏

#118054 Reply
    Haley

I saw the silver it looks really smart, it looks white from a distance.

#118055 Reply
    Macca

I happened to find a photo showing how the full leather interior looks with Fusion Red. Oh now I like that, … a lot.

#118081 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

@Haley, so the pictures do it justice. That’s great. I hope there’s one there.

@Macca
    you’re right. That combo goes really well together.
    And the Capri, nah, I’m afraid it was ‘had’. I’ve always been quite proud to say it was my first car. 1.6L, VEY 517V. Highlands green with a black vinyl roof. Exactly the same as Del Boys but without the fluffy dice. 🤣😂If only I still had it.

I owned a 1990 XR4i as well. 2.0 DOHC,  rear wheel drive. There was only 2,700 made and should have had 125BHP but it came out of the factory with 150. Same as the 2.8 engines. Another one I regret selling now. Happy days. 😁

#118082 Reply
    72 dudes

@BionicRusty. Haha, brings back memories!

Remember the Ford “signal” colours? I had a signal orange Capri 2.0S, UVY 717V, with brown interior and checkered seats, like Bodie’s in The Professionals! (although his was a 3.0S).

Loved it although the front wheels were a devil to balance and then I was rear ended by a 4×4 while I was stationery at a zebra crossing. Got repaired but went off it after that!

#118088 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Woah @72Dudes.  That was an awesome car you had. I used to dream of owning one.
    Seems a popular pastime for Capri’s then. I was rear ended I’m mine at traffic lights 🚦 by a taxi. And to make matters worse, I was on a first date. That went well. 🤣😂

They never feel the same after a shunt do they? ☹️

#118093 Reply
    Macca

I always wanted the Capri 2.8i Special, but there was no way I could afford to insure and fuel one in 1989. Ended up with a black Capri Laser with the 7 spoke 2.8i Special alloys ….. that wasn’t fooling anyone 🙄

The thing I remember most about the Capri was that the Mrs and I could actually get in and out of it way back then, there would be no chance now 😂

#118094 Reply
    72 dudes

@Macca, yeah I always fancied the last of the Capri 280 run out models. Have you seen how much they are fetching now? Ridiculous, some around £20k.

@ BionicRusty. Never the same after a shunt. I went for a too sensible Honda Accord Exec 3 door after that.

The current XC40 is one of the best cars I’ve had though.

#118095 Reply
    Macca

Have a peep on ebay, there’s a 280 Brooklands up for £37k !! …. for a 1988 Ford Capri 😲

#121694 Reply
    Terry

<p style=”text-align: left;”>does the xc40 b4 inscription pro come with full leather and brown maple metallic paint and reversing camera for AP of £2199.?</p>

#121697 Reply
    Terry

Does the xc40 b4 inscription pro come with full leather, reversing camera and maple brown metallic paint heated seats for an AP of £2199 ?

#121700 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Maple Brown is an Inscription colour not R Design.

Full leather in an R Design costs £900, and the reverse camera comes in a pack for the R Design for around £575.

Ha 😂, scratch that, I got mistaken by you posting in the R Design thread. Just realised you’ve referenced the Inscription …. Doh! 🙄. The heat is getting to me.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Macca.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Macca.
    #121702 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hi Terry.
    It comes with everything you mention but the colours are listed here. Maple brown is not a specified colour.
    https://www.volvocars.com/uk/car-configurator/suv/xc40/inscription-pro/b4-(petrol)-fwd-automatic/personalize/color?recharge=false&s=272W5DB

#121746 Reply
    Tharg

The Volvo looks really smart in red with a black hat. Could almost forget it is an SUV (have trouble with the climb in and out).

Now, Capris… Never owned one but got to drive a few. From the 1600 (?) to a well tuned 2.0L. Comfy, easy to drive considering the low-level nature of the beast. The one thing I DO remember clearly is the propensity of the rear end to go whizzing off on its own with very little provocation and no warning!

#121759 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Tharg, I have the honour of saying that my first car was a Ford Capri 1.6L in Highlands Green with the obligatory vinyl roof (no DelBoy jokes pls).
    I used to get asked sooo much how on earth I could drive it given my condition. Thinking back now, I wonder myself.
    Even so, it was one of those cars where you think, ‘I wish I could have kept it’.
    A local businessman owned a Tickford Capri. I used to drool over it, right up until someone local bought an RS500 Sierra Cosworth. 🤣😂

#121798 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Even though I ordered my XC40 only yesterday, I returned today with the info about discounts at other dealerships and they agreed to match the £250 discount.  Swansea Volvo.  Volvo Abergavenny will also match.  Woohoo!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 136 total)
Reply To: Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4
Your information: