Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4

This topic contains 93 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Macca 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117741 Reply

Macca

Ok so as this model has dropped in AP by £400 this quarter, and metallic is now included again, it’s got my attention enough to get back to the test drive that I had booked at the beginning of the year, but had to cancel when my wife was unexpectedly hospitalised.

The encouraging thing is that the motor group that supplied my wife’s current Hyundai, also has a Volvo dealership. On liaising with them we have agreed a discount in return for our loyalty to the group. It’s a family business and service with their Hyundai dealedship over almost 4 years has been spot on, and reviews of the Volvo dealership suggest they operate to the same standard.

They offer a days test drive but aren’t running them currently due to coronavirus precautions. So whenever that can be arranged we’ll have one out for the day and see what we make of it over that extended drive.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117814 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Honest John says average mpg 32

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#117815 Reply

Macca

Charcoal headlining in the R is a huge bonus for me.

#117816 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Sorry meant to add interior, i think the Inscription Pro interior options are way ahead of the R Design.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#117817 Reply

Macca

Yep, certainly a lot of choice in the Inscription Brydo.

For us black interior with dark headlining ticks the boxes, with a leaning towards leather.

#117818 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Macca the leather really helps with getting the wife in and out but i do like the Nubuck, its all about choosing the model thats right for you, there will always be compromises.

#117819 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

We’ve checked out the Tiguan and Ateca, both decent packages, but my boss (wife) is a petite 4’10” and the seat squabs in both cars are too long so she ain’t comfortable.

@macca, have you and the boss tried an X1? I am only a couple if inches taller but have two heights really! As a consequence of my condition, I have one leg without a hip socket, ball, knee cap and is over 3 inches shorter than the other. There’s much more but to get to the point, I find the standard seats in the X1, which most people hate, are just about perfect. A very short seat pad and I’m able to get as comfortable as I think I can in any car. If you haven’t, give it a go. They don’t really have any side bolster but hey, it’s an suv, not an M3! 🤣🤣

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117820 Reply

Macca

I find the leather helps both of us. I tend to back into the drivers seat and then turn to the wheel. Then the reverse getting out.

Definitely easier on the leather

#117821 Reply

Macca
    Participant

We’ve checked out the Tiguan and Ateca, both decent packages, but my boss (wife) is a petite 4’10” and the seat squabs in both cars are too long so she ain’t comfortable.

@macca, have you and the boss tried an X1?

Yeah, we checked out the X1, it felt a little cramped for me at 6’2″, but the key problem is the seat belt being non height adjustable put it across my wife’s neck so that was a no for us.

#117823 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

In bionic Rusty’s case, the sums do sound too much, but try re-working the figures at 33 mpg.

Ah don’t get me wrong @72Dudes. It’s highly likely it’s the one we’ll plumb for. I know it’s going to be a million miles away from the X1 mpg wise where I’m getting 50+ but I’m going in eyes open. I am a bit of a hyper-miler as well and I’m sure I’ll get as good an mpg as the engine allows.

The rest of the car just makes too much sense. I’m aiming to make an appointment tomorrow for ASAP.

#117824 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Not sure which dealership you’re off to Wayne but just a heads up, both Chester and Angelsey wouldn’t entertain any AP discount when I was speaking with them at the beginning of the year.

#117825 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

For the first time in about 15 years I went for fabric in my X1 (listening to bloody James May). Worst thing I’ve ever done. Even so I think leather was well over £1k at the time and I just couldn’t justify the cost.

WOW, do you find the XC40 roomier than the X1? I thought it had the largest cabin in class?

I have to enter/exit cars the same. Sit, grab handle, lift and swing. Agony for my elbows but it’s the only way. The material in the X1 doesn’t like that. 🤨

#117826 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

2019 BMW X1 vs 2019 Volvo XC40 (technical comparison)

#117828 Reply

Macca
    Participant

WOW, do you find the XC40 roomier than the X1?

Yes I did find it felt roomy inside, very clever door panel design helps Wayne

#117830 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thanks Macca. We’ll be at Chester, hopefully this week. We’re hoping to get in Volvo & BMW on the same day and I think Anglesey and Jumction will be too much for me. I’d rather them tbh because I used to use Stratstone Chester and tried Volvo once or twice and was laughed out of the showroom by some arrogant sales guy who thought, as I wasn’t a soccer player, I couldn’t have one.

The only option I want is rear tints and I’m expecting a hard time cash wise. I’m not really expecting anything.
    I want to sit in the 3 Sport but there’s no way I’m paying £1,900 for electric seats.

The XC40 is a bit of a curve ball tbh but I think so long as it’s comfy, done deal. Just need to decide on the free colour now. 😂

You’re right, the red and blue are gorgeous.

#117831 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Bry, I use those vids all the time. I quite often comment in them as they’re brilliant for helping decide. Thanks for posting. 👍👍

#117832 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

WOW, do you find the XC40 roomier than the X1?

Yes I did find it felt roomy inside, very clever door panel design helps Wayne

Great. Nearly all the reviews I’ve watched say the same tbf. And if you wanna go snow plugging, this is a laugh. 😁

#117833 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Does this mean the XC40 might be the new Motability sweetheart?

😂

#117835 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Certainly possible this quarter given the ridiculous AP rises on most cars 😂

#117836 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Wayne the thing about room in most compact SUVs its almost certainly perception. An inch here or there makes little difference, its all about how you see the space. I am going down to an xc40 from an xc60 so straight away i thought it was a lot smaller, but when you look at the stats there’s not a lot in it.

#117837 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I definitely think the xc40 is the new Tiguan.

#117840 Reply

Ade

I love the R-Design, but cant understand why the reversing camera doesnt come as standard across the range.

I like the T3 and would probably bite the bullet and add the rear camera and front sensors option…its £575 but well worth it.

#117845 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Ade, full sensors and rear camera are standard on the Inscription Pro.
    Assuming it’s the £899 manual AP your referring to, add the £575 option cost and you’re only a couple of £hundred away for the Inscription Pro and you get an awesome spec.

Is that doable!

#117847 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I definitely think the xc40 is the new Tiguan.

The Naughty 40 Gang. 😂👍

#117852 Reply

Dennise

Hi Macca, I have ordered the XC40 R-Design Pro B4 at £1999 plus red fusion colour no discount. But I have been promised to get a full tank of petrol. I don’t actually mind the R design’s half leather and nubuck seats quite comfy. I was told leather gets quite hot in summer and hard to maintain. I guess it’s down to personal preference. I have added sunroof and lounge pack along with blind spot monitoring. The lounge pack comes with 360 camera ( this is all you need so easy to park) so I opted out for the rear camera not worth paying the extra 550 for it. I was originally going to go for T3 but changed my mind to B4 mild hybrid more power and supposed to be more efficient than the T3. I do only 5000 miles per year so B4 should be good.

#117853 Reply

Dennise

Hi Macca, Is the metallic included I was told I had to pay for it. Which dealer is this deal from please?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
Reply To: Xc40 R Design Pro auto B4

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: