Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• This topic has 3,332 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,526 through 1,550 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Georgie

Sun! Sun! And more Sun!  Nice a the moment, but the thermometer’s slowly starting to climb – 22.5c at the moment.

Slept with the big windows open as well last night and it actually dropped to 21c inside by dawn.  Owls were hooting it up a bit in the wood 11pm – midnight, but they were mostly far enough away not to keep me awake – and anyway, it’s a nice sound.  Not the terwit – towoo conversations, but a softer woo-hoo hoo sort of sound.  At the moment the blackbird out the front is doing a gentle warning chuck-chuck-chuck, so there’s probably a cat about but not hunting.

Tharg
        Participant

Same here. Georgie. Our blackbird spends nearly all day atop a holly tree telling everyone very loudly that it is HIS tree. Mrs Blackbird is obviously raising nestlings so why is he not helping?

Weather maps show some pretty energetic thunderstorms tonight; maybe even as far west as you. Hope so, need the rain and, well, do like a bit of banging and flashing. Perhaps I should rephrase that?

joss

It is indeed a glorious summers day. Humidity levels are good👍 Though again struggling to sleep last night due heat and humidity. Hopefully it will be better tonight.

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

ajn

Clear skies Mrs ajn soaking up a few rays on her fav chair, found it a bit cooler last night Joss managed to get a good few deep sleep hours in, hopefully same for you soon..

Tharg
              Participant

Now cloudy (5.30pm). Great big heavy raindrops holding promise of a jolly good thunderstorm later. Can see edges of big anvil clouds on horizon and assume one is heading for us. ⚡

Georgie

“do like a bit of banging and flashing. Perhaps I should rephrase that?”  Perhaps you should.

😀

Hope we do get a storm.  I think we’re on the edge of the ‘zone’ because the weather forecast keeps flipping between ‘lightning’ symbol and just ‘heavy rain’.  Either way, I hope nobody gets flooded out and that it’s cooler tomorrow, without being humid. (Good Luck with that, folks!)

Tharg
                  Participant

Weather radar most inconclusive. Will only display current coverage. Won’t go ahead more than 30 minutes. DO hope we do get a storm. Reminds a person just how insignificant we are!

Tharg
                    Participant

Plenty of nice heavy, warm summer rain. A tiny flicker of lightning, a pathetic whisper of thunder. No banging and flashing. (Not going to rephrase it since the former is unlikely, the latter unforgiveable!)

Georgie

Nowt.  Nuthin.  Nada.  Nil.

Zip. Zilch.  Zero.

Now it’s cooler, yes, but murky with drizzle.

On the upside, there’s a cuckoo in the wood being all eponymous at the moment.

Tharg
                        Participant

Well, we did have a couple of brighter bits of lightning away to the east. Accompanied by a bit of louder thunder. Nowt else. Now overcast, still warm (20C), and very heavily humid. Feeling very close, or as Bon Jovi has it: Just as close as the holy ghosties  😕

Tharg
                          Participant

Dear Weather Gods

Please make the rain go away. Two days now. Solid bucketfuls of water chucked from sky. Can we have the sun back please. I mean, I have been good. Followed all your rituals: chanting, prancing in garden (neighbours worried), even wearing the Special Clothes (embarrassing as they are). Now, I know you really want a Sacrifice but getting the DWP Minister burnt at the stake is a bit tricky, what with armed police and all. So could I just get a couple of PIP assessors and burn them instead?

Sincerely and wetly

TMO

mitch
                            Participant

its a s dull as ditchwater here but no rain, it rained in the night night before last but nothing significant. overcast and miserable ever since but no rain. really muggy.

joss

L👀King outside it does not L👀k good. The sky’s are looking menacing, the clouds are dark gray and loaded with water. Ready throw at us any time soon

Joss

mitch
                                Participant

here comes the rain!!!!!

ajn

☁️☁️☁️17•😐

🌻

Phaedra
                                    Participant

Far too bright and sunny, I had retinopathy this morning and my pupils are still wide open!

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Tharg
                                      Participant

Seriously grey. Only 14C. Meh!

Tharg
                                        Participant

A happy Midsummer’s Day to everyone. Especially those of you with weather which might be described as Midsummerish. Those of us in the south have most unsolstice-like meteorology. Wet, cold (13C max) and going to be Meh all day long.

My fault, I know. Should have put the sacrifices in a wicker-car like the Weather Gods require. Could’t find enough dry wicker. Even if I could, couldn’t decide what car… Porsche Cayenne, Bentley Bentayga V12, RR Cullinan? Has to be large enough to hold the sacrifices and expensive enough to annoy the D Flail.

joss

A happy Midsummer’s day to you  @Tharg. That there wet ‘orrible wet stuff is forecast to hit us around 14:00 ish.

Joss

Georgie

Midsummer Day and we’ve had to put the heating back on!  Still, as John Lennon sang:

Sitting in an English garden
                                              Waiting for the sun
                                              If the sun don’t come you get a tan
                                              From standing in the English rain

If it gets a bit brighter on Wednesday I might go out for a trundle.

Tharg
                                              Participant

Or, from George Harrison:

When the rain comes
                                                They run and hide their heads

Well, bonce is well and truly hidden! ☂

Midsummer’s day and even though the sun is hiding I sense a new world full of possibilities. Vaccination numbers will soon enable us to revive our zest for life whatever the weather.

I watched the film “Yesterday” again last night …. imagine a world without The Beatles!

Tharg
                                                    Participant

World without the Beatles, POPS? Impossible. Would be as bad as one without Mozart! Or Cole Porter!

Wigwam
                                                      Participant

Interesting thought…

If it wasn’t for Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly and their ilk, would we have even had The Beatles?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,526 through 1,550 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.