Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• This topic has 3,332 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tharg
      Participant

In fact, yesterday was so nice we actually managed to have a daughter visit – fine enough to do the distancing thing in the garden with coffee and cakes. To be able to actually be with a loved-one who we have not seen for a year was really good, I mean, dammit, she only live half an hour away! Got another three to re-establish contact with soon, and a grandchild I have only seen once in two years!

Tharg
        Participant

Still cold but bright and clear and nowhere near as chilly as the forecast says. Meant to be -3C overnight but not a sign of frost this morning. Suppose it must be because we are right on the coast and the sea keeps a strip of land a bit warmer?

joss

Lovely clear blue skys here but still very cold. Still, the sunshine is nice…

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Georgie

Cold but Sunny here this morning.  Lovely.

Spent weekend Spring-cleaning the house.  Still have to hoover the hall and the sitting-room, and sweep the kitchen floor.  I know how to have fun!

Georgie

According to the BBC weather forecast it should be 7c with Sunny spells outside at the moment.

It’s snowing.

mitch
                Participant

bonkers,started off today quite fine sunnyish and if you were in the sun quite warm.

but then end up in the shade and exposed to the wind it was positively baltic.

now its gone dull and its blwing a blizzard i kid you not snow hail etc and its freezing.

its not going to settle i dont think but wow what a difference a couple of hours makes.

joss

Well looking out the window just now, it is snowing again for the third time today. Snow is not settling thankfully. ⛷⛷🎿🛷🌨🌨🌨❄❄❄

Joss

Tharg
                    Participant

Had a whole snow storm here – for about 30 seconds. Stopped. Rained for 2 mins. Now bright and clear again. Sorree!

Participant

We had snow showers here accurate forecast by award winning carol Kirkwood great to see Louise back today amazing in blue dress

Lou

Had a bit of everything going except hail, thunder & lightening, the sunshine’s been lovely but from a warm indoor view 😎

Tharg
                          Participant

Very frosty. Makes one glad to have bought the front screen heater…

Georgie

Minus 4-ish last night.  No more snow, at least.  Cold and breezy at the moment.

Not a good day so far.  Drain along the side of the house has blocked (again), the plunger on the drain rods has split and his nibs has gone off in search of replacements at B&Q.  I would have gone along for the ride but I’m waiting for a parcel – literally 4 minutes after he left I got a text saying my parcel will arrive c. 2pm.

Participant

Good frost here too saw Dan and Louise on breakfast put feet in ice bucket Louise couldn’t stop giggling 😀👌

Wigwam
                                Participant

A flurry of snow in “sunny” Bournemouth just now.

Georgie

Back to ‘Meh’ weather again – cool, overcast, bit of a breeze . . .

Participant

Lovely sunshine here cool breeze Rachel looking resplendent on bbc breakfast

Tharg
                                      Participant

Same here. Bright, sunny, some cloud but warm. Nice Spring day. Lawn this afternoon!

Tharg
                                        Participant

Well, had to abandon the lawn when it rained. Then it went all sunny again and dried out so I un-abandoned it! Glad I did because it was a top afternoon for the flying things. Had a flight of ducks. A stooping peregrine going for its dinner. And then Sir Geoffrey the Heron (named after Mr De Havilland’s charming antique airliner) did a lovely low and slow pass and landed in a neighbour’s tree. Must be time of year for big river birds – saw an egret this morning. No sign of swallows, martins or swifts yet – summer doesn’t start until they arrive.  😎

Georgie

Snowed a bit overnight and again at about 7:30 this morning.  Opened the bedroom curtains to see the squirrel peering hopefully into the ‘nut hut’ and, boy, did I feel guilty.  I nipped out and fed him before I even put the kettle on!

Excellent news on the bird front, Tharg.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a peregrine in the wild.  The most impressive wild bird I’ve seen up close (as in about 5 ft away) is a pair of ravens in Snowdonia, and they came down to where I was standing, so I wasn’t disturbing them :-).  The Daily Heron still comes up and down, I’m happy to say, and I often see a little egret stalking along the banks of the Mighty River Wey just outside Alton – he/she’s claimed a nice little stretch near the back-road.

Tharg
                                            Participant

Jolly cold here. Went out to local shop about 9 a.m. and car beeped at me that it was 3C and should be careful. Later beeped again; 1.5C be more careful! Nasty white stuff attempting to precipitate, thankfully not settling. Must have offended Weather Gods. Sorry, ladies,

Don’t know where the peregrines nest round here but they are to be seen quite often. They will ride a thermal in big wide circles looking for lunch. When they spot it, there’s an easy pause, a couple of wing movements to get their aerodynamics right, then a push into the stoop, wings curled into negative lift and it is then very hard to follow with the mark 1 human eyeball. They are just unbelievably fast. Often think you cannot have seen what the bird just did.

Have not seen ravens in the wild. Would love to do so. Seem to be really smart and spectacularly good flyers. Sir Geoffrey (or maybe Olivia) are frequent visitors. They have a regular fishing spot on the Rife river, just a few hundred yards away. Love to watch them coming in to land, Long, slow, curving approach – just like a Lancaster doing the classic Bomber Command approach! (opening scenes of The Dambusters film shows it beautifully).

joss

Morning all. Bloody cold here car says -2  but nice and bright.

Joss

Georgie

Maybe your peregrines are the pair nesting at the Sussex Heights building in Brighton?

https://sussexheights.co.uk/sussex-heights-brighton-peregrine-falcons-nestbox-camera

I think there are also some on the Isle of Wight.  Perhaps you’ll get a visit from their Sea Eagles, too.

Tharg
                                                  Participant

Wight and/or Brighton could be the home of the wanderers. Close enough to both. Now, Sea Eagles? Isle of Wight? Shall keep eyes peeled. Seen some in the past; mainly en-route somewhere at high altitude. Once, decades ago in Norway on hols came past some rocks on edge of Fjord and there was this chap only 6ft away, just sat there. Tried to ignore me, failed and lazily pounded off over the water.

ajn

Frost, very sunny, main reason of posting been watching Georgie’s falcon cam it’s up there now..

ajn

🌞oh yeah, Thanks Georgie…

🌻🌻

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.