Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

This topic contains 586 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 2 hours, 44 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 586 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118970 Reply

Georgie

Funnily enough, I do find that it rarely rains on the days I have to go out.

And I did once have an unusually clever black cat (twice caught sitting on the Stocks and Shares page of the newspaper with the ‘phone right next to her paws).

And one of my brothers maintains that Hampshire is full of witches, who apparently spend their time removing signposts from the roads around Hampshire – which is obviously the reason why he repeatedly gets lost when he drives mum down to visit me.

And I do wear a lot of black . . .

#119074 Reply

Tharg

Reckon your brother is right. Always thought that Hants, particularly the New Forest, abounds in the elements of the Netherworld Glamour. When weather improves and tourists are available in greater numbers, I know you’ll be off to, say, Lyndhurst, and start throwing confused squirrels at innocent holidaymakers!

#119086 Reply

Georgie

Usually it’s confused holidaymakers throwing their cars at innocent ponies!

When the Camping Sites were closed, people were just parking all over the verges and pitching tents anywhere they could (despite there being no public toilets!), and sod the environment that they had supposedly come to enjoy.

Still, it’ll be nice to see the Gorley donkeys again and have Sunday Lunch at the Royal Oak, where there are comfy chairs I can actually sit on!

Maybe next year.

If there’s an effective vaccine.

#119104 Reply

Tharg

Must confess to being, occasionally, one of the holidaymakers in the New Forest. Didn’t throw car at ponies though. Parked car at hotel and didn’t use it for a week as we walked around the forest. This was before legs gave up! Hotel was the Lyndhurst Park. Used to be an absolutely lovely classic English country hotel. Understand it all went wrong for the owners and it is now empty and decaying. Shame.

#119123 Reply

Georgie

Imho the best time to drive around the New Forest is either c. 5am in the Summer, or in Winter when it’s really, really frosty.   It’s an entirely different place.

My favourite 2 N.F. places are the Rhienfield Ornamental Drive, and the Sway Tower.

When you get to Lindhurst, follow the A35 toward Christchurch but after 2 – miles, turn left and head down Rhienfield Ornamental Drive to Brockenhurst.  Very pretty in late Spring.

https://www.new-forest-national-park.com/rhinefield-ornamental-drive.html

Once you reach Brockenhurst, head for Sway and, to the south of the village down Barstow’s Lane, take a gander at the Sway Tower – the tallest non-reinforced cement tower in the World, built 1889 – 1885.  It’s unexpected – you’re driving down an unassuming little country lane, minding your own beeswax, and then suddenly there’s this bloomin’ great tower!  Just – there.  In the arseend of nowhere.  I love it.

https://www.lymington.com/lymington-life/locally/894-sway-tower

#119126 Reply

Tharg

Marvellous! Thanks for that, Georgie. When circ’s allow will follow your routes. Stuff about Tower particularly fascinating. Seen it from afar way-back-when and wondered what/why/how.

#119205 Reply

Tharg

Meanwhile, back at the weather: Cloudy, dull and more thn a bit chilly. Beeb’s Matt Welshbloke says it’s 25C. He lies! Car thermo says 17.5C. Had to put on a woolly to keep cold at bay – in July?!

#119248 Reply

Tharg

OK. I take it back. Cloud almost cleared. Bg yellow thing shining well. Temp up to 24C. V pleasant. Edited and fed greedy tomatoes; some going red. Yum!

#119308 Reply

Menorca Mike

Gorgeous day here 26 forecast today went big Tesco 7am deserted lovely got shorts t shirt on and sandals taking egg and cress sandwiches up country park later with can of caffeine free sprite no sugar in fridge now ! I like to be tanned and use bondi sands gradual tan every other day even on my face no smell sinks straight in and totally natural looking

#119309 Reply

Menorca Mike

So miss carol and Louise on bbc breakfast both back Monday

#119310 Reply

joss
    Participant

The Day is off to a good start. The 🌞 is out the sky is clear and the air is fresh. Lovely.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#119316 Reply

Tharg

Bright, almost clear, well warm. Probably heading for mid 20sC. Conditions perfect for ants which decided to swarm this morning. Thousands of the little beggars pouring into the air like rain in reverse. Seems a rather wasteful way to reproduce?

#119322 Reply

joss
    Participant

One year Tharg we had an ants nest in the kitchen. We did not know until they started swarm. Absolute nightmare. Had to dismantle half of the kitchen to remove the nest.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119324 Reply

Tharg

Joss, what a horror. They are right sods to get rid of. Had a small incursion in couple of rooms earlier in the year. Put down a lot of powder and gel-trays which, thankfully, seemed to work.

#119388 Reply

Georgie

Ants kept getting into my kitchen via a tiny hole at the corner of the window.  Liquid Nippon didn’t fix it, Nippon powder just made a horrible mess.  DH ended up ripping all the ivy off the outside wall below the window, which the little beggars had been using as a ladder to reach the hole.

My flying ants still haven’t swarmed.  Mind you, I only learned yesterday that DH has been quietly Liquid Nippon-ing the nests for the last week or so.  I feel a bit sad about it – it’s fascinating to watch them clamber up the tallest blades of grass and launch off into the unknown – even though most of them never get clear of the garden.  Their wings fall off the minute they land again, so they only get one shot at dispersal.

#119405 Reply

joss
    Participant

We do complain about the poor little mights. It could of course be something like Soldier Ants or Fire ants. Then we would have something to moan at.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119422 Reply

Menorca Mike

I loved Adam and the ants price charming and stand and deliver were classics

#119432 Reply

Georgie

The ‘Prince Charming’ video was pure class.

#119433 Reply

Georgie

We do get Wood Ants around here and they are big – for ants.  They can bite, too.  The make whacking great mound nests over in, well, the woods (the clue is in the name).  Don’t know how I’d shift them if they ever set up home in the garden!

#119434 Reply

Menorca Mike

Yes the Prince Charming video with Diana dors was amazing new romantic forever I loved that time

#119437 Reply

Ade

I used Nippon liquid about 10 years ago and it worked fine, no more ants.

A few weeks ago the place was swarming with them and got a couple of nippon trays from asdas and put them down, again – it worked..no more ants.

#119446 Reply

joss
    Participant

Yes the Prince Charming video with Diana dors was amazing new romantic forever I loved that time

Gosh Menorca Mike. Where you really a new romantic?

Back to the ants. This guy knows how to get rid of an ant nest under lawn. I wonder how he explained it to his wife. Take a peek, please try not to laugh.

Man blows up backyard trying to get rid of ants

Well, that's one way to get rid of an ant hill… wait for it 😂

Posted by news.com.au on Tuesday, 22 October 2019

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119461 Reply

Georgie

Caddyshack.

#119628 Reply

joss
    Participant

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119696 Reply

Georgie

Hi, Joss!

yes, it’s Sunshine all the way today.  Had planned to go out for the day but I’m soooo tired this morning that it’s a ‘No go’.

Maybe on Wednesday.

🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 586 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: