To mask or not to mask: what will you do after 19 July?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157464 Reply
    joss

So on the 19th of July almost all of the COVID restrictions will be lifted in England according to The PM B.J

So what will you do?

What I will do is more or less carry on wearing my mask where appropriate. I will also still be careful of shielding because I am extremely high risk. However, as I have had both doses of the vaccine. I do feel safer to the risk.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159412 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

I don’t have your confidence, Serendipity, that governments (of any political position) act in our best interests. They never have and they never will.

It’s a balancing act, most law’s exist by democratic common consent, you can’t pick and choose the one’s you wish to abide by, lawless anarchy being the obvious result of that.

#159415 Reply
    ajn

This can happen anywhere serendipity, it’s just alarming how the public act..

#159460 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You may not have noticed. serendipity, but the government have walked all over democratic common consent for the past 18 months, and have spent billions manipulating public opinion and suppressing dissent to achieve its objectives. You may think its objectives are righteous but the lack of debate and opposition is unprecedented.

#159464 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Politician’s have one overriding objective. Power.

#159472 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

For most, their overriding objective is to get re-elected.

#159473 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

For most, their overriding objective is to get re-elected.

This is the system we have, if you don’t approve of a particular MP or party, exercise your democratic rights at the ballot box at the appropriate time, personally, politically I’m about as far removed from the current government as you could possibly be, but I respect the votes of the majority.

#159485 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Unfortunately we don’t get to choose our MPs. We just get to choose from people put up by their respective parties, for whatever reason they choose, which rarely coincides with the needs of the local electorate.

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
Reply To: To mask or not to mask: what will you do after 19 July?
Your information: