The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• This topic has 2,612 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 2,612 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      fwippers
      Participant

In reality I can’t see us doing more than 100 miles a day, except maybe holiday time, and occasional  round trips to London, max 240 miles. Its possibly in the winter a short top up might be needed,  but 99% of the time, home charging plus top ups on the free chargers that are still available.

Participant

My son lives in Cornwall – me in Surrey – 250 mls – so just on the edge of doubt  – if head wind rain cold etc – apart from the occasional Christmas it will mainly be April thru to mid October – and even then perhaps only three or four times a year.

The truth is it is a change for all of us when we are close or near the edge of change – we all won’t to feel we have done our homework – once we have successfully done a couple of long trips, the admitted to or not, understandable anxiety will go.
          if we are on the Motability scheme then that is bound to add extra considerations – I for example can walk a very limited distance  – so getting stuck becomes more of an issue – equally I wouldn’t have chosen this car if I wasn’t up for the challenge.
          Risk and reward then, but only for long trips – so yea – just expressing what I suspect others maybe thinking too – still excited and looking forward to getting the car.

fwippers
          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think I will want to try out a couple of chargers when I first get the car so I am familiar with the process. Sometimes in life its good to try something different and new. Will be interesting to see what electric offerings are available tomorrow and the AP’s on the Kona’s.</p>

Sigma

Well Hyundai do remain a constant source of disappointment.

Hyundai Kona 64kwh Ultimate in Pulse Red ordered on 22 Nov 21 with a forecast delivery date of Apr 22. Date has consistently drifted right and 2 weeks ago we were told that the car was due to be built on 17 Jun 22 and ship on 30 Jun 22, arriving at the dealership circa 31 Aug.

Told this morning that build has not yet commenced and is forecast to be completed on 8 Jul with a revised shipping date of 15 Jul 22, estimated delivery date to the dealership of 15 Sep 22. I can’t see an Eukor ship departing on 15 Jul 22 (only 12 Jul 22).

I have absolutely no confidence that this revised date will be met either.

Participant

Sorry to hear your disappointment and obvious frustration Sigma.

As I have said before it is very difficult to understand why some people who ordered this year have already got their cars – I wonder if their order fitted a cancelled order.

I do hope you get some better news soon.

glas67
                Participant

Congrats @Tillyman that’s great news!  My dealer still hasn’t got back to me, which doesn’t really surprise me.  Last time I spoke to him at the start of June he said he had 200 orders on the go and was completely frazzled, so it looks like not much has changed in that respect.  I’ll give him til lunchtime then chase him.  Incidentally, 18th July is a quick turnaround for you, that’s impressive given everything I’ve heard.

Re the mats, our dealer actually ordered us a set of mats with the car.  I’ve no idea what they are like, and they are only charging us £25 for them.  Probably dealer branded ones?  They’ll do for a start anyway.

@Sigma
                  sorry to hear your disappointing news, it must be really frustrating.  Note though that Hyundai also use the Glovis line (it’s fully owned and operated by Hyundai) so it’s more likely that it will be coming over on one of their vessels.

Participant

Thanks glas67

Getting the VIN is a good positive – I know it is sitting somewhere in Tilbury – if I get it before August I will be content.  Still half of summer to enjoy and get used to the car – prob put in a couple of long road trips.

Hopefully you will get some positive news soon👍

Muttzmuttz
                    Participant

We’ve just been on to our dealer and circus clowns would be an insult yo circus clowns. They haven’t got a scooby what they’re doing. Apparently our car is showing as “factory” but hasn’t been built yet despite over 2 months ago being told it was “in production”. We were also told car should be on yesterday’s ship but obvs not. Now he days it might be the 3rd July or 15th July that it goes on a ship but how if its not been built yet.

When asked for actual concrete information instead of his guesswork and misinformation the response was… cancel and order somewhere else because we’re not getting any money at the moment from these.

Participant

Hi Muttzmuttz

I was told, in feb, that my car was built and waiting for a ship – as the months went by what I took this to mean is built but not finished – I assume waiting for chips – especially if it is an ultimate, as mine was.

It is difficult not to be frustrated and do sensible things like – think of your blood pressure and stay philosophical   – but at least you have this forum to vent your frustration.
                        I suspect many of the Motability reps are equally frustrated.

I hope you hear something more positive soon.

fwippers
                        Participant

I was thinking, I received my fortnightly call from the dealership on Tuesday, telling me ” its still on order and progressing”, a really vague comment. It was me who told the dealer the car was due to dock at Tilbury that day. I think the dealers have so many customers waiting they all get the same call and info, or lack of info, regardless.

Participant

I think you are probably right fwippers – perhaps they should have a forum to share their info and frustrations.

Muttzmuttz
                            Participant

We’ve just had motability contact Hyundai who then called us back with a serious attitude problem. Apparently all the information they have reactively told us is incorrect. Hyundai haven’t updated their system since April and that it has a status of “factory” which we assume means they’ve received an order and that is it. Simply put, this means the dealer has just been feeding us rubbish to fob us off. We’ve now got the supplier reference so we can go that route but when we called Hyundai they said, speak to your dealer, they have all the info you need…

Quite frankly, we’re considering cancelling the order but we’re in a predicament because all the APs are getting ridiculous now, so we’d pay more for even less when that was already the case in the first place. This whole experience is putting us off Evans Halshaw, Hyundai and Motability but we’re stuck. We can’t afford to just pop out and pay for a new car. Aaargh

ChrisK
                              Participant

Hi Muttzmuttz

I think that’s pretty much how things are going across all manufactures this year in that the manufacturer is passing the buck to the dealer but the dealers themselves know as much as we do.

I was told 5 months for my VW then changed to 12 months within a month of ordering but I think my dealer gave an honest as they can answer at the time on the delivery times but its the manufacturer who really knows what’s going on and there keeping it under their hats of fear of losing customers.

The trouble with that is its been going on so long now with every excuse under the Sun along with the bad weather on Mars this year, folk are beginning to lose patients with them.

That said some dealers are worst than other when it comes to keeping in touch with customers.

Participant

E Halshaw were not great when I went there years ago. A neighbour bought a second hand car off them tho and that went ok at time. As said it can really depend on individual outlet. Hyundai are usually fairly good, but of course they are under pressure retail wise so sometimes dealers swap orders around to keep retail happy as it’s more profitable.

Not ideal but the guys have a living to make I suppose

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                  Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

As I am hopefully swooping my car out towards the end of the month – I thought I would go onto Motability and my account just to once again check everything was correct – it occurred to me that it was the new quarter – so out of curiosity I searched new cars phev and electric – I was gob  smacked as to how the prices had shot up, especially at the high end – so my take is  – if you are a Motability customer, however long the wait is  – cancelling and reordering – unless they have a cancelled order in the show room (which they would more than likely sell privately) it is a loose loose, both in time but especially money.

fwippers
                                    Participant

The AP has risen by 300 pounds for the Ultimate, however, compared to other electric offerings on the scheme, still to me stands out as the best value for money.

Participant

Absolutely agree about the Kona EV value for Money  on the scheme  – not sure why such a difference compared to other makes – but as a Motability customer looking for an EV – if size isn’t an issue – then why wouldn’t you!

lee

Ordered 24 December. Phoned up the dealer today and was told the kona ultimate EV has not been built yet. They said it would be by the end of the month (July) – shipping Mid August and at dealer in October.

Garry p

sounds like the rubbish we keep getting told guys . We ordered 4 Jan 2022 a electric ultimate and we have been told should be on the morning Linda which is at Ulsan at the min due to leave around the 12 July but that moves around a bit too . It makes people so Frustrated to be told dates which do not happen!!!!!

glas67
                                            Participant

Heard back from the dealer.  The bad news is my car wasn’t in Tilbury.  The good news is that he emailed me the itinerary from his screen that is provided by Hyundai, and it shows that the car was due to arrive in Tilbury yesterday.  No ships were due in yesterday, so I’m pretty confident that it’s on the Glovis Crystal that’s due in later today (well done on noticing that ship @Tillyman !).

The Hyundai itinerary shows that if the car arrived yesterday it should be at the dealers for 26/7, so hopefully looking at no worse than the end of July to get it to us even with the ship delay.  Ideally we will be able to pick it up on the 29th or 30th after our holiday and before another road trip we’re planning, but we’ll see.

I’ll leave the dealer alone for a couple of weeks now lol.

Participant

Sounds positive glas67 –

Hopefully the car will be ready for collection when you return from holiday – tho I suspect your holiday mar include relaxing in the form of planning your next road trip with your new car – lol 😂 – I would be too!! 👍

John Davies

Visited my dealer today, and was told the ship my car is on docks tomorrow, I had originally been told it was docking on the 30th of last month, does anyone know if there is a ship from hyundai docking tomorrow. Thanks

Participant

Morning Chant is the only possibility I can see – now south of Lisbon – so it would have to go some!

Participant

It is due immingham Humber other side from hill on the 6th – there have been a couple of recent ships dropping of at Tilbury over the last couple of days – maybe referring to one of them – good luck hopefully one of them.

Participant

You may have guessed I meant Hull not hill – I hate spell grammar correction software 😂👍

Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 2,612 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.