The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• This topic has 2,612 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 2,612 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Do you have to request the VIN or do they contact you when it is available – also if a mod reads this, I have already submitted this once in a slightly longer form – it disappeared – i normally copy before I post in case this happens – but as it was short I didn’t bother.

Chris

Mine was( just me) I got told it will be at the dealers around 12th of July

glas67
          Participant

I didn’t bother contacting the dealer today to see if he had word of it, the ship was still berthed at Tilbury when I last checked so it might not even be off yet.  I’d probably just panic if he said no anyway lol.

On a side note, I read some interesting articles yesterday about the unloading process.  They have a team of people called Stevedores, and they get bussed onto the ship to drive the cars off, then get picked up and took back to the ship to repeat the process.  Newark harbour in the US is one of the biggest with 140 Stevedores for every ship, but they still only manage 450 cars an hour max.  Considering they can be offloading thousands at a time, it can be a long process.

I also found out that these huge ships are manned by a crew of just 22.  The crew take nothing to do with loading and unloading though, that is all on the port authorities.

My mind is absolutely fried with vehicle carrier info lol.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Eerrr – what’s the name of the car again – is it a V6 or a V8. 🥹😜🤪</p>

fwippers
              Participant

A friend in the trade said that quite a few cars, albeit a very low % get damaged en route!

Participant

What happens to them – are they repaired  and hope nobody notices – or just give them to motability customers.

Are we talking scratches and dinks or sometimes serious stuff – like falling to another deck – guess it depends on weather conditions – so are you preparing me for bad news fwippers is there something you know that I don’t – is it another one of your secret cameras – lol 😂 👍

Hopefully all will be good.

fwippers
                  Participant

What happens to them – are they repaired and hope nobody notices – or just give them to motability customers. Are we talking scratches and dinks or sometimes serious stuff – like falling to another deck – guess it depends on weather conditions – so are you preparing me for bad news fwippers is there something you know that I don’t – is it another one of your secret cameras – lol 😂 👍 Hopefully all will be good.

Sorry. I had to rush out and did not get a chance to finish. I was told in the worst case examples it could involve a new bumper so I am not going to worry too much.. I would imagine the cars are pretty well secured. Perhaps we should get an advent calendar and start counting down the days to handover.

Participant

It is beginning to feel a little more likely and real – I will, still be happier when I get a VIN  – preferably red to toast the car.

fwippers
                      Participant

Likewise, I am resisting the desire to get too excited, yet. Once I hear from the dealer with a VIN I will feel its real, but until I get the call to say they have the car, I shall remain positive and optimistic, but a tad cautious!

By the way I see this has proved to be one of the most popular threads on the forum.

Participant

Yep – well done and thank you Capuchin 👍👍

So when we get our cars are we all going to suffer from with drawal symptoms – no more watching the horizon from a distant camera, no more hanging on the phone for supply, no more checking in with Eukor. No more scouering various forums for clues and latest gossip – what is left – we will just have to satisfy ourselves with driving our cars – plus the latest apps and the cheapest charging points of course. 😂👍

Ian Websell

Hi @tillyman

Im with OVO Energy and on a fixed rate till October. When I charge day or night for a 7 hour charge it costs me around £6.80 and around £7.60 in the night. My new charger we have had fitted runs 7.4kwh which is faster than the last one we had. Which ran at 6.5kwh.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

Got my hopes up when my dealership last updated me saying delivery estimate had come forward a couple of weeks to mid August, unfortunately this week they now tell me it’ll be end of September..

Participant

Hi Ian – my fixed rate ran out with OVO end of March – new fixed one year and two year rates were multiples of the old rate – having researched various companies I decided

1. It was worth the risk not to tie myself in to a fixed rate – so far that has proven correct.  This winter will be the test!

2. I wanted to stay with a company who seemed reasonably secure and likely to stay solvent.

3. I am only likely two charge my car twice a month unless I am doing one of my longer trips.

Andrew – sorry to hear about your knock back – there are many of us who have been there on many occasions – don’t want to be negative but, the old adage – expect the worst and hope for the best comes to mind – when people have eventually got their cars they all seem extremely impressed and happy – stay philosophical.

glas67
                                Participant

@Tillyman @fwippers

Yes, cars are definitely damaged en route!  It’s only rare it happens though despite them being packed in so tightly, as they are lashed so tightly to the deck.  Any scratches and dents suffered are fixed at the receiving port, assuming they are minor.

Glovis Comet is now out of Tilbury and on its way to Belgium, so I called this morning for an update.  Needless to say, the motability guy was busy with a customer so I’m awaiting a call back.  Fingers crossed.

Participant

Hi glas67 – thanks for info

I emailed my dealer about 30mins ago asking for latest update and when to expect VIN – he usually gets back the same day, assuming it’s not a day off – in which case I get an I’m out of the office at the mo etc.

Any updates I will post!

Participant

I have just received my VIN – whoop – whoop – with a predicted collection – shortly after  18th July – hopefully – many more of you will be getting similar messages

Muttzmuttz
                                      Participant

I have just received my VIN – whoop – whoop – with a predicted collection – shortly after 18th July – hopefully – many more of you will be getting similar messages

Excellent news. Let the excitement begin! You ordered in October right? So my order from Jan 11th should be on schedule for Sept based on that.

Participant

Hi Muttzmuttz

I think many of us have been trying to establish some kind of logic to it for many months – I know of people on this forum who ordered an ultimate like me and had their car a couple of months ago.

My conclusion for what it’s worth is that colour is a definite criteria – presumably they batch colour – then there are different fittings ie black or light grey – ultimate adds more chips which I think has definitely been an issue. I have no idea as to how many different varieties of chip goes into a premium as opposed to an ultimate. But I suspect shipping more premium at the expense of the ultimate – especially in uk due to grant differential, would definitely be part of the decision making.

So to sum up I believe colour trim and amount of chips were the reasons for the order of despatch – without having an understanding of their stock – who knows!!

For the record I ordered Ultimate light grey interior misty jungle at the end of October.

I sincerely hope you and others get your cars sooner rather than later.

fwippers
                                          Participant

Colour and interior trims do play a part. Hyundai will wait until they have sufficient orders of a particular colour before doing a production run, and as the Ultimates require more chips, it appears they have prioritised the  Premiums. Glad you have your VIN. As I only spoke to my dealer on Tuesday i´ll wait until next week before contacting him. Just a question of car mat´s to sort out, which can be done online with next day delivery, if needed.

Hi Muttzmuttz I think many of us have been trying to establish some kind of logic to it for many months – I know of people on this forum who ordered an ultimate like me and had their car a couple of months ago. My conclusion for what it’s worth is that colour is a definite criteria – presumably they batch colour – then there are different fittings ie black or light grey – ultimate adds more chips which I think has definitely been an issue. I have no idea as to how many different varieties of chip goes into a premium as opposed to an ultimate. But I suspect shipping more premium at the expense of the ultimate – especially in uk due to grant differential, would definitely be part of the decision making. So to sum up I believe colour trim and amount of chips were the reasons for the order of despatch – without having an understanding of their stock – who knows!! For the record I ordered Ultimate light grey interior misty jungle at the end of October. I sincerely hope you and others get your cars sooner rather than later.

Participant

Hi fwippers

I ordered my mats from the dealer.

Mats are £48.74 +VAT

I looked on line – Amazon etc
                                              Thought about rubber as opposed to material – but my days of regularly ploughing through mud are over – tho grandchildren may oblique.

Reading recent reviews there seemed to be various issues of fit – ranging from people not reading properly and ordering left hand drive fit to older model fit etc – I believe the back seat floor space was slightly extended in latest model – so for the sake of a few more pounds for carpets I am likely to use for three years I decided to get them to fit with car.

fwippers
                                              Participant

I am going to get the proper mats too, a decent mid range set online with postage is around the forty pound mark, so worth paying a bit extra for the real think. I had a figure of around a century in the back of my mind, so 58.50 with the VAT, not bad.

Muttzmuttz
                                                Participant

For the record I ordered Ultimate light grey interior misty jungle at the end of October. I sincerely hope you and others get your cars sooner rather than later.

We ordered misty jungle, although it was called jungle green I think when we did it because they changed the names, dark interior, ultimate. We’ll see what happens, our dealer is a waste of time in getting proactive information out of and they don’t rate this forum for info!

I’ve been watching this on here since it started. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your car when you get it

Participant

Thanks Muttzmuttz

After I have driven car for a week or so  I will post feedback.

Ian Wendell has posted some good stats on here reviewing his car – but most people seem to be very pleased with it – so only a few weeks more before I am in full big kid mode 😂👍

fwippers
                                                    Participant

In anticipation I have downloaded a few apps.  Zap map is up to date, the others, I am afraid are missing several recently (appx 3 months) installed charging points. I’ll kerp the other 2 just in case!

Participant

Sorry Ian Websell – spell check decided to change your name 😂

fwippers – I don’t know what kind of mileage you do but if like me you have longer distance routes that you repeat – then once you have reliable charging points on route – preferably multiple chargers of a good speed and a sensible price – some really fast chargers your paying for speed the Kona cannot match – also easy pay ie card touch then once I have gone thru the process once or twice – I’m good to go – I will prob go thru the process locally just to prove to myself I know what I’m doing – or at least give the illusion 😂👍

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 2,612 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.