The kona electric delivery time thread

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought I’d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #184568 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@Kezo Thanks for your thoughts – yes I knew vehicle wasn’t stamped until end of manufacturing process – presumably after the real end – ie all chips in place and tested – but there seemed to be some differences as to when the dealer was made aware of the vin. My dealer does not yet know the vin of my vehicle – which I would suggest adds more to the possibility that although my vehicle was built (mostly) the final chips have not yet been put in place and it has been sitting waiting since February. It will be interesting to match the time I get vin from dealer and actual delivery – thanks for your thoughts 👍

I suppose it all rests with the supply team on when they let the dealer know. I got mine when it was at Gdansk waiting to be shipped along with delivery time to dealer. I think I replied to you a few days ago basically saying mine took just over 7 weeks from build start to finish so hopefully your won’t be to much longer before its shipped (fingers crossed)

#184574 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Jason – I think I’m right in saying it can only charge at late 70’s but what I understand of your needs it will be perfect  – even basic trim gets a lot of useful safety kit – enjoy your car very soon without the long wait frustration – enjoy 😁😘

#184576 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The 64 charges at 77, the 39 max 50.

#184588 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The higher price and you will quickly be moved on I imagine.

#184593 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

It will only charge at the maximum rate of 50kw the car is designed to be charged at and it will have a fail save design to stop it charging any higher.

#184623 Reply
    Chris

Hyundai uk , Facebook and twitter have stopped giving updates because dealerships have now got the same system as them found out today when I messaged them on twitter

#184627 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I have been promised a call back today from Hyundai, with profuse apologies it has taken over 2 weeks to get an update. When, or if, I have news I will post it here.

#184633 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Update from Hyundai Customer Services,  estimated month of arrival to dealership is August. I have had the same information confirmed by both the dealership and Facebook Messenger, so the systems all seem to be in alignment. I will now get my updates from the dealership.

#184632 Reply
    Brent

Yeah they’re definitely given different updates. Or some dealerships are lying.

Hyundai on Facebook have assured me it’ll be September at the latest, my dealer still says November.

#184646 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

A quick update, dealership are expecting car at the beginning of August, due for arrival into Tilbury in July,  a fortnight before. This equates to appx 8 months wait, could be worse in the current climate. Reasonably content that at least I have a timescale, albeit an estimate.

#184647 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

A quick update, dealership are expecting car at the beginning of August, due for arrival into Tilbury in July, a fortnight before. This equates to appx 8 months wait, could be worse in the current climate. Reasonably content that at least I have a timescale, albeit an estimate.

At least you can see light at the end of the tunnel fwippers 🙂

#184648 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Given all the times dealers have had to  say – sorry another 2 months – I suspect some are adding a bit and playing safe.

After Ian’s experience with getting the vin number and time to getting the car – I am now of the mind  – wait until I get the vin – then add 7 weeks.  Anything sooner I will take as a bonus.

#184649 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

A quick update, dealership are expecting car at the beginning of August, due for arrival into Tilbury in July, a fortnight before. This equates to appx 8 months wait, could be worse in the current climate. Reasonably content that at least I have a timescale, albeit an estimate.

At least you can see light at the end of the tunnel fwippers 🙂

I spoke to the head guy at the dealership, he said very unlikely the schedule will be shorter, the shipping from Ulsan appears to be on a monthly basis, with arrivals due 11th May and 14th June, so I imagine many of our cars will be on the following months departure?

#184657 Reply
    Chris

I messaged my dealer to see if he has any more information

#184661 Reply
    lee

I was on the phone with motability the other day. I went in to the garage before Chirstmas and MB got the agreement on the 28th Dec. They lady from MB said that I will not get the £250 payment because I order in 2021.

Has anyone else found this ?

What is the delivery date now for a car ordered on the 28th dec. Kona Ultimate factory built.

#184680 Reply
    Garry p

We have just been into our Hyundai dealership they told us they had a few kona ultimate electric coming in and the orders have been cancelled so we jump on a cyber grey one coming into dealership august. Shipping early June so we will see if there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel

#184684 Reply
    Chris

Lucky Garry! And I’ve also had a email to say still showing as middle of July

#184686 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I was on the phone with motability the other day. I went in to the garage before Chirstmas and MB got the agreement on the 28th Dec. They lady from MB said that I will not get the £250 payment because I order in 2021. Has anyone else found this ? What is the delivery date now for a car ordered on the 28th dec. Kona Ultimate factory built.

You can read all about the £250 and the timeline here:

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/new-vehicle-payment-introduced/

#184688 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Useful link – thank you 👍

#184693 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I see no issues Lee in you getting it. Looks like the lady you spoke to made a mistake

#184695 Reply
    Garry p

If any of you guys are interested in getting your kona early that had about 3/4 and some hybrid ones too . Dealership is cars 2 barnsley motorbilty guy is Howard. Hope this may help someone else out ?

#184707 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi All

we are still loving our Kona EV Ultimate. Still not charged it yet. Battery showing 49% and a range of 148 miles and we have done 162 miles so far. So all good.
    I also work to my £850 in my bank. £600 good condition and £250 bonus. So my Ultimate cost £149 plus my new mats.
    Im sorry most of you are still waiting.

#184716 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Another update from Hyundai customer service.  Car is showing as in production due for shipping June with delivery to dealer August and dealer has confirmed 1st August as the eta. Ian, pleased you are delighted with the car. I will continue to post on this thread but perhaps with less frequency.  Final think, Hyundai said that the delays are being caused by supply issues and it is possible the car is already built but just awaits a few components, probably microchips. I have a note to contact the dealership in mid June, content in the knowledge that all the systems are now showing the same information.</p>

#184809 Reply
    Ian Websell

Good Morning

Hope all is well.
    Charged my car for the first time yesterday. From home. It cost me £4.83 although that was helped by our solar panels. It took just over 9 hours.
    After charging the range was 337 at 99% of battery, so we are very happy with that.
    You will all be doing the same very soon. 👍👍

#184810 Reply
    Ian Websell

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 541 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread
Your information: