Subaru rejoin the scheme

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Macca
    Participant

So as we trip into a new week tomorrow, will we get to see Subaru join the party.

Talk about keep us waiting for a dramatic entrance or what.

Come on guys ?

clappedout
      Participant

On my list, Macca. Perhaps they are waiting for the updated Forester, which due in the USA very soon.

Macca
        Participant

They have UK compound stock of the current model that will need to be shifted I reckon.

Imiller9
          Participant

They have UK compound stock of the current model that will need to be shifted I reckon.

which , no doubt, will be offered to Motability to help clear the old stock and removed just as latest model becomes available

Macca
            Participant

Apparently, the last time Subaru were removed from the scheme it was Motability’s doing, as their rules were much stricter then.

Things have changed a lot since so I’m hoping that when the do appear back on the scheme, they’re here to stay.

Macca
              Participant

An update from a main Subaru dealer ….

It’s getting closer ✨️

Volts
                Participant

I think they played the “we are coming to the Scheme” card too soon. Particularly as its now spanning multiple Quarters and potential price changes.

Hope it doesn’t go above the 4k AP.

Wonder if the accreditation % is a Motability requirement or a Subaru operating decision?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Volts.
                  Macca
                  Participant

The last I heard, there were just 9 Subaru dealers left to box off their motability accreditation.

Soon guys, soon.

Participant

I reckon they (Suburu) will wait until Q3 now to launch onto the Scheme. I hope I’m wrong but we will see!

Macca
                      Participant

Dealer update …..

***** IMMINENT*****

Subaru Outback (Field) and Subaru Forester Premium + Sport

AP circa £4k + £750 NVP if applicable so £3250 (ish)

4WD – Petrol Estate or Hybrid SUV

Due to go live within 4 weeks

Glos Guy
                        Participant

@Macca Is the Forester the e-BOXER self charging hybrid? I can’t see any other. And presumably that means 2 models, Premium and Sport (I was looking for a Premium + Sport model 😂). Can’t say I like the styling but the standard spec looks good. Have you driven one? Reviews look very poor – all consistently 2.5 or 3 out of 5 at a quick glance. Haven’t read them yet to know why.

Macca
                          Participant

Yeah, Forester is the self charging e-boxer. Depends which review you read / watch, and what you’re looking for.

It’s not gonna win races, but has very capable AWD, and Eyesight safety system. I like the size too.

Gonna organise an extended test drive once it goes live, dealer is happy to sort that.

Macca
                            Participant

I did drive the Mk4 Forester some years back, and really liked that but the spec I was interested in wasn’t available so we opted fir something else at thst time.

A decision I’ve always regretted.

The e-boxer is naturally aspirated so no turbo, but I’m quite a casual driver as my wife is a nervous passenger following a horrendous car accident some years back. I feel that the other offerings of the Forester would suit us very well.

As for styling, I actually like that it doesn’t fit the mould of the masses, both inside and out.

I really like the upcoming Mk6 Forester, but that’s unlikely to hit the UK until the end of 2025, so I need to focus on the current Mk5.

Volts
                              Participant

No one interested in the Outback then?

Macca
                                Participant

Lovely motor and big cargo space, just a touch low for me

Participant

I looked at the Outback briefly when I test drove the Forester and it did look a nice motor but the big problem for me was the lack of height clearance in the boot. It did have loads of space but just wasn’t high enough.

Glos Guy
                                    Participant

Looks better than the Forester, both inside and out, but looks like we won’t be offered the top spec Touring model unfortunately. Had a look at some reviews of both cars and they seem incredibly dated (at least 10 years behind the competition) and the performance and fuel economy of both are absolutely woeful. Shame as it’s something different. My late mother-in-law loved them (she had several Outbacks) but she was a farming type. They strike me as being in the Land Rover mould. Superb off road (where I never go) but heavily compromised on road (where I do).

Elliot
                                      Participant

I’ll be shocked if they sell more than a handful of these on the scheme.

kezo
                                        Participant

Subaru are joining ayear to early imo, especially as there is a better one comming next year 🙂

Macca
                                          Participant

Well, Unity at Balsall Common suggest they have a stack of orders which they are just waiting to process when Subaru go live on motability.

I think they’ll shift a lot more than you may expect, on the basis that they’re putting decent specs on the scheme.

Glos Guy
                                            Participant

I suspect that they will be a lot more popular than you think. Whilst they are severely compromised in several critical areas, Subaru has quite a cult following and enthusiasts will live with all the shortcomings.

Glos Guy
                                              Participant

Subaru are joining a year too early imo, especially as there is a better one coming out next year 🙂

That’s probably going to be the way that the scene goes though. Other than the mass market brands, anything more tasty will most likely be run out models.

Macca
                                                Participant

Thing is I really like the 2025 Forester, but I also really like the current Forester, so I have no problem testing the current model once live, and if alls good then taking one on lease and enjoying that for as long as is possible.

If the 2025 Forester is added in time to come then that will be a great future option too.

Elliot
                                                  Participant

Subaru are joining ayear to early imo, especially as there is a better one comming next year 🙂

In other words they’re using Motability to shift the cars nobody else wants to buy.

I wonder how many of what they shift will end up being sent back once people realise what the running costs are with the terrible mpg.

Macca
                                                    Participant

It’s like any car, you do your homework and go into it with eyes wide open.

I’m expecting it to be comparable to our auto 2 litre petrol turbo XC40

The Forester is non turbo but carries the extra weight of the AWD system, so it’s swings and roundabouts.

I totally get that if you’re used to driving a diesel knocking out 50mpg, the Subaru would be shocking, but then I don’t think they are really looking to target that segment of drivers.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 148 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.