Subaru rejoin the scheme

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It’s like any car, you do your homework and go into it with eyes wide open.
      I’m expecting it to be comparable to our auto 2 litre petrol turbo XC40
      The Forester is non turbo but carries the extra weight of the AWD system, so it’s swings and roundabouts.
      I totally get that if you’re used to driving a diesel knocking out 50mpg, the Subaru would be shocking, but then I don’t think they are really looking to target that segment of drivers.

The petrol Volvo XC40s are notoriously poor for mpg so, as you say, it shouldn’t be much different.

Given that many people on this forum cite low running costs as their main motivator when choosing a car, I find it very refreshing when someone goes with their heart rather than their head. I enjoyed the Mini JCW thread last year, even though that’s not a car we could remotely consider due to its size

I always remember a late uncle of mine, who loved his cars, turning up at my house in his Porsche Macan GTS, complete with sports exhaust and god knows what else. He told me that a neighbour had asked him what mpg he got from it and he said he didn’t have a clue and he didn’t care, as it put a smile on his face every time he drove it (his daughter looked at the computer and it was 23mpg 😂). Sadly, when he roared off down my road as he left, that was the last time I saw him. He died not long after aged just 77.

As I’ve said before, if something like a Porsche Macan came onto the scheme (not that it would) I’d order one and not give a damn about the running costs! Meantime we shall continue with our perfectly acceptable BMW x1 2.0i petrol which, despite being AWD, still delivers 42mpg and can easily achieve 50mpg on long journeys – better than most diesels we’ve had!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
      Macca
      Participant

Well said Glos Guy. We have enough to deal with in life that we didn’t choose and impacts our quality of life, what’s wrong with a bit of escapism

Glad to hear you’ve had a good run with the X1, it was too compact for me, and tge non adjustable seatbelt sat across my wife’s neck so it just didn’t work for us.

Participant

I don’t do massive mileage on my vehicles so my priorities are more focussed on other aspects, rather than just fuel economy. I’m not saying it doesn’t matter at all but as long as it’s not something stupid like 20 or 22 mpg then I am much more focussed on getting other things, such as 4WD, decent handling, good pulling power and a large boot space. The Forester does much of that for me so is a strong contender!

Macca
          Participant

FINALLY SOME NEWS ON SUBARU. LAUNCHING NEXT WEEK ONTO MOTABILITY

As per an update from the dealer today

💥👊😉

Participant

FINALLY SOME NEWS ON SUBARU. LAUNCHING NEXT WEEK ONTO MOTABILITY As per an update from the dealer today 💥👊😉

At last! 😀😀😀

Macca
              Participant

Whatchya talkin’ about Willis, it was always on the cards, it was just a case of when 😉

Macca
                Participant

So the dealer is suggesting that tomorrow (tuesday) is the launch day for Subaru on the scheme.

Spidey senses are tingling now 😁

Macca
                  Participant

And we have lift off 👊😎

des
                    Participant

Good to see Macca 👏👏👏

Glos Guy
                      Participant

And we have lift off 👊😎

Have you ordered yet @Macca ? 😂

Macca
                        Participant

As tempting as it was to be waiting at the dealers door this morning, I’m currently on a pain management program so tied up just now. I’ll have a chat with the dealer and see what we can plan for an extended test drive from next week onwards, then take it from there.

Glos Guy
                          Participant

As tempting as it was to be waiting at the dealers door this morning, I’m currently on a pain management program so tied up just now. I’ll have a chat with the dealer and see what we can plan for an extended test drive from next week onwards, then take it from there.

Sorry to hear that. Do report back on how you find the test drive.

kezo
                            Participant

Indeed get well soon Macca.

I’m sure I replied earlier but, looks to have gone in moderation. Oh well ignore that one lol!

kezo
                              Participant

And we have lift off 👊😎

Have you ordered yet @Macca ? 😂

Now comes the thinking stage Macca do I or dont I order one 🤣

Macca
                                Participant

Cheers for the good wishes. I’m on my fifth and last week of the pain management program. It’s been hugely beneficial, involving Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Psychology. A really helpful insight and journey into managing life with chronic pain. If you or your loved one suffer chronic pain and are struggling to manage, I would definitely recommend enquiring into a referral to a P.M.P. I feel its definitely added some much needed tools to my survival kit.

Macca
                                  Participant

As for Subaru. I’ve been in dialogue with Burns Garages of Congleton for a while now, keeping the faith that one day I would get to visit the dealership and move things on, as they are a family run operation, with a big reputation for customer service.

They have very helpfully agreed that I can take a Forester out for a couple of hours next Tuesday.

I’m hugely looking forward to that now.

Those six stars are slowly now beginning to align guys ✨️

Macca
                                    Participant

First thing to do Kezo, it put your backside in the driving seat and see what you make of it. If it works for you then fill yer boots 😉

kezo
                                      Participant

First thing to do Kezo, it put your backside in the driving seat and see what you make of it. If it works for you then fill yer boots 😉

I got fed up of waiting mate, so ordered the facelift Tucson PHEV 🤣

Macca
                                        Participant

Haha, yeah good looking motor the Tucson. We’ve had a couple of Hyundai SUV’s, and they were very good.

Enjoy 👊

Volts
                                          Participant

As for Subaru. I’ve been in dialogue with Burns Garages of Congleton for a while now, keeping the faith that one day I would get to visit the dealership and move things on, as they are a family run operation, with a big reputation for customer service. They have very helpfully agreed that I can take a Forester out for a couple of hours next Tuesday. I’m hugely looking forward to that now. Those six stars are slowly now beginning to align guys ✨

Not far from Congleton. Thanks for the tip, may pay them a visit

Macca
                                            Participant

Neil is is the guy to speak to there 👍

Participant

And we have lift off 👊😎

Woohoo!!!!!

I’d started to have dreams about it never happening!

kezo
                                                Participant

As for Subaru. I’ve been in dialogue with Burns Garages of Congleton for a while now, keeping the faith that one day I would get to visit the dealership and move things on, as they are a family run operation, with a big reputation for customer service. They have very helpfully agreed that I can take a Forester out for a couple of hours next Tuesday. I’m hugely looking forward to that now. Those six stars are slowly now beginning to align guys ✨

Not far from Congleton. Thanks for the tip, may pay them a visit

Close to my homeland to!

Volts
                                                  Participant

Motability website has the Outback as a medium SUV. Surely a Estate first ?

Macca
                                                    Participant

Yeah having checked out an Outback previously, I’d say it’s a slightly raised estate. Great load capacity and very nice inside, but I personally don’t see it as an SUV.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 148 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.