Subaru rejoin the scheme

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Macca
    Participant

Nice read Willis, just as you found it. I’ll check it out too in time 👍

Macca
      Participant

Really encouraging to read how well it handled on the rough, and wet grass surfaces Willis.

Did you happen to glance at the fuel computer, what kind of mpg was it running at?

Participant

Really encouraging to read how well it handled on the rough, and wet grass surfaces Willis. Did you happen to glance at the fuel computer, what kind of mpg was it running at?

The Forester surprised me at just how good it was on rough ground/wet grass, even though I was expecting it to do well. I probably did it an injustice by not emphasising just how wet parts of the field really were.  I should have mentioned that I called in at the car wash on the way back to the garage as I would have been embarrassed to take the vehicle back with filthy wheels and big splashes of mud inside the wheel arches.

As for the mileage, I got 31mpg over the thirty four miles and two hours and whilst some of that was motorway, most of it was around town or country lanes, but some was also messing around in a wet field.

Macca
          Participant

We came so close to leasing a Forester the last time they joined the scheme, but crazily backed away at the last minute and opted for a different car.

Always regretted that.

It’s come full circle now, so we need to get in the groove. Had some good dialogue with the dealer, so just waiting on the go live to get some time with it.

Really good to be hearing your thoughts though Willis, cheers for that. 👏

Participant

No worries Macca. I might just end up joining you in taking up one too. The more I reflect on the test drive the more positives I see and the smaller the negatives get.

Macca
              Participant

What model / colour grabs your interest ?

Participant

I prefer the 2.0i xe premium. I looked at the sport version but wasn’t keen on the colour flashes all over the vehicle.

Colour is a difficult one as charts or computer images are not always great representations. The one I test drove was magnetite grey metallic and looked nice but I would like to have a look at the horizon blue pearl and the autumn green metallic before making a decision.

What model and colour are you leaning towards?

Macca
                  Participant

There’s aspects of the Sport which appeal such as the dark headlining but ultimately I don’t like all black wheels.

I’m interested in the Premium in Horizon Blue …

Macca
                    Participant

So having checked in with the Subaru dealer redently, the delay in them going live on the scheme is down to the dealer network having to undertake motability training. Clearly Motability need the confidence that dealers will be able to capably deal with us and process orders correctly.

Still loving the Forester in Horizon Blue Pearl …

Good thing is, I’m told that although UK bound Subarus are built in Japan, they have a UK compound stock to pull from. So if the model, spec and colour of interest is held in the compound, then delivery could be turned around in just 2 to 3 weeks.

Participant

I was starting to wonder what the delay was with them coming onto the scheme so it’s good to hear what your dealer has said Macca. The longer the wait though, the more I am leaning towards the Forester. I must have read about ten different reviews about them now!

Macca
                        Participant

The dealer I was talking to Willis told me their last training session is on the 12th, so I suspect the Subaru go live is imminent.

Batfastard
                          Participant

Lovely motor. My only fear is the CVT gearbox. Had one in a Qashqai and hated it. Always sounded like clutch slipping.

Macca
                            Participant

I guess you just have to test it in the flesh and see how Subaru use the engineering in their machine.

I test drove a Forester when they were last on the scheme (but cleverly opted for something else at the time, … duh !!), but I do remember it being a lovely drive even back then.

Batfastard
                              Participant

Fair point Macca. The Qashqai was about ten years ago. Hopefully things have improved since

Participant

The one I test drove a couple of weeks ago had a pretty quiet gearbox, although it did tend to stay in lower gears just a touch too long but I found that a quick paddle on the accelerator could encourage the gearbox to change sooner than it might if I just kept the pedal down. I would by no means describe myself as a motoring expert but over the years I can say I have driven a pretty extensive range of both manual and automatic vehicles and the Suburu gearbox didn’t stand out as one of the noisy ones.

Macca
                                  Participant

So I was informed today that Subaru want at least 75% of their dealerships motability accredited before they go live on the scheme.

Can’t be far off that now, the dealer I’ve been talking to is accredited now ….

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/localservices/Mobility-Equipment-Store/Motability-Scheme-at-Burns-Garages-Subaru-Cheshire/1032421323

Macca
                                    Participant

Come on team Subaru, keeping me waiting for this illusive machine ….

Participant

They have changed their minds! 🙁

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Avatar photoWillis.
                                        Macca
                                        Participant

Nah, there are more dealers showing as mota accredited, and begining to publish pricing on their websites.

They may just wait for Q2 now ? 🤔

Participant

I think you are right. My local dealer hasn’t put anything on their website yet but are sending emails out to existing Motability customers (They sell two other brands already on Motability) with teasers about some exciting news coming in April.

Participant

It seems like some dealers have jumped the gun and even beaten Motability to it!

Subaru | Pentraeth Group

Not sure if the link will work but Pentraeth are advertising the full range from Suburu as now available on Motability.

Participant
                                                Macca
                                                Participant

Funny how they advertise the “full” range of Subaru models, then only the Forester and Outback are priced.

DJP
                                                  Participant

They are not on the motability web site yet

Macca
                                                    Participant

I was hopeful that team Subaru would make an appearance today, but I’m told that a few dealerships are still completing training.

And so I guess patience is the key.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.