Shaun Murphy unhappy about amateurs competing in UK Open

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169961 Reply
    ajn

🤣 So Shaun wants to sit back not filling pockets on the table, but happily filling the pockets in his pants and bank account…🤢

Get over yourself Murphy, if you’ve lost form, it’s your fault…

Maybe a couple of new players coming through is what the sport needs..

Some of these players are brilliant, thrilling to watch, however same players just making up numbers can just become routine…

Maybe there’s no space for another commentator yet…

🥢🏆⚪️🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵🟠⚫️

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170872 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Very close. Wouldn’t like to predict a winner.

#170882 Reply
    ajn

Wow what a fantastic performance from Luca Brecel, last frame was excellent in fact his whole performance has been…

👍👏

#170885 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Meneer Brecel did very well. Whoever he meets in the final will have to be very good indeed. Much as I support Mr Hawkins, I’d really like to see Luca win this.

#170901 Reply
    ajn

Not sure what happened to Hawkins game plan, seemed strange, Zhao played well though..

Should be a great final, and we wanted to see some new faces for a change ..

#170909 Reply
    ajn

Well the day of the final is here Tharg, Mike (if you’re still about Mike), hoping to watch it all, must say it’s been great timing for me as a healing/recovery as I’m just getting over my stitched hand, and injured ribs…

Just like to thanks both for the time given and interest throughout the tournament…

⚪️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️

#170914 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Really anticipating a good match. Well, so long as Brecel keeps his wits about him. Mr Zhao is quite a phenomenon – as poor Barry found out yesterday.

#170944 Reply
    ajn

#170959 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Quite a match! One of the best on telly for quite a while. Both played very good snooker but Zhao had the edge. Hope Luca doesn’t take it to heart. We’ve now got the Scottish tournament, which for some weird reason is held in Wales. Haven’t looked at runners and riders for this yet. Know Ronnie is involved. Interested to know whether last night’s pair will play. Will Google it shortly.

#170960 Reply
    ajn

Yes enjoyed the final Tharg, Zhao just seems to rack up frames in no time..

Excellent player, also very impressed at Brecel too👍..

One thing that did catch my attention, was the lack of masks in the crowd, lots of coughing, and other things (not sure if you heard 😳)  yet very few masks..

I’ve always fancied getting some tickets when Snooker comes to town, but that was when things were safer, even signed up with the above, but won’t be going anytime soon..

#170964 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Much as a live match appeals, I just cannot try it. Medical condition(s) mean I couldn’t sit immobile in audience for more than some 15mins. Not happy in crowds either. Reckon you see it better on telly anyway. And, yes, did notice the lack of masks. Not good idea, methinks.

#170979 Reply
    ajn

Yes you’re right there Tharg, best possible safest seats available👍..

A few years ago I signed up for the Snooker ticket sales thingamajig, back then I had no disabling problems, no COVID, masks & so on, anyway My Daughter was going to get snooker tickets for a pressie type idea..

However never got around to it for whatever reason, so I guess they kept my details and keep sending emails, but NO WAY would I be going now, it’s just not going to happen..

Also usually this time of year we’re booking the   Old he’s behind you tickets too,   always have, but no not anymore 😑..

#170980 Reply
    ajn

🤣🤣🤣just a thought Tharg imagine Ronnie😡😦😡, with us shuffling around, getting up and fidgeting about..🤫

😳😡

#170988 Reply
    ajn

Quiet Please    Sit Down please

Settle Down please

yeah right, we can’t lol

#171025 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. If the wonderful Michaela Strachan was still refereeing, we would  likely be on the receiving end of her crowd-control classics: “One more peep out of you and you are OUT of here, pal!”

#171034 Reply
    ajn

👍😀

#171148 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

O’Sullivan doing well at the Scottish Open. Just romping away, winning two today with very little effort. Brecel through too, although Joe Perry lost that match, Luca didn’t win it. Looking forward to seeing Zhao again. Wonder if he can show the same championship standards in another tournament.

#171152 Reply
    ajn

That’s great Tharg….. but I seemed to have ruffled a few feathers on here🤔.

I noticed  a  post that seemed to unsettle you earlier,  (I guess you know the one).

I’d hate to think its because a few posts or threads we’ve shared that I’ve enjoyed, resulted in have ago at you…

I use various other forums of interest they become habit forming, a go to place in quiet times, for interests or info, you fit here, I don’t  I’ll be taking more of a back seat put my efforts elsewhere, where I don’t get banned & never have been🥴, where being able to sign in is accepted 🤣😂..

Hopefully I cheered you up along the way, as you did for me…👍..

🌻🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸,

🌞🌦🌨⛈💨❄️☃️

🍎🍏🍐🍐🍐tilly🍓🍒🍅

🍲🍰🧁,🍟🥗🌮🍲,

🎹🎼🎻🎤🥁🎸🎺,

🪚🪓🛠,

🐕🦴🦮🦴🐶🦴

⚪️🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵🟠⚫️ 👍

#171158 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dear ajn. Nothing you have posted has upset me. In fact, if we are talking about the subject of death-rate figures which I raised elsewhere, we are singing from the same carol-book. My issue was with another member who seemed to be posting stuff simply to cause an argument. That’s why I dropped out of that subject. A moderator described said member as *one who could start an argument in a closed room”.

So, please, do not stop posting here – who the hell else is going to talk to me about snooker?

#171168 Reply
    ajn

I’m sorry @Tharg I’m done mate, can’t be seeing such nonsense here..

It’s full it on here..

Its been a pleasure though 👍

#171497 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Warmest congrats to Luca Brecel for his win at the Scottish Open. Marvellous to see a European player doing well at last. What’s more he is a perfect gent and plays like one. Well done, mate. They will be breaking out the very special Belgian beers when you get home.

#171570 Reply
    ajn

#171583 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, that is a serious coffee (or chocolate?). Reminds me I’ve run out of spray cream! Must put right.

Well, Mr Zhao didn’t do very well last night. Maybe too many karaoke nights celebrating the last win. Be interested to see  how Brecel gets on tomorrow.

#171668 Reply
    ajn

#171677 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Be interesting to see if we get a Good Ronnie or a Bad Ronnie on the table today.

#171738 Reply
    ajn

⚪️🔴⚫️⚪️🥴

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
Reply To: Shaun Murphy unhappy about amateurs competing in UK Open
Your information: