Shaun Murphy unhappy about amateurs competing in UK Open

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169961 Reply
    ajn

🤣 So Shaun wants to sit back not filling pockets on the table, but happily filling the pockets in his pants and bank account…🤢

Get over yourself Murphy, if you’ve lost form, it’s your fault…

Maybe a couple of new players coming through is what the sport needs..

Some of these players are brilliant, thrilling to watch, however same players just making up numbers can just become routine…

Maybe there’s no space for another commentator yet…

🥢🏆⚪️🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵🟠⚫️

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170474 Reply
    ajn

Great stuff, seems you’ve got a pleasent afternoon ahead Tharg, I’ll try  catch up later hopefully when I get back..

Enjoy your afternoons viewing 👍

#170475 Reply
    ajn

🤣😂🤣

#170476 Reply
    ajn

Go on Dom lol

#170495 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Another Dale-ism this afternoon:
    Dom: “D’you know that, from my flat window, I can see the chimneys of the factory where they make the baize for these tables?”
    Doom’s mate: “Wow, Dom. Your summer evenings must be endless fun!”

#170538 Reply
    ajn

Magill played well last night, seems he never enjoys it though, he’s very 😮‍💨😠😔😖 when I’ve watched him, maybe so deep in concentration…

Great game congratulations on the win, best of luck going forward…

⚪️🔴🟤     😑

#170539 Reply
    ajn

Dom has a great sense of humour Tharg, even though sometimes he don’t realise it himself sometimes…

#170564 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

So agree about Dom’s sense of humour. A fascinating character all round… lived in Vienna for a while and, according to some sources, is a professional opera singer albeit only once in a while.

#170608 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Old timer Hamilton out, really had a hard time today, I wanted him to do well, However The Brecel played excellent today..</p>

#170628 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Agreed. Sorry to lose Hamilton but Brecel is well entertaining. Likewise Lisowski who got through on table 2. Looking forward to tonight. Probably watch Dave Gilbert v Andy Hicks in the hope that “poor” Dave is on form. All to be watched while scoffing cottage pie. Felt like some comfort food. 😋

#170641 Reply
    Mike

Seek out the youtube video of Brecel making a very nonchalant 147 on his practice table at 13yrs old. The guy is pure talent.

Brecel & Lisowski are so great to watch and are the future of the game…….as long as Brecel reduces his bridge length and Lisowski starts believing in himself more. Poor Lisowski seems to have imposter syndrome and just can’t shake it off. It’s the only thing stopping him getting to regular semis & finals stages.

#170653 Reply
    ajn

Thanks Mike I will do exactly what you mentioned, I think Gilbert lost last night,I fell asleep I’m sure Tharg will update later on results..

Barry Hawkins went through, beating Selt…

⚪️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️

#170654 Reply
    ajn

#170655 Reply
    ajn

Amazing 👏🏻👏👏👏🏼👏🏾

also he replaced the balls staying totally focused, and he’s just a lad too..

#170668 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Morning, Potting People. Yup, Poor Dave lost. Went to a decider though. Like you, ajn, my need for sleep overcame the need for snooker! 😴

So agree, @Mike about the promise of Brecel and Lisowski. The latter does seem to suffer from “imposter” syndrome. This often shows itself as “closers’  condition”. He’ll romp a frame up to just short of frame-ball and then become incapable of potting a ball or making the white go anywhere near where he needs it.

#170674 Reply
    ajn

Do they simply just use the phrase,

getting over the line in snooker..

this imposter syndrome is a described as a mental illness (admit I looked it up)… surely if you interviewed most top players they would all admit to getting the wobbles, or is it never ever getting passed the winning line due to self doubt..

It’s just I’ve never heard of this before, but have heard mentioned struggling to get over the line/or last frame

#170676 Reply
    ajn

I really do find myself urging Dave Gilbert to win when ever I watch him playing..

#170683 Reply
    ajn

Jumped in there😬, Good Morning back Tharg..

#170698 Reply
    ajn

#170726 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“Getting over the line” seems common enough in Snooker. I admit I’d never heard of imposter syndrome as a health condition. Just thought Mike had made it up to describe what happens in the game when relative newcomers have to play against their boyhood heroes.

O’Sullivan struggling a bit and getting grumpy too. Little Luca doing well against Nancy, albeit in rather ponderous scrappy frames.

#170738 Reply
    ajn

Thanks for clearing that up Tharg, enjoyed the match today, great viewing, did you watch the snooker this afternoon Mike..

That video of Luca as a lad, great stuff..

#170748 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, we definitely got the bad Ronnie this afternoon. He should have won, IF he could have stopped grumbling and being bad-tempered about everything. Luca did well. Looking forward to watching Jack L tonight.

#170753 Reply
    ajn

Well Jack Lisowski, I’ve never really watch much of him, however its as if there’s a bit of Ronnie, Alex the hurricane with a dash of the retro grinder Thorburn going on in his style of play…

Im enjoying watching him play, usually I’d be watching Barry Hawkins  but not tonight..

#170760 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Know what you mean, ajn. A pity that all of those greats you mention were not on call tonight. Mr Zhao showed signs of good talent but I reckon it is more accurate to say that Jack lost that match, Zhao didn’t win it. Now watching Hawkins solidly and slowly demolishing Hicks.

#170826 Reply
    ajn

Hopefully home in time for the snooker 🙄

#170856 Reply
    ajn

Sorted home in time, great start from both players 👍

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
Reply To: Shaun Murphy unhappy about amateurs competing in UK Open
Your information: