Possible AP price rises Q4

• This topic has 45 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Chris.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #124342 Reply
    Des

Had a call from my Peugeot dealer yesterday as I’m due a pick a new broom broom.
    She told me of big AP price hikes in Q4 across the Peugeot range. Now she is a friend of a friend and I have no reason to doubt her. I also spoke to my friend who works in the same dealership and he has no reason to doubt her either, as he says she’s doing very well and would not need to start phoning people up to try and shift a few vehicles.

So just putting it out their for folk to take what they want from it.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124343 Reply
    Menorca Mike

We shall see October 1st

#124344 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Probably because they’re releasing the new models of the 3008/5008, when the 3008/5008 first came out they were really high, they’ve since lowered

#124346 Reply
    Chris

Menorca Mike, absolutely,

#124352 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

To be fair, it sounds like the saleswoman was doing what Motability asked in the memo they sent to dealers (re @wmcforum ‘s post)

Motability Warning of Q4 price increases

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#124358 Reply
    Harry

I mean its the 20th of the month surely dealers will of got wind by now of next quarter prices? Im sure they would of been finalised quite a while ago.

#124376 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I’m not having test drives till after October 1st then I know prices I will pay to order December for March pick up next year ! Will we know any new prices before October 1st I wonder ?

#124381 Reply
    Nanas Rob

I’m in the same boat, Mike. I cant order until Late November, and I’m concerned that the car I want will either be removed, or gone up in price.

I have just come off the phone to Motability who in this instance won’t budge on allowing me to order early. Understandable, but a shame anyway. She said that because I was so close to the end of the lease, they wouldn’t be able to do anything.

I was looking at a BMW i3s which seems to have been on the scheme for a while now and gradually reduced in price, so I hope things don’t change!

#124390 Reply
    Harry

I always get excited this time of year, ive already been around the garages looking at cars and getting giddy… Now though im just dreading the new figures as i cannot afford 2k or 3k advanced payments and i really dont want a car i dont like. It really is a horrible situation.

#124395 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I’m very excited can’t wait for October 1st

#124399 Reply
    Chris

I’m excited too be nice if the Q3 comes back on, or a few more Alfa options Q2 Alfa had a few cars to choose from, Q3, they only have a Hatchback

#124400 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Chris would the Alfa be reliable ? I know they had a bad name years ago but always looked nice

#124404 Reply
    Chris

Hi Mike, I used to have a 147 that was privately owned. It was lovely to look at and really nice to drive, plus inside was lovely too. (It was second hand I had it 18 months and sold it on issue free)

Would I buy one without a warranty no. But i’d take one in a heartbeat under motabilty with its service/warranty policy.

There is a new small suv just came out for Alfa, I’m hoping it pops on in October. Google the new suv range. Very good looking cars

#124405 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I agree Chris theTonale looks fab

#124406 Reply
    Menorca Mike

#124407 Reply
    Menorca Mike

#124408 Reply
    Chris

If you search 2021 possible motability car’s this suv is sugested it may come on to the scheme

#124409 Reply
    Matthew

Loving the look of the alfa

#124417 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

“The original plan was to use the platform found in Jeep’s Compass and Renegade, but with FCA now in the process of being merged with PSA Group, the Tonale is expected to use PSA’s CMP platform found in vehicles like the DS 3 Crossback and Opel Corsa sold overseas. The platform supports battery-electric power so a Tonale EV is a possibility. A plug-in hybrid option is also expected.”

#124419 Reply
    des

I could have ordered 3 weeks ago, don’t know what to do tbh. Would love the tiguan R-Line Tech but my last car was near 3k ap and don’t really want to pay over 1k this time tbh.

The mg hs exclusive was top of my list but the reports of problems with it are putting me off.

Seriously thinking about extending for another year and hope the PHEVs come down in price as I’m only getting 32mpg from the Peugeot.

#124420 Reply
    Chris

I had the tiguan rline tech 4 motion 190bhp. It was awesome. I paid £3600 in Q3 last year. (Got stolen)

I’m sure it was less than 2k in Q2 this year, but its back up to £3k in Q3, 2 wheel drive 150bhp.

but there is a ‘Face lift’ model  thats just come out, so the Tiguan is stock only atm.

#124423 Reply
    Moreton5

The 4motion tiguan rline 190 has never been on the scheme? How did you manage to get that?

#124435 Reply
    Chris

Trust me it has and it was on there! I had one.

I love people like you that knows it all 😉

I paid £3600 for 190bhp 4motion Rline Tech in white.

#124436 Reply
    Chris

TigTrust me it has and it was on there! I had one.

I love people like you that knows it all 😉

I paid £3600 for 190bhp 4motion Rline Tech in white.

#124437 Reply
    Chris

Moreton zoom in on badge!

🤥😉

#124445 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Yup.

It was only available for a couple of weeks in 2019 and caused a bit of a stir.

Chris was one of the lucky ones. Was it not suitable, Chris?

VW Tiguan R line tech

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Possible AP price rises Q4
Your information: