Motability Warning of Q4 price increases

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123613 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

FROM MOTABILITY TO DEALERSHIPS:

Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, many customers received an automatic lease extension to give them peace of mind and continuous mobility.

Now that dealerships have reopened, it’s a good time to reach out to eligible customers and encourage them to renew before 1 October.
    Remind customers that they don’t need to wait until the end of the lease extension period to renew.

Prices may increase in Quarter 4
    We’re advising customers to act quickly to protect against potential price rises due to disrupted supply chains and a challenging marketplace.

Our price guarantee means the customer pays the price stated on the day the application is submitted, no matter when the vehicle is delivered.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123615 Reply
    Harry

The quarter im due to upgrade, Just great 🙁

#123616 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I’ve had my contract cancelled due to a fault on our car that couldn’t be fixed, thankfully I’ll be getting my full AP back and because of covid there is no time limit for us to order a new one, looks like I’ll be missing q4 unless there’s dealer ap discounts

#123617 Reply
    John Newton

I have a feeling I’ve dodged a bullit I have a Mercedes B200 on order with an AP of £2349 I expect that go up even more so after reading above.

#123619 Reply
    Craig T

Is your order still going ahead John?

#123623 Reply
    JS

interesting.

#123624 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Also Wmcforum, just wanted to say I saw your comments on the main website in regards to currently being a 24/7 carer, please ignore those comments about the website not being as good as before, you’ve done / doing an amazing job you’ve helped many many people, so just wanted to say thanks, have a good weekend

#123626 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Also Wmcforum, just wanted to say I saw your comments on the main website in regards to currently being a 24/7 carer, please ignore those comments about the website not being as good as before, you’ve done / doing an amazing job you’ve helped many many people, so just wanted to say thanks, have a good weekend

Thank you, the last six months have been exhausting, as they have for many. My son restarted school yesterday and I have a few things to tidy up and I will be back full time on Monday.

#123629 Reply
    simpleman

My lease will end on the 23/10. I will be handing the car back. The prices for anything decent make it unreasonable for me. Ive not used the car for 6 months and its been sitting outside the house.  I do have access to another car should i need it. I may well rejoin the scheme after the Covid period is over if ever.

#123630 Reply
    JS

here here, well said thesuvguy

we can order Q4 but i feel that unless something really catches me i think we may be extending

#123631 Reply
    Moreton5

I just want the 190ps tarraco back, any idea why it was taken off?

#123634 Reply
    John Newton

Hi @Craig T T yes still going ahead but not on my exchange date, I’m not going to cancel because it was a struggle to settle on the Mercedes, at least I’m not the only one waiting.

#123663 Reply
    Craig T

Hope you get yours soon John. I’m hopeful of getting my B Class Premium sometime at the end of November.

#123664 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

No doubt this is the way APs will be heading for a while yet,

not really a surprise, I can see us extending ours too, that is if I decide to stay on the scheme.

or I may take a break and see how we get on without a car and then return at some point if things don’t work out.

#123722 Reply
    Matt B

Collected our new Allspace today and salesman confirmed a definite AP increase next month. Sorry to those it will effect 😔

#123728 Reply
    GizmoMac

Hi Matt B, Did you not have any issues collecting your new Allspace at the weekend?

The last few collections I have had (not this time), I was told I had to collect on a weekday in case there were any issues and they needed to call Motability which could not be done at the weekend.

#123730 Reply
    Matt B

Hi GizmoMac,

We had no problems at all, if anything they could not do enough for us. Today was planned for a few weeks then, my daughter showed cv19 symptoms on Tuesday which meant we had to isolate until we got her test results. The results were due between 48hrs – 5 days which meant we may not be in a position to handover until potentially Tuesday 15th. Carl, our salesperson had our handover process on hold agreeing to handover at 3pm any day (Inc. Sunday!) as long as we could confirm a negative covid test by 10am the same day. Her negative result came thru at 8am this morning which meant, after all the phone calls and temp plans made, we completed handover today anyway! He and the VW Inchcape dealership were fabulous!!

#123815 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Must admit glad I’m not due to change until ’22. Hopefully it might have all settled down a bit by then. Not taking that for granted though!!

#123861 Reply
    ams_sxi
    Participant

Went to VW dealer yesterday and they expect the AP prices to go down in October

#123862 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Well said I do too forget the gloom on here I can’t wait to see the October price list

#124039 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

On purpose, I’ve not posted on this thread yet. Reason being, I’m reading so many conflicting reports in the auto media where manufacturer bigwigs, et al are giving opinions that are poles apart. Some are saying prices are being driven up due to supply issues whilst others are saying there are huge discounts to be had due to a down spike in purchases due to the uncertain markets (jobs and industry).
    The top and bottom for us here regarding Motability, I guess, is that the warning is setting the scene for what we’ll see on October 1st.
    Added to this, the huge reductions in available cars that we are seeing, adds to the comment above, in that it looks like Motability customers are going to suffer however you look at it with reduced choices and predicted higher AP’s.

So my question, which no one can really answer, is, are we about to enter a period of drought on cars with high AP’s on what’s available? I’m certainly not trying to be pessimistic but the evidence suggests it.

Good on @wmcforum and thank you for posting the warning.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#124054 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

All information regarding Motability is pointing towards smaller choice, lower numbers, lesser specs and large increases in advance payments.

While not wanting to promote doom and gloom with that outlook I also think burying your head in the sand and looking at just the positive points while ignoring the negative is more detrimental in the long run.

I am not trying to upset anybody I just tend to live in the real world and base judgements once all facts are available.

#124086 Reply
    Anthony

@BionicRusty I agree, all I see are conflicting reports too. Is the original post a copy of some sort of internal memo? I called in to see our Skoda dealer today and he hadn’t seen this communication, or anything similar.

Whilst really appreciating the scheme, when it comes to car replacement time we dread the gamble of whether to order now or wait for the next list. Do we hold out for that new car that would suit our needs perfectly to come on to the list (the new Golf estate Alltrack in our case), and risk the AP rising on other options? It’s like a game of play your cards right!

#124149 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

We were on a drive last week and I said to my wife that we would be looking for a replacement for our S-Max in 6-7 months time, she said she wants to keep the one we have as she loves it, her favourite car ever.

May need to see if we can extend the lease, but its at 40,000 miles already. I think extending would be best until the whole Covid/Brexit thing is well and truly done & we have settled down to whatever passes for normality again. Sadly the 190hp S-Max is no longer on the scheme, like so many cars the top end of the range has slipped out of reach of the scheme or the manufacturers have deleted them to save a few grams on their emissions totals for the new EU fines/WLTP test costs.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#124267 Reply
    Ennia

I’ve been panicking at price of AP going up in Q4 but just been told by Nissan that qashqai are going down by £100 in Q4. Torn now as considering BMW X1 too and afraid it’ll either disappear or go even higher.

#124268 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Ennia x1 could disappear temp or become stock only as it’s getting a facelift

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Motability Warning of Q4 price increases
Your information: