My Ohme has a new hat

• Creator
    Topic
    Ele
    Participant

I have simply come up with the idea and recycled the lid from my old broken kitchen recycle bin

It may help to keep the worse of the rain off

In any event will do no harm

A protype so dont judge lol

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Ele.
    Viewing 4 replies - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ele
      Participant

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315131568264

twice the price on Amazon

If sold out then check back in 24hrs as they make a few as they go by the looks of things

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Ele.
        TomThumb
        Participant

@kezo Checked it again just after 00:30 still 6kW App load limit is set at 60A, Max charge is set at 32A, I have an 80A fuse fitted by the DNO

Max Charge 32A Load limit 80A Ohme will adjust is for you if you contact, with the serial number requesting the load limit is adjusted 60 to 80A. Its an installer mistake for not setting up commissioning the charger. The E-Pod requires the installers app if you want to have ago 🙂

@kezo
          I know yr da man to ask. Just come across this thread.

I’ve had my ePod installed just last week & my Ohme app is reporting the same as Phaedra.

load limit  60A – max charge 32A – & national grid dropped in a 80A fuse the day before the charger was installed.

Are these not the optimal settings?

on a side note, national grid didn’t replace the seal on the cut-out after replacing the new fuse! is this going to cause issues at a later date?

Tia

Tom…

kezo
          Participant

@kezo I know yr da man to ask. Just come across this thread. I’ve had my ePod installed just last week & my Ohme app is reporting the same as Phaedra. load limit  60A – max charge 32A – & national grid dropped in a 80A fuse the day before the charger was installed. Are these not the optimal settings? on a side note, national grid didn’t replace the seal on the cut-out after replacing the new fuse! is this going to cause issues at a later date? Tia Tom…

By default installers must assume that the cut-out fuse is rated at 60A, (not what it says on the fuse carrier, which states the maimum fuse size of the carrierand not the fuse inside) if the service head is 1940’s onwards and in good condition. Providing the installer maximum demand calculation is not >60A installation of the charger can go ahead without contacting the DNO for a cut-out fuse upgrade.

Where the cut-out fuse size is known, the load limit should be set to match that of the cut-out fuse rating, which in your case is 80A. However installers often forget or couldn’t be bothered to go int the chargers menu to change it!

When Ohme carried out the maximum demand calculation, it was deemed appropiate for an 80A fuse needed to be fitted. There is a simple method to calculating maximum demand based on the 18th edition wiring regs onsit guide. To do this take 100% of the largest rated MCB in your consumer unit, then add all the other MCB sizes together and find 40% of the total, you then add this number to the largest MCB rating to get your maximum demand.

Does it matter all depends on what apliances you are using at the same time as charging your car. If you get near to the set 60A load limit, the charger will throttle and slow down the speed in which it is charging your car untill household load decreases and the charger then speeds back up to maximum charge. However, if the load limit was set to 80A this would not happen, as its at optimal settings  🙂

TomThumb
            Participant

Much appreciated @kezo, I’ll go down the same route as others & drop Ohme an email asking for the 80A profile on the charger.

Cheers

edit: apologies for the thread hijack but result👍

ePod remotely configured to 80A.

Tom…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by TomThumb.
            Viewing 4 replies - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.