My Ohme has a new hat

• Creator
    Topic
    Ele
    Participant

I have simply come up with the idea and recycled the lid from my old broken kitchen recycle bin

It may help to keep the worse of the rain off

In any event will do no harm

A protype so dont judge lol

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Ele.
    Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Exactly what I had already posted as it happened to me Phaedra noticed much quicker than I did Also to add App in settings still not showing anything for load balancing just says No Also CT Clamp reading showing 0A Seen other peoples screenshots and there ones show different But charger still working Ok cant help wondering that leaving Easee Equalizer box in place is having something to do with that along with a unatached dangling CT clamp

Your CT clamp won’t, because the installer forgotto connect it ?

just clip it back on 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
        kezo
        Participant

@bogzaf

Alot depends on who Ohme arrange the install ProEV, Virtue etc and how busy their contractors are.

Give it a few days 🙂

Ele
          Participant

Exactly what I had already posted as it happened to me Phaedra noticed much quicker than I did Also to add App in settings still not showing anything for load balancing just says No Also CT Clamp reading showing 0A Seen other peoples screenshots and there ones show different But charger still working Ok cant help wondering that leaving Easee Equalizer box in place is having something to do with that along with a unatached dangling CT clamp

Your CT clamp won’t, because the installer forgotto connect it ? just clip it back on ?

I did clip in on but it changed nothing on app

Think I heard ( not positive) that clamp only needed for solar users

Works ok as it is tho

Ele
            Participant

Phaedra

I see you now have your charger installed

Could you tell me if a CT Clamp was fitted and if so a pic would be much appreciated.

My App is not showing much info

Thank you

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Ele.
              Phaedra
              Participant

Hi Ele  🙂

Yes a CT clamp is fitted,

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Ele
                Participant

Cheers is yours a pod or pro thanks

kezo
                  Participant

Your CT clamp won’t, because the installer forgotto connect it ? just clip it back on ?

I did clip in on but it changed nothing on app Think I heard ( not positive) that clamp only needed for solar users Works ok as it is tho

Thinking about it – The charger must be connected to the same WiFi that you want the Equalizer to be connected to, so your fooked because Ohme chargers don’t have WiFi!!

Remove it and place it back where the installer left it ontop of the DNO’s cut-out. Send the picture you took or take another to Ohme, advising that you have just niticed. the installer didn’t connect the CT Clamp, which was part of the Easee charger install and won’t work as it needs to be connected to the same WiFi as the charger, which Ohme chargers don’t have.

It’s a safety feature and is important one is connected, as it monitors total load through the home. The clamp detects if your exceeding the maximum your house is able to handle and will lower the charge rate on your charger. Without one there is no safety net of preventing the cut-out from blowing, which is unlikely but, you don’t want the DNO asking questions.

Ele
                    Participant

Cheers m8 will do

What is the function of the Easee equalizer box thats still active

I think it monitors and balances load but not too sure

All other app functions work other than ct clamp indication and load bal

kezo
                      Participant

Cheers m8 will do What is the function of the Easee equalizer box thats still active I think it monitors and balances load but not too sure All other app functions work other than ct clamp indication and load bal

Basically more fancy CT clamp, which works in the same way as any other but both the CT and charger need to be on the same WiFi network for it to work.

Can you put a pic up f your Ohme displays advanced settings ideally when charging 🙂

kezo
                        Participant

Cheers m8 will do What is the function of the Easee equalizer box thats still active I think it monitors and balances load but not too sure All other app functions work other than ct clamp indication and load bal

Basically more fancy CT clamp, which works in the same way as any other but both the CT and charger need to be on the same WiFi network for it to work. Can you put a pic up f your Ohme displays advanced settings ideally when charging ?

Have a watch at this, its Zappi version but, very similar to the equalizer. Because the Ohme pod doesn’t have WiFi, it has not way of transmitting the data (Amps) from the charger to the receiver. The Harvi is slightly different but the principle is the same.

Phaedra
                          Participant

@Ele

Hi 🙂  Mine is an ePod 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

bogzaf
                            Participant

Can I ask how long after you submitted application for charger you get any respond from ohme ?

Ele
                              Participant

Cheers will call them tomorrow and get them to check my install as its a mess thanks again

Phaedra
                                Participant

@bogzaf

If your question was for me I already answered ,

My Ohme has a new hat

bogzaf
                                  Participant

@bogzaf I think (poor memory!) I got a call a few days after saying they couldn’t install as my cable would be running over “public access”. It took a few emails to show them I was going to be using the KerboCharge gully and it was all perfectly legal. I’ll try and search on here for the post I put up and let you know ? So, had a quick search and after sending off the survey I think it took about 6 weeks to get it sorted and approved. But, that was because of having to get the KerboCharge accepted by them, even though they’d already done installations for other customers using it. They were very quick this morning when I asked them to reset the charger to the correct max load current so I’ll give them that one ?

thank you. !

my husband sent them everything today. We’ll see when they will respond. As I mentioned I have my driveway behind my home and garden. And electric meter is in front so around 25m cable needed plus some post or something to instal charger on it as I have only fence next to the driveway. I’ve asked them how much I will have to pay extra as this is not a standard. Will see when they will respond

Phaedra
                                    Participant

@kezo

Just plugged in to top it up later tonight, while I have it plugged in I did a quick Max Charge check and it’s still says it’s charging at 6kWh in the MySkoda App?

kezo
                                      Participant

@kezo Just plugged in to top it up later tonight, while I have it plugged in I did a quick Max Charge check and it’s still says it’s charging at 6kWh in the MySkoda App?

Can you check what ohme app is aying and update in morning?

Are you using Ohme app to schedule charging or Skoda app?

Phaedra
                                        Participant

@kezo Using the Ohme App.

I just checked and it had my car as an Enyaq iv 80 2023 so re-registered the car and it now says Enyaq 85 2024

Just tried a max charge, Ohme App says Max Charging, CT Clamp changes from 1A to 32A  but MySkoda App still at 6kW

kezo
                                          Participant

@kezo Using the Ohme App. I just checked and it had my car as an Enyaq iv 80 2023 so re-registered the car and it now says Enyaq 85 2024 Just tried a max charge, Ohme App says Max Charging, CT Clamp changes from 1A to 32A but MySkoda App still at 6kW

Skoda app will show whats going into the battery  after any losses – in the circuit, heat and the conversion of AC to DC by the cars onboard charger. However the loss of 1.4kW seems a bit much.

How long does your  CT Clamp reading stay on 1A – Does the charger reduce kW’s output?

In daylight open your meterbox and look at the CT clamp, there will be an arrow on it (you might have to turn the clamp while in situ) is the arrow point up?

The CT will have a small fly lead that connects to 2 wire going to your charger – wiggle them about and see if they are tight.

The CT clamp monitors the total load used at the same time. If it detects you are reaching maximum, your home can handle, the charge rate will drop on your charger.

When your charger is idle not charging the CT will register a small amount rounded to about 1A. What does yours show?

Will your phone record whats on the screen, so we can see whats happening with the reading of charge kW and CT amps for half hour or so.

When you first plug in Ohme/Octopus will estabilsh connection test 5 10 min prior to schedule or charge on demand before actually ramoing up.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
                                            Phaedra
                                            Participant

CT Clamp reads 1A every time I’ve looked at it (except when charging of course!) at the moment I have a 55″ TV, Desktop PC and a large amplifier running, IHD says I’m using 236W so 1A is correct.

I put the kettle on and re-loaded the Ohme App and ith then read 13A so appears to be working ok.

Load balancing is active if that makes any difference.  I don’t have any large current appliances, washing machine, small tumble drier, table top dishwasher, deep fat fryer and a combi microwave.  No electric cooker or shower so no major usage other than the charger.

I’ll have a look at the charger output when it’s charging tonight but from what I remember from looking at the MySkoda App the first night I charged it stays at a steady 6kW.

kezo
                                              Participant

I’ll have a look at the charger output when it’s charging tonight but from what I remember from looking at the MySkoda App the first night I charged it stays at a steady 6kW.

Check the IHD when the charger is running.

Your going to loose 10-15% by the time it gets from the charger into the battery. Your a tad low at 6kW but not massvely 🙂

Phaedra
                                                Participant

Just started charging.

Was 178W @ 5p/Hr

Now 7.69kW @ £2.27/Hr

So certainly looks like there’s 7.5kW being used!

Ohme App says 32A

MySkoda App says 6kW

kezo
                                                  Participant

Just started charging. Was 178W @ 5p/Hr Now 7.69kW @ £2.27/Hr So certainly looks like there’s 7.5kW being used! Ohme App says 32A MySkoda App says 6kW

Sorry for the late reply mate 🙂

As I said yesterday, your going to get some losses – the cars onboard charger is the main culprit converting AC to DC – charging cable loss – heat – weather.

The Skoda app maybe be rounding it off to the nearest whole number – check you cars own display when you next charge, to see if it reads different and let me know.

I would expect 6.5kW this time of year with 8m cable but, there is too many variables to point an exact figure.

I’ll get my calcilator out tomorrow 🙂

Ele
                                                    Participant

New £8.89 hat is on its way

A little more substantial

A pic of same hat that has already been installed

Ele
                                                      Participant

Another newer upgraded Hat 

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.