I wish it was all over!

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Half time Germany 3 Scotland 0.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 155 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

I think there is too much expectation put onto the English team as they are not serial winners but for every tournament the pundits are looking at who they will get in the semi-finals etc.

I think they won the world cup in 1966 i could be wrong as its not as if its brought up every five minutes lol but apart from that, nothing.

Looking at the English Premier league its possibly the best in the world but a large number of the best players are not English. So on paper we could look at these factors and suggest England will win the Euros, the World Cup but even though they have a very good team they’re not the best. That’s not to say they won’t win the euros as on any one day any team can beat any other team but the pundits just need to realise how difficult it is.

Good luck England, to the final, but please don’t win it. 😜

Participant

I agree young Brydo lovely warm sunny day here sausage mash and baked beans soon mmmmmm

Participant

Good luck tonight Brydo a win is needed I will miss the match as driving home from relatives having big barbacue please can you give me a report after the match . A win for England Tuesday evening would be nice even though a draw is enough the tv pundits say ! A gorgeous day sunny blue skys lovely to be in shorts 👍😀

Participant

I really hope that Scotland can pull a big performance out of the hat tonight and go through to the knockout stages on a high. The loss of Kieran Tieney was a big blow but it also gives Clarke a chance to change things around and go for a completely different setup to the team from what we have seen in the first two games. He needs to be brave and go offensive rather than play safe then just hope to score whilst not conceding!

That said, the same sort of advice could be given to Southgate for England, but I do think we will see a different team come out on Tuesday, not just in personal, but in attitude too. I really am convinced that we will see England get a solid win with multiple goals on Tuesday.

4-0 to England!

Brydo
              Participant

Bold prediction Willis but as i said previously too much pressure is not necessarily a good thing. A good confidence building 1-0 win will be fine.

Scotland have never qualified from the group stages and i see no reason to expect this to change. We don’t have a huge pool of talent to pick from and have lost a number of our players to injury before the tournament and during. I agree that if we are to go out we should at least go out playing positive attacking football.

I watched Glasgow Warriors win the United Rugby Championship yesterday and the heart and desire these guys showed was unbelievable. So some of that please and win or lose i will be satisfied.

Jojoe
                Participant

I got a free £1 bet from SkyBet. I’ve used it on the Scotland game. Scotland to win and John McGinn to score anytime.

Brydo
                  Participant

🤞Jojoe

Brydo
                    Participant

Jojoe
                      Participant

Thirty minutes in and it’s all Scotland, but Hungary are starting to find their game. Scotland need to get through this phase without conceding, I’m still confident of a Scotland win!

Jojoe
                        Participant

Unbelievable!

Participant

How the hell was that not a penalty?????

Joke decision!

That said, Scotland just lacked that little bit of quality finishing needed to win. Still gutted though!

Brydo
                            Participant

Another poor performance we git what we deserved,,,,,, nothing.

Participant

I was home for last 10 mins should have been a penalty the Scot’s are out I feel ssorry for the fans as you do get behind the team

Participant

England need to win tonight the following is off my nephew who works for the FA   If win tonight on current standings England would play Austria in the last 16 before providing they win meeting Italy or Switzerland in the quarter final if they win would be Romania Albania Turkey or France or Holland in the semi final !

Participant

If win tonight we play again 5pm Sunday if we don’t top group we play Germany 8pm Saturday

Jojoe
                                    Participant

I’m thinking this is where England start their tournament. 3-0 to England, Foden 2 goals Kane 1.

21.59 edit. I predict a boring nil nil draw! 😂

Participant

I was going sleep but we have won group next match 5pm Sunday

Brydo
                                        Participant

Terrible game tonight but not played well and still topped the group. Let’s see who they get on Sunday.

Participant

It’s Holland at the moment playing Sunday say the bbc but this could change depending on results thank goodness we have missed Germany Saturday

Participant

Another poor performance but we still go through as group winners so maybe I shouldn’t complain.

The one chink of light was the sparkles of hope shown once Palmer and Gordon came onto the pitch. We began to look like we could actually score but there just wasn’t enough time for them to make a proper impact. Hopefully Southgate will have seen what we all did and now includes them in the next game from the start.

On a brighter note, with France slipping up we now seem to have found ourselves in the best side of the draw, avoiding France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. 😃

Jojoe
                                              Participant

They’re just not playing as a team. One stand out point was when Foden passed the ball to Trippier and made a run, Trippier gave the ball away and Foden got frustrated, he was pointing forward saying I wanted the ball passing back. If he’d passed it to a City teammate, they’d instinctively know he was making a run and wanted it back.

This is on Southgate, he’s got to get them playing like a team who know each other, not look like a group of individuals.

Participant

We will know when we go bed tonight who england face Sunday favourites at 66% are Holland

Participant

We will know when we go bed tonight who england face Sunday favourites at 66% are Holland

Looking very like England will be playing Slovakia now, unless Georgia throw away a two goal lead in the next twenty minutes.

Participant

Yes we now play Slovakia Sunday 5pm surely we can beat them ?

wmcforum
                                                      Which Mobility Car

Yes we now play Slovakia Sunday 5pm surely we can beat them ?

Possibly on penalties after two hours of dull, goalless football. Gosh, I do hope I am wrong and we score a hat full.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 155 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.