Coronavirus

This topic contains 563 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  greycar 9 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #111136 Reply

Philjb

Menorca believe me there are just as many thickos all over the country. so just calling Londoners thick is obviously wrong and your letting all the other numpties around the country off by blaming London?

All big cities will have similar stories. I  don’t know anyone personally who doesn’t take this pandemic seriously.

There are massive council estates and most large houses are converted into flats and bed sits with no outside space.
    Then you have the self employed media out on mass trying to sell photos and most people who went out where saying they thought it was fine to exercise in the park? all over the country.
    human behaviour these days is to think if they’re doing it then I’m doing it. Which has led to so many people being seen out at once.

#111138 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Can we leave politics out of this please. The time for debate will come much later when we are finally free of this frightful and fearful pandemic. Until then we need to support our national government by following the guidelines issued regardless of our own political viewpoints. We also need to support each other as much as we can with consideration and kindness on social media. Stay safe everyone.

That is exactly my point Pops (perhaps clumsily put ) using the tragedy as a basis for kicking our Prime Minister & our Government to gain political points, is ‘beyond the pale’ – we should all be joining together to get us and our loved ones out of danger?

#111142 Reply

Philjb

The reason why the police don’t want people sat in the sun is to stop the sheep mentality, pretty soon you’ll have large groups all sunbathing and safe distancing goes out the window.

I saw on the bbc a gent in his late 50’s sat on his own in the sun and an officer asking him politely to move on.
    he wasn’t happy and argued that he had sciatica so needed to sit down. If they allowed it again people would be saying they also have a bad back etc.

If a ban on all outside exercise Does happen then there are going to be a lot of really angry people all kicking off on social media

#111146 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

The exercise issue needs to be resolved very quickly. The vast majority are observing the lockdown and rules but if they see others flouting them might conclude “what’s the point or if you can’t beat them etc”. No doubt a very difficult situation but I think now is the time for action. We are seeing that social distancing seems to be working in other countries. On a different note it’s being suggested China should pay financially for failing to report the virus. There are many stories about this on several mainstream sites. £351b is the sum mentioned for the UK.

#111147 Reply

POPS

A lot of us are lucky enough to have nice gardens, so I’m not going to judge people who genuinely have no outdoor space. The whole population has to be responsible about NOT breaking guidelines otherwise there will be a total ban on ‘going out for exercise’ very soon.

#111148 Reply

bfoandc

I will try and obey the moderators instructions with just one comment. I think supporting each other and following all the rules is what we should be doing but, I don’t think disagreeing about political decisions undermines this but I do accept that people will also differ about that!

I too am shocked by the unwillingness to follow the rules on staying in and keeping social distance. I think though that some system for those families without gardens should be considered.

#111149 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

The exercise issue needs to be resolved very quickly. The vast majority are observing the lockdown and rules but if they see others flouting them might conclude “what’s the point or if you can’t beat them etc”. No doubt a very difficult situation but I think now is the time for action. We are seeing that social distancing seems to be working in other countries. On a different note it’s being suggested China should pay financially for failing to report the virus. There are many stories about this on several mainstream sites. £351b is the sum mentioned for the UK.

I think I read a post the G7 is looking at around 3.2 trillion ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#111150 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

3.2 trillion isn’t enough they caused it and it spread to the world great harm will come to them even when this is over the deserve to suffer in my honest opinion

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#111151 Reply

martino

If we can think of getting anything at all positive out of  the coronavirise, is that everyone know now how to wash there hands properly..

#111152 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

I think that once this is over, this country and many others will be reviewing its relationship and its dependence on China and Chinese products.

#111153 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

You must be joking I can’t believe you said that

#111154 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Sorry I thought you said would still be in a relationship with them

#111155 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I think that once this is over, this country and many others will be reviewing its relationship and its dependence on China and Chinese products.

I totally agree with you.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#111158 Reply

Philjb

I don’t think that will be the case at all, there is far too much money at stake for that to happen.

#111162 Reply

martino

its like getting done for speeding we all take it easy for while in the fear of getting another ticket , then after a bit we’r back to normal.

may be for a while but after sometime passes people forget ,and want a bargain, so will get stuff on ebay from china .

#111164 Reply

Brydo

China is the epicentre of all of these virus. We should encourage them to close the markets that have caused this, and other virus, to appear.

As an absolute minimum they must tell the world as soon as anything happens in the future and close their country down as soon as they know a virus is in the community.

#111165 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Brydo, you’re talking about Communist China here. It is not a normal country where normal rational things occur.  The survival of the Party is far more important than any other consideration.

#111166 Reply

brydo

Yes I agree, but viruses no know boundaries and eventually enter the broader society so it must be in everyone’s interest for them to acknowledge the problem quickly and seek help to close it down.

As an aside I suggest China is now a dictatorship rather than communist although, in the grand scheme of things, they are very similar.

#111167 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

I feel China will have many questions to answer and, financially, has much more to lose.

#111168 Reply

brydo

Questions will need to be asked and procedures put in place to ensure it never happens again.

The world will be a different place after this but will be unrecognisable if this happens again within the next decade.

#111177 Reply

Landyman

I did read it’s expected to return in ten years but I did read that on the Web, false or true time will tell.

#111178 Reply

Brydo

This particular virus is here to stay, but we will likely have a vaccine for it so it will be less of a threat.
    It’s a new, more difficult to detect but equally devastating, virus that would be a problem.

This virus, once caught, seems to take a week or so to show signs it is with you. That’s a week in which many, that come into contact with you, could be infected.

#111198 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

With HM resurrecting ‘we’ll meet again’ , is anyone using FaceTime, or Zoom, or Google Duo to keep in touch with friends and family during ‘ lock down’?

We use FaceTime everyday to family in Denmark, Spain, California, and the U.K. and I use Zoom and Duo a couple of times a week to keep in touch with friends in ‘ group’ meetings/ chats, even voice therapy sessions.

With all of the technology available to us today, self isolation doesn’t mean shutting ourselves off from others.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Mike 700.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Mike 700.
    #111205 Reply

Tharg

Brydo… “Procedures… to make sure it never happens again”. I sincerely hope so but fear it won’t happen. I reckon it will need some pure scientific research. Pure research does not, in the short term, generate profits. It does not immediately lead to a product which can earn revenue. However, it desperately needs to be done here to understand everything about viruses in as much detail as we can get. Only by knowing exactly how they work will be be able to stop them doing it.

#111206 Reply

brydo

It doesn’t happen again in terms of China closing the markets generating these virus and closing down their country as soon as an unknown virus appears.

This has cost every major country in the world billions£ it would be much cheaper to close down the offending country and the major powers contributing to the cost.

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 563 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: