Coronavirus

This topic contains 566 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Tommy 2 days, 16 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 566 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110723 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The good thing is once you have had and recovered from the virus you are then immune and can’t pass it on from your breathing etc but you can still pick it up on things you touch and spread it to others that way, wearing gloves and washing your hands is the way to stay safe even after recovering from the virus.

It will get to a point where there will be a large number of the population who are like this and then hopefully it will start to spell the end of the spread.

#110725 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The window cleaner is still doing his rounds! Is this classed as an essential business, is he a key worker? It’s  handing the cash over when he knocks on the door that I am more worried about.

#110727 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

He doesn’t have to be an essential business or a key worker, wmc. The test is if he can work from home or not…

#110730 Reply

Brydo

Vinalspin unfortunately that appears to be untrue, evidence from South Korea appears to show that you can indeed catch it again with patient’s who had it, getting it again within weeks.

Also evidence shows wearing a mask does help but the need for front line NHS staff to get a constant supply has resulted in the general public being told a mask is of no use.

#110731 Reply

Clipped wings

Agreed Brydo, a nasty and very devious virus. Friend had Dengue fever in Rio. (Same mossie that carries Zika, west Nile etc) first time flu like. Second time ICU. Third time dead. Case in Japan came back after 14 days. Herd immunity policy was as ill conceived as it was callous. Certain karma that it’s architects have caught it.

#110732 Reply

Clipped wings

Further to my gloomy predictions for the airline industry, it is much worse than imagined. BA Gatwick and easy grounded today. An old warhorse was just spotted by my wife on her walk. 747 on its way into Bournemouth Hurn. One of 5 to be parked there. Others in Cardiff and France. Will be an impressive sight when eventually let out. Fleet numbered 57 when I left. A380 s off for a vacation in France. Travel might never be the same as a full recovery unlikely. If we think our APs are expensive, imagine the leasing cost of  $475 million dollar A380. Hurts a bit when parked

#110734 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I’ll see where they park that 747 when it arrives. South perimeter taxiway hasn’t much room left…

#110737 Reply

Clipped wings

Thanks wigwam. Wasn’t that big when doing my training in 1975!

more bad news about transmission.

#110738 Reply

Clipped wings

Ops. Link failed again. In the mail Nebraska scientists. Scary.
    if you can look out another 747 has just passed Bournemouth pier before right turn to land east. Should be with you very soon.

#110739 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

#110740 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Looking at flightradar24, he’s parked up on the old north runway with the Virgin aircraft.

#110742 Reply

Clipped wings

Brilliant. Thanks wigwam. More than a touch of nostalgia

#110743 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

This was last Friday, I believe:

#110746 Reply

rox
    Participant

Vinalspin unfortunately that appears to be untrue, evidence from South Korea appears to show that you can indeed catch it again with patient’s who had it, getting it again within weeks. Also evidence shows wearing a mask does help but the need for front line NHS staff to get a constant supply has resulted in the general public being told a mask is of no use.

So what you saying is they withholding infomation and basically, lieing to the public and imo if they can cover up other stuff and lie for 25 years. Seal reports for 100 years or go to war or knock on your door because of your views or to check your thinking etc and take you to court why not on big stuff too.They can do anything like drop atomic bombs.

The un agenda 21 now 2030 is about sustainability and i reckon the system reset is coming, they need to cause chaos, so they cannot be blamed for it and then offer the solutions so they stay in control.

The new era.

like it’s china’s fault, russia’s fault. Someone’s always to blame but the war mongers or big pharma or the central banks (which are private) who meet at davos with those that matter to discuss the global way forward..

Those elites like branson who want a bailout and ain’t paying his staff, take hols until further notice.

Are these the ppl we trust. those that treat their workers or the disabled and the sick, like us with such a flippant attitude. like finding ppl fit for work or worse taking away the help they need.. causing ppl to end there lives.

Meanwhile the global economy is shutdown virtually. Plus what’s suddenly happened to terrorism they stopped becasue of a virus, alot don’t add up… either way is not much we can do.

They control the flow of food and water and energy, that we depend on, just as well it’s not the air we breathe (was a movie about that as well) but follow we must, those in authority or it will be worse, when the power goes off.. the troops hit the streets and they inact martial law.

we the people are in checkmate right now.. billions are losing jobs all over the globe. That may never work again.. even wild animals are reclaiming the streets and it has only been a week of lockdown.. It cannot happen no… Anything can happen. Thats my mindset if i beleieve it or not don’t matter. it if it’s possible it can happen like what’s happening now..

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  rox.
    #110757 Reply

Clipped wings

Wild animals won’t claim the streets in China. Get eaten, which is where all this started, as did SARS. Once Asked for a translation of an item  on the menu in a Beijing restaurant- monkey penis.

#110759 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Shouldn’t this be on the meal ideas thread?

#110789 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Bloody great Rooster strolling around Morrisons petrol station forecourt this afternoon when I called in to grab a coffee!

#110790 Reply

Brydo

What did it taste like lol

#110804 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hope it was standing 2 metres apart from the other shoppers

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110822 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Which are the best hand sanitiser wipes to buy ? I’m going to my big Tesco 6am in the morning to miss crowds

#110839 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

All our big Tesco shops don’t open until 8am and are at their busiest first thing. Hope you had a successful trip. We picked up a click and collect today. 79 items out of the 80 we ordered so happy and have managed to secure another two spots for the following two weeks.

#110841 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

If you want a hand sanitizer that will actually kill the virus it has to have an alcohol content of at least 60%.

#110844 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Our big Tesco was open 24 hours but now 6am TIL 10pm I’m going early in morning no crowd then and shelves stocked and can park easy

#110845 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

They have changed it now 8am opening

#110856 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Discovered ASDA website doesn’t work with chrome!

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 566 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: