Who's Staying In and Who's Still Going Out -Are You

This topic contains 79 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #109964 Reply

martino

Who’s Staying In and Who’s Still Going Out -Are You

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110942 Reply

joss
    Participant

@chrisk

Couple of things that could be the cause of the extra nocturnal activity.

1. Drug dealer has opened up near by.

2. A brothel has opened on your street.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110948 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Nice one Joss.

We still have a few boy-racer town cruisers that have carried on doing their evening circuits, you can recognise the cars from the dump valve squeak/farting exhausts and the bouncing off the rev limiters.

They hang out in the local Lidl carpark in a mix of tarted up Jap hot hatches & BMW/Audi’s. One of them got adventurous and has a bright yellow rally prepped Ford,  full roll cage, damn its noisy, drowns out the TV.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#110949 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Abercol call the police

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110957 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I think the police these days are just extensions of the insurance industry in that there only there to issue a crime number for insurance claims so won’t be any good in Abercol’s case. 😒

#110965 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

@chrisk Couple of things that could be the cause of the extra nocturnal activity. 1. Drug dealer has opened up near by. 2. A brothel has opened on your street.

28 cars today but funny because there are less cars than that between 6 PM 12 AM but glad to say no local drug dealers these days because I think I’ve scared them away from my patch?

My camera view looks at a T junction opposite me and I can see about 100 metres down that road and one of the houses was a drug supplier and they used to send kids 12 to 18 year old down to the corner opposite me and await for customers to pass in their cars and make the drop.

That was until I started going to my front gate, while they waited on the corner, turning around and looking up at the camera and saying “is the camera in focus now and is the night vision OK” as if some one was in doors monitoring the camera. No they don’t do their business here any more as they moved down to the next corner. 😁

#110966 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if all sorts of criminal activity hasn’t moved to the night time. Too hard to blend into the background of people’s movement when the are few people moving.

#110967 Reply

Macca

I and Mrs Mac went for an hours walk in our local park yesterday. Business as usual for a guy dealing drugs to two local scum bags, no social distancing going on there for sure.

#110996 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Call the police….hahaha, nearest police station 1/2 mile away, however, nearest manned station now 34 miles away. Hurrah for cost cutting and saving money! Scottish Police Farce.

Even traffic wardens only visit the town once a month (normally a good thing, but, seeing the number of cars parking wherever they like gets to you after a while). Locals post the warden warning on facebook the day they turn up.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#110998 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Just back from Tesco shelves full, shop full of people, really busy roads.

This virus is going nowhere.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#111020 Reply

Philjb

My son rang me he’s a paramedic working in Cumbria and he said the roads and green spaces have suddenly got really busy again and there’s me sat indoors crapping myself that if I get it it won’t end well.
    How many deaths before people follow the guidelines for theirs and our good.

#111032 Reply

joss
    Participant

My son rang me he’s a paramedic working in Cumbria and he said the roads and green spaces have suddenly got really busy again and there’s me sat indoors crapping myself that if I get it it won’t end well. How many deaths before people follow the guidelines for theirs and our good.

Totally agree with you Philjb. On lock down for 12 weeks and probably much more. I am suffering with COPD flaring up at the moment and really worried that If I get infected it’s the end.

People need to tow the line.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#111043 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

28 cars today but funny because there are less cars than that between 6 PM 12 AM. 😁

Well only 12 cars passing this morning between 12 and 6 and one of those was one of the bus drivers, no police cars unless there unmarked ones.

My conclusion is those week night 30 cars are office workers going into the office in the dead of night to social distance from other workers.

#111050 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

It’s not going to stop until one of those idiots relatives or friends get the virus and die for them to get the message, unfortunately the other couple of thousand they spread it to that are trying their best to socially distance won’t have any way out.

#111060 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Just having a look around the country at a few beach resorts and although there every quiet as to how they normally would be there are still the odd few about.

One place in particular looks very busy with walkers that being Hastings but the camera being used there is telephoto so when looking down at a view along the lens of a mile or so makes it look like loads of folk walking about.

Elsewhere not a lot other than a few couples walking together along promenades, some even looking like there in the “at risk” group, then there’s the dog walkers who make up almost half of those out on beaches but again not loads of them but a few. Who said a dog is not just for Christmas, looks like a good excuse for Corona too. 😊

A few cyclist but I don’t think laws apply to them at the best of times so their exempt. 😁

#111062 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Police in London are putting in extra effort to enforce the lockdown this weekend..

#111179 Reply

martino

is that real

#111181 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

The vehicle is certainly real. Whether they are using it is another matter…

#111188 Reply

brydo

To be honest my daily routine has hardly changed, swap going to the park for a walk with walking locally and that’s about it. Haven’t seen my mum and father in law in a couple of weeks and only seeing the grandkids and daughters on Face time but other than that nothing major.

Put a couple of washings out on the line, filled the dishwasher, had my breakfast and now about to go a walk.

Power washed the front steps the other day, cleared out the front cupboard, will take the contents to the tip when it reopens, great time to catch up on all those little jobs that need doing.

Went on line and ordered a load of plants, as this lockdown won’t last for ever and I’m looking forward to the summer in the garden and out and about.

We have a big room in the house with a treadmill, A frame, multi gym and bike in it. Me and my son have been in lifting some weights and walking (me) jogging (him) on the treadmill. Spending a lot of time together which is great.

#111192 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Same here Brydo with grand-kids but in my case they live in the same street as me, about 100 metres down the road, but only seen them once in three weeks when they came to our gate last Thursday night for hand clapping and how hard is that seeing them just 5 metres away and unable to go near them.

Same again for looking to the Summer in the garden so ordering stuff online with first thing buying a clock for the garden because I last one did not make it this Winter and we were sat out there yesterday and have no ideal of the time, but then, were all just counting time now aren’t we but I don’t want to miss lunch.😁

Other vital life support stuff ordered today are for the fish in the pond as it’s this time of year we put medication in the pond for their healthy well-being that and a big bag of fish pond food.

Life goes on, be it in a different way but don’t forget to clean down any deliveries you have left on your door step and keep washing those hands.😊

It’s a nightmare come true isn’t it.😢

#111193 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Police in London are putting in extra effort to enforce the lockdown this weekend..

I think that’s the truck they use for delivering the chief constables wages.

#111195 Reply

POPS

My daughter in law goes for one run every day, with the dog on it’s lead. She told me that she was surprised just how seriously people that are outside are applying social distancing rules (often well in excess of the 2 metre rule).

I watched a news report yesterday where people in a London park were being moved on by the police for sitting on the grass and benches. They were all without exception keeping 7 or 8 metres between each other and there were no groups of more than three people (who were also well spaced).

If going out for exercise is allowed because it is considered therapeutic for both physical and mental health, and people are sticking to the ‘distancing’ rule, then the police have to use common sense in overseeing the situation. If the rule is being abused by people then the government will soon require people to not leave their homes even for one period of exercise per day, but does current nationwide evidence support that decision?

As I’ve said before, I’ve tried to put myself into the mind frame of someone who lives in a flat or apartment without any outside space, and tried to imagine how I’d feel confined within four walls in a total lockdown situation. I’m self isolating for the foreseeable future and I haven’t been out once since this advice was given to over 70’s with underlying health issues, but I am able to go out into my back garden for a little bit of (painful!) exercise, and also sit on a patio chair in the sunshine with a refreshing hot drink. It keeps me sane on a daily basis. It must be horrible if you don’t have the opportunity to go outside.

Unfortunately a minority of selfish people will probably continue to flout the ‘one piece of exercise per day rule’ and treat the pandemic restrictions as an opportunity for an extended holiday, which is a real shame for those who genuinely need to get outside and exercise once a day for the sake of their physical and mental wellbeing.

This is just my own personal view folks based on what I’ve seen and heard recently and I could well be wrong, so please let’s not fall out over it, lol.

#111196 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

BBC breakfast keeps me going Louise looked amazing today

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#111200 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

POPS, it really gets my goat when Matt Hancock says “Sunbathing is against the rules that have been set out for important public health reasons,” but is totally unable to say what they are. Because of course there aren’t any.

If ministers want the people to respect their decisions they should not treat us like fools.

#111202 Reply

POPS

I agree Wigwam. Sitting on the grass soaking up vitamin D from the sunshine is a positive thing if done with strict regard to social distancing. The government has put the Police in a difficult position by requiring them to enforce non existent laws. Clarity and common sense is required.

#111223 Reply

72 dudes

Pops and Wigwam, agreed.

For the first time over the weekend, we had people ‘in charge’ saying stay indoors, rather than stay at home.

What’s changed? Are we now to assume that the virus is airborne and they’re not telling us for fear of mass panic?

Unless this is the case, I really can’t see the problem in people sensibly visiting parks and open spaces which are not crowded, and keeping their distance.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
Reply To: Who's Staying In and Who's Still Going Out -Are You

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: