what do i do

• Creator
    Topic
  • #28308 Reply
    deborah1965
    Participant

hi i am new to this so here i go. I am disabled and have a son of 22 and a son of 20 who are disabled one is quite severe. I also have a daughter of 19 and 17.  i am a single mum who is in need for advice please. I have had a nissan elgrand for many years which is an import but before xmas a young person wrote my fantastic mpv off while it was parked outside my home. Now i am having to look at going through the mobility scheme to get a car suitable for us. I need at least 7/8 seats not a low down car as getting in and out is a problem and space for 2 wheelchairs. I wish that this scheme did the nissan elgrand as it is fab but when i spoke with nissan they said no. Could anyone tell me please if the scheme will allow me to have a second hand nissan elgrand or not and any suggestions on what i should look at thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #28309 Reply
    william

why dont you use some of your motability money  to buy  the car you want on finace there are loads on autotrader

Nissan Elgrand 3.0 4dr
    8 SEATS+9″ TFT SCREEN REAR DVD

2000 (W reg)
    MPV
    25,000 miles
    Automatic

bill
    3.0L
    Diesel

bill

#28310 Reply
    Bas

You can get a 7 seat ssangyong Turismo on motability but that is the biggest you can get with an advance payment under £3000 (I think). It has 7 full size seats and a big boot. Other than that, I suppose you go on to the WAV vehicles over 5 years instaed of 3 but most have huge advance payments. SSangyong dealers are thin on the grand but it might be worth googling your nearest and having a look if you can male do with 7 seats.

#28312 Reply
    POPS

Deborah, both the Citroen SpaceTourer and the Peugeot Traveller are on the scheme this quarter. They are both eight seaters and you have to pay a hefty £2999 advance payment for either of them. £2999 is for a manual in both cases.

Both vehicles are van conversions with slightly lowered roof lines. They are both reasonably well kitted out, although with eight seats in use there isn’t a lot of space for wheelchairs. The Citroen has both the  XS and M lengths on offer (M gives you 30+ cms extra length).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: what do i do
Your information: