What do I do?

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    rosie54
    Participant

Good evening everyone, hope you are having a relaxing evening.

I would appreciate some advice, I noticed this morning that my motability car is missing the drivers side door mirror cover, what is the best route to take as I assume it’s not wise to make a claim via insurance as it’s nothing major, equally I can’t find the same part online either as it’s for a BMW x1 storm bay metallic grey colour. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

If it’s just the clip on cover you can get a couple of black carbon effect ones so both mirrors look the same?

£11.99 for the pair on Ebay,  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204556532060

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

rosie54
        Participant

Wouldn’t that cause an issue when I return the vehicle back to the dealership as it’s different colour?

rosie54
          Participant

If it’s just the clip on cover you can get a couple of black carbon effect ones so both mirrors look the same? £11.99 for the pair on Ebay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204556532060

Wouldn’t that cause an issue when I return the vehicle back to the dealership as it’s different colour?

kezo
            Participant

Finding mirror covers in the clour you want isn’t always easy, as they typically come black and painted to the colour of the car, unless you can come across used one in the colour of your car.

Fitting carbon coloured covers shouldn’t cause an issue, as long as both are replaced and match. I have done the same in the past but, with gloss black ones. Just make sure the ones you choose are the correct ones for your cars model year

swwchris
              Participant

I once bought a cover and had it painted at local body repair shop. Cant remember the total cost but it was not much.

Phaedra
                Participant

I don’t think I’d bother getting them painted.

Realistically if you’re handing it back to a different dealer/manufacturer when you get your next car they’ll not be bothered as long as one isn’t missing, the car will be most likely going off to get auctioned somewhere else.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

NanasRob71
                  Participant

A few years ago I had a similar problem. The day before I was due to return my Volvo, another driver clipped my wing mirror and smashed it to pieces.

Clearly no time to get insurance involved, but I spoke to Motability who just told me to return the car as planned and I wouldn’t be charged.

This was ten years ago, so I can’t remember if there was a good condition bonus or not.

rosie54
                    Participant

A few years ago I had a similar problem. The day before I was due to return my Volvo, another driver clipped my wing mirror and smashed it to pieces. Clearly no time to get insurance involved, but I spoke to Motability who just told me to return the car as planned and I wouldn’t be charged. This was ten years ago, so I can’t remember if there was a good condition bonus or not.

thank you for your reply, that’s my predicament, good condition bonus is my priority therefore I don’t want to take the risk and make sure I am entitled

rosie54
                      Participant

I don’t think I’d bother getting them painted. Realistically if you’re handing it back to a different dealer/manufacturer when you get your next car they’ll not be bothered as long as one isn’t missing, the car will be most likely going off to get auctioned somewhere else.

thank you for your reply, last resort I may have to get a different colour cover case

rosie54
                        Participant

Finding mirror covers in the clour you want isn’t always easy, as they typically come black and painted to the colour of the car, unless you can come across used one in the colour of your car. Fitting carbon coloured covers shouldn’t cause an issue, as long as both are replaced and match. I have done the same in the past but, with gloss black ones. Just make sure the ones you choose are the correct ones for your cars model year

thank you for your reply, did you still get the good condition bonus even though the colours didn’t match?

kezo
                          Participant

thank you for your reply, did you still get the good condition bonus even though the colours didn’t match?

Yes, the dealer I handed it into didn’t know any different 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.