Tv/film during lockdown

This topic contains 33 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Georgie 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #113776 Reply

Footloose

Good afternoon all,

thought I would ask what tv/film you have enjoyed during lockdown?I have taken a liking to the classics such as rising damp,fawlty towers and porridge and also found a digital channel (81)talking pictures tv that’s been a great find for classic films and tv.Hope your having a good weekend 👍

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113893 Reply

Tharg

Again, agree with Kong and the Godzilla stuf but what about… Quatermass! Loved the “Pit” one by Hammer; even the Brian Donlevy ones remain vastly entertaining. Sad to admit that I was scared witless by their original transmission on telly in the 50s/60s.

#113896 Reply

Georgie

Oh, Lord!  I still get freaked out by the sound the Ship makes when it wakes up.

In fact, I would say it is a ‘perfect’ film.  I wouldn’t add or remove a single thing.  At least Quatermas is a Scot, as he should be, rather than the ‘necessary’ American (Andrew Keir) like in Quatermass II and The Quatermass Experiment.

I also liked the Quatermass TV series with Sir John Mills in the eponymous role.  A bit theatrical by modern standards, but a damn good story because it was also written by Nigel Kneale.

Leh!  Leh!  Leh!  Leh!

#113900 Reply

Footloose

Jaws is on itv4 from 9pm tonight 👍

#113909 Reply

Tharg

Still can’t resist the Donlevy Quatermasses.  I know he shouldn’t be a Yank, But how can you not love this great huge block of a man, with an even greater, more huge overcoat. He looks like a giant chocolate bar, brought to life and made to walk like a mega zombie. Oh, and he’d always arrive in a fleet of vast Humber motorcars which look like they eat Minis for breakfast.

#113960 Reply

Georgie

“he’d always arrive in a fleet of vast Humber motorcars which look like they eat Minis for breakfast.”

Or were ultimately recycled into Minis at the rate of 1 Humber = 4 ‘original’ Minis.  Possibly more. 🙂

Sorry for the slow reply – Hay Fever has unexpectedly blown up my noodle a bit.  I’m used to dealing with tree pollen, but this year, for the first time, grass pollen has also got me.  Probably why I accused Andrew Keir of being the ‘necessary’ American, rather than the wonderful Scot that he was.

#113961 Reply

Georgie

Anyone else watched episode 1 of ‘Snowpiercer’ on Netflix, yet?

#114028 Reply

Tharg

Deepest sympathies, Georgie. This pollen stuff gets me as well. With a fair bit of lawn to clip, the dust and yellow stuff gets me sneezing and coughing so much that passers-by are convinced I’m in final stages of Covid-19. They cross to other side of street which suits me fine, thank you, so I can’t catch their horrid infections!

#114034 Reply

Georgie

“They cross to other side of street which suits me fine, thank you, so I can’t catch their horrid infections!”

All my neighbours do this during normal times, too.  😀

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Tv/film during lockdown

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: