Trump or Biden, does it matter?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #128463 Reply
    Brydo

The American election is immanent does the outcome matter to us?

I really do think that trump is a clown but is the best option for the UK with regard to a beneficial trade deal.

Biden is likely to put America back on an even keel but I’m not sure he is pro UK, with the Democratic parties Irish ties I think a EU deal that doesn’t hurt Ireland would be a prerequisit to a UK/USA trade deal

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128464 Reply
    Tharg

Never thought of  it like that, Brydo. Take your point about Donny’s pro-uk stance. But feel that he would become anti-uk in a moment if it would win him a few more votes. Reminds me, scarily, of “Cap’n” Bob Maxwell for whom I had the misfortune to work at one time – frightening, psychopathic thugs, both of ’em.

From a moral and ethical standpoint I want to see Trump ousted. On the grounds of good taste and respect for the human race’s potential to do better then I REALLY want to see him trashed. Aside from the bullying psychopathy he is just plain ignorant, incompetent and downright nasty.

#128478 Reply
    Brydo

I agree tharg.

#128577 Reply
    Tharg

Oh my! The dangerous, ludicrous Jokeman seems to be falling apart. (This at 9 am before final result). Declaring himself winner and declaring the election “fixed”/illegal at the same time. I reckon he will win and all the bluster and bo!!ox is just a smokescreen to hide fact that his team actually have fixed it (or are still trying to). As I understand it, somewhere along the line the counted votes are entered into a computer network. Therefore they can be got-at and fiddled. The is no way to protect the electronic pulse.

#128580 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Seems standing on a ‘not being Trump’ ticket might not be enough for Biden. I was hoping 2020 was going to have one good thing happen. Even if Trump loses by an Al Gore margin he will get to walk with some dignity. I was hoping for a landslide and pictured him walking out of the white house pulling his flight bag with his tail between his legs. I should have known better.

#128584 Reply
    Brydo

When we look at any threat to world peace we look at China, Russia, North Korea or Islamic  extremists but in my opinion America is the biggest threat, in particular the American people IMO they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

The entire American political system is a joke, here we are likely to be a day or so away from a result and its down to the fact that each state has their own rules about when votes cast before polling day are counted. Some it in advance of polling day and some after the polls are closed. Surely they should all be counted before so as a result can be announced on the day.

We now have Trump going to the supreme court to get vote counting stopped and for him to be declared the winner.

#128585 Reply
    Georgie

“bluster and bo!!ox” worked for Farage and Bo-Zo.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” (Joseph Goebbels: On the ‘Big Lie’)

#128587 Reply
    Brydo

My money is on Biden scrapping over the line but “the Donald” has a knack of confounding all the pundits and surveys. He does off course have more to lose if he fails to get re-elected as he will probably go to jail and as a standing president can’t be jailed he will want to be free, at least for the next four years.

#128592 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@brydo

At times like this I turn to the bookmakers to find out the truth:

Biden 5/7 and Trump 6/4

If my Grand National only betting knowledge servers me right if I stake  £28 on Biden I win £20 and if I stake £28 on Trump I win £42.

So Biden will win and I will now stop following the news.

#128595 Reply
    Brydo

Haha wmc I hope the bookies are right, don’t think I can stand looking at the “orange one” for another four years.

#128649 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Looks likely Biden has won the Presidency or should I say Kamala Harris because Biden will be stood down as unfit within months of inauguration.  All part of the plan… !

#128650 Reply
    Brydo

Which plan would that be?

#128657 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The plan that any political party would have in place when their presidential candidate has age related cognitive impairment and is likely to be incapable of surviving the rigours of the position for long.

#128666 Reply
    Tharg

Can we apply The Plan to Boris? His cognitive impairment may not be age-related but the man certifiably does not Think Right. “Mutated Algorithms” says it all…

#128690 Reply
    Brydo

We are still no closer to a result than we were at this time yesterday, it really is amateurish and from “The greatest country in the world” lol.

#128709 Reply
    Tharg

When I first started watching the “progress” of the US election, I felt like I was watching a black comedy from the likes of witty 50s/60s sci-fi writers like Robert Heinlein or Asimov or Harry Harrison. As it progressed, the sci-fi comedy changed uncontrollably into a Warner Bros cartoon production with Biden as Elmer Fudd and The Orange One as Wile E Coyote. Sadly, no one has a candidate as intelligent and capable as the Roadrunner or Bugs Bunny. Last stage after the cartoon? Well, a descent into Cronenberg style horror seems inevitable…

#128811 Reply
    Brydo

Its looking like Biden will limp over the winning line sometime today. What a shambles, calling it a laughing stock makes it sound organised.

The lawyers will make a fortune from this, the only winners it seems.

The Senate could be up for grabs also, which Biden will need if he wants to get any policies into law.

#128826 Reply
    Brydo

President Biden it is then.

#128830 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not officially, until the Electoral College meet in December. Trump isn’t going to go quietly!

#128831 Reply
    Brydo

It would be nice for him to surprise us, in a good way – just for a change.

#128834 Reply
    Daf

Trump is a poison cancerous abberation of humanity. In Trump world there are only winners and losers, its dog eat dog. I doubt he has the courage to accept defeat, so he will look for excuses, for scapegoats as an excuse for his own shortcomings as a human being. But he will be removed whether by his choice or not.

What is truly sad is that so many American citizens have been so easily fooled by a Emperor with no clothes. I really hope Joe Biden can heal at least some of the wounds created by Trump.

#128849 Reply
    Georgie

Going to be interesting how Biden’s now going to deal with Trump fan-boy Johnson, especially since Johnson staunchly continued backing Trump even when it was clear he was on his way out, and said Obama had only opposed Brexit because he was Kenyan.

Don’t imagine we’ll get a better Trade Deal under Biden, though.  He’ll be as determined as Trump to stop Britain getting s ‘good’ deal with the EU so that the USA can swamp the UK with cheap grain and meat products that our own farmers can’t afford to compete with.

#128851 Reply
    Stav

Creepy/sleepy Joe, oh boy. He’ll be lucky to get security clearance as hes so compromised at this point by the chinese,ukranians and the ruski’s. Research hunter bidens laptop, its pretty damming and genuine.

#128856 Reply
    Brydo

Stav sometimes the winner is not the best candidate but the best out of the choice available.

Trump should be put in jail for his crimes but I get the feeling they will be swept under the carpet so as America can save face as the optic of an American President in jail wouldn’t suit the narrative.

#128857 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not the first time Trump’s crimes have been mention. What are they, Brydo, that would warrant jail?

#128862 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Trump? Crimes? What about bribing and threatening a vast number of people so he could turn most of Scotland’s protected pblic-access countryside into golf courses where you’ll be shot if you “trespass”?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Trump or Biden, does it matter?
Your information: