The PC and all tech related stuff.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #102269 Reply
    joss

Place holder

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by joss.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165823 Reply
    Brydo

No i fixed the TMP 2.0 problem , its my AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 Processor thats not supported.

My other problem is that my Windows 10 is stuck at version 1903 which is unsupported and won’t update to 21H1.

Any ideas?

#165824 Reply
    Plato

No, its just a known thing through testing that on the x570 4 sticks does indeed give some improvement, and me personally easily having the ability to test the difference between various sticks etc. In my case it was indeed a improvement, on top maybe I’m not the average user as I tend to always explore the limits of overclocking then minus 5% after my findings, old habit but one that brings a stable result. As far as the rest of your comment, I had the 2080 ti before upgrading to this, and as far as 1440p with current titles I really haven’t been that fussed with the results, I mean its clearly more frames, but they are certainly not bang for buck rewarding frames. Sure the 4000 will be a more noticeable jump.

#165825 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

It’s not, you’re mistaken on that part.

Yes. 4 sticks of 8gb give a speed boost over 2 sticks of 8gb (both ram being equal), because single sticks and single banks don’t run dual rank.

This is from Steve:

It’s hard to argue with the guy who’s known to be the Jesus in regards to computer hardware, running liquid nitrogen overclocking setups (and leading leaderboards) like you and i change a hard drive.

This is from the source of the video that sparked the 4 sticks vs 2 sticks debate, but people usually leave out that this isn’t 4x8gb vs 2x16gb, but 4x8gb vs 2x8gb. I’m not overclocking anymore (too stressful and sometimes too expensive, cough), but i certainly am still undervolting to reign in temperatures despite custom/open loop. As a sidenote, we’re both running the same board.

The only reason for me to go bigger than the 2080 at the moment would be Star Citizen, but that “game” is so far from anything resembling even an Alpha, it’s not worth it.

No i fixed the TMP 2.0 problem , its my AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 Processor thats not supported. My other problem is that my Windows 10 is stuck at version 1903 which is unsupported and won’t update to 21H1. Any ideas?

Oof. Is that a laptop?

This thread could be interesting to you, it’s a bit late/early now, don’t wanna sift through it.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/lets-run-windows-11-on-an-incompatible-hardware.133/

That being said. If i were you, i’d not install W11. I know i won’t for a while. I’ve been playing with windows (starting from Windows 3.0 and Windows NT) for a long time now, if there’s something you really don’t want to do, it’s “adopt early”. As long as you can keep W10 alive, you’d want to do that. Now.. In regards as to why you can’t update past a certain point. Do you not get any updates at all, or do they fail to install/download?

I do know that 1903 isn’t supported anymore, you should’ve had a forced update to 1909 and from there 20H2, and then 21H1. I assume you tried to install the update manually through the Update Assistant (an extra windows tool that you have to download – not talking about the update manager)?

edit: this one

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/windows-10-update-assistant-3550dfb2-a015-7765-12ea-fba2ac36fb3f

And if this didn’t work, what happened – failed to download, failed to install etc?

#165828 Reply
    joss

Can i make an account and be merged with my current comments btw?

Not to sure what you mean Plato. More info ?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165833 Reply
    joss

Brydo you need to download the latest version of win 10 for Microsoft

Windows 10 is stuck at version 1903

and run it. That way you should have the latest version.

Go here and click update   https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165845 Reply
    Brydo

Tried that a few times Joss and it didn’t work, it goes through the procedures anf finishes but when i check I’m still at version 1903.

#165848 Reply
    Plato

If I didn’t have all of these stick combos at my disposal then you would be able to call me “Mistaken”, I don’t need to go by what this gamers nexus guy finds as you seem to keep mentioning him. I have the ability with stock to do my own testing with all the hardware I need. I don’t need to quote anyone etc I just run the tests, and in my case the benches don’t lie.

And @joss I mean in regards to making a forum account, as I’m currently just a guessed I believe.

#165880 Reply
    joss

@Plato I believe that opening an account should be OK so long as you use your current name. Post should be OK.

Tried that a few times Joss and it didn’t work, it goes through the procedures anf finishes but when i check I’m still at version 1903.

Got to ask Brydo is your windows key legitimate?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165885 Reply
    Plato
    Participant

@joss sorted, thanks matey 😉

#165886 Reply
    Brydo

Yes Joss it is.

#165888 Reply
    joss

@Brydo with out looking at your pc I am at a loss tbh. Other than a drastic format and reinstall.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165891 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

According to YouTube its something that happens now and again. I was hoping installing windows 11 would sort the problem, although  I do realise “11” might just fail like the last few “10” updates.

I don’t understand why it stopped allowing these updates as all prvious updates loaded no problem.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#165892 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Welcome new member Plato.

#165893 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I obviously now know I can’t update to windows 11 as my processor is not supported, so I’m now back to fixing windows 10 or getting a new computer.

I only use the computer for the forum, no gaming or the like, so don’t need anything expensive. I have an all in one computer just now as the previous tower systems just my office look untidy.

#165912 Reply
    joss

There is an option of buying a new win 10 key (legitimate of course) This where I got mine from and no issues with it. do you have win 10 home or pro version?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165942 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

0xc1900223 and 0x80246019 where the last two reasons for not updating.

I might have a go at your solution but i hate not being able to fix things.

#165954 Reply
    joss

Be aware that doing the new key may not help. Do you have a local pc repair shop near by Brydo? It might be worth a try to see what they say about all this. You are not alone with this problem Brydo

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165955 Reply
    brydo

Not that I’m aware of joss, as I said I don’t need anything high end as I don’t use it for anything other than the forum so might just buy a new one if I can’t fix it.

#165956 Reply
    joss

Yeah it’s a good option but so frustrating having to do so. How about a laptop ?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165968 Reply
    Brydo

Thought about that joss but o like a big screen so I would need to buy both. Nothings ruled out so I will keep trying to fix it until I get sick of it, or succeed, and then decide.

#165982 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

0xC1900101-0x20017  The installation failed in the SAFE_0S phase with an error during BOOT operation.

This is the latest wording of my most current attempt to update.

#165985 Reply
    Plato
    Participant

Is this all from the windows environment?

#165990 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Got it from here plato

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-toreset-windows-update-components-in-windows/14b86efd-1420-4916-9832-829125b1e8a3

#165991 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

This talked me through a way to download windows 10 and the description of why it didnt load came from that test.

#165992 Reply
    Plato
    Participant

Have you tried doing a “inplace upgrade” and what i mean by windows is can you get to your desktop etc, i not read all previous

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 225 total)
Reply To: The PC and all tech related stuff.
Your information: