The PC and all tech related stuff.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #102269 Reply
    joss

Place holder

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by joss.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 10 replies - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172011 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss So, oh digital maestro, the Microsoft people (?) are offering me the chance to upgrade to Win 11 for free. I reckon there’s a catch in there somewhere. Even if there isn’t, is it worth the risk?

#172031 Reply
    joss

I typed a fair bit on this for you at 2.30am but then somehow lost it. Damn. So in short… I have been using win 11 for 2 months now and find it fault free. From installing the upgrade until now.

Key is prepare by backing up your data before hand. As win 11 is an upgrade it does not touch your files. So they will all still be there after completion.

Is it for you? Does your computer meet the minimum requirements? Have you ran the test?

Don’t forget this is an upgrade with a new interface so you will need to learn what is where and what has changed.

All in all I wont be going back to win 10.  You have to make that decision your self, so read up before hand.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#172035 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cheers, Joss. Will take a more in-depth look at win 11. Just wanted to see if it was “safe” to do so.

#173342 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I have been pulled, fighting and struggling, into the 21st century and now have a mobile phone (xmas prezzie). It will be used solely for phone calls. Basically so that Mrs T – inside hospital for test/MRI/whatever else – can tell me – hospital carpark – whether to wait or go home and await call for chauffeur. It is an Alcatel 1 (5033xr). Simple question – what to do about in-car charging. The device loses charge at amazing rate. Will go flat overnight if WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS not turned off. Despite shutting stuff off, they sometimes come on again unbidden.

The mains charger says it has Output of 5.0v; Output power of 2.75w and Current of 0.55 amp. Loads of plug-in, in-car chargers available. However, none of them match the above spec. Most have current far higher; nearest I’ve seen is 1.5amp. How vital are these power/input factors?

Simply need to make sure the thing does not die on me while out in car. But wary that buying wrong charger might blow up battery. Have tried Googling the problem. Got nowhere. Even though Alcatel site says “Use only in-car chargers recommended by Alcatel”, cannot find any hint of this recommendation anywhere. Help, please.

#173346 Reply
    struth
    Participant

as long as you get a 5v charger for car.. 12v to 5v then it’ll be fine. it will draw what it needs, not the other way round. if charger you got is under the specified then you would have issues.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#173353 Reply
    ajn

I must admit to if it fits plug it in and charge, totally wrong because of the above mentioned..

I use a phone with a camera, I know you’re not a fan Tharg, but for pics on the go they are good & I think pottering about, or out and about you might enjoy having one to hand as you enjoy pics..

I must admit to being one of the annoying people taking pics of everything, simply because I have my phone always..

Slightly off topic but a little still on side..🙂

#173400 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i better say again that a higher current charger isnt an issue; ie, amps… but the voltage needs to be right. ie, 5v

#173402 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@struth Thanks for that. It was overcharging that worried me. So, as long as it is 5V it won’t overcharge. That’s great. It’ll hopefully be charged enough when I get in car but good to have a standby just in case.

@ajn
    The device I’ve got does have a camera. And even though I prefer my old wet film Pentax, I’ll not be averse to using the electric thingey if I spot something snappable. It’ll be a bit like using film as well – battery is so crap that it will manage 36 snaps and then give up like 35mm roll!

#173405 Reply
    struth
    Participant

the phone will ask of the psu what it wants/requires power wise, and once its had it, it should stop charging. a bit like a ev on a 32amp home charger or a granny lead, which is its minimum. it wont really charge any quicker tho as it should automatically only take the power its supposed to take; ie, 550ma.

#173407 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cheers, @struth Really appreciate your help. Finding out anything about how this Devil’s Device works is a nightmare. There are 40 apps on it. Trying to find out which ones I don’t need is so much work I’ve given up. If you search “delete Facebook” it just won’t find anything. Not too worried, because with the GPS, WiFi etc off, the battery-charge will last a couple of days.

Viewing 10 replies - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
Reply To: The PC and all tech related stuff.
Your information: