Stay away from Peugeot…

• Creator
    Topic
  • #104290 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I’m gonna try keep this short

2018 spring time we got a Peugeot 3008, some of you may remember me posting on how I got the last 120bhp one in the uk as Peugeot discontinued that engine and changed it into a 130bhp, as a u25 driver I couldn’t get the new engine but luckily found one even tho it was 2 hours away.

anyway fast forward to two months ago, the 8inch screen (that controls climate / sat nav) started restarting once and that’s it, then around early jan it’ll restart 4 times then completely go off.

took it into my closest Peugeot (who I hate with a passion as when I was trying to get the 120bhp version they lied to me and said they had 12, also said disabled people should be happy with whatever car they get, don’t worry I got that guy fired and also got motability to set the dealership straight.

anyway, took it on the 15th they said they fixed it, literally left the dealership and it happened again, then went back on the 21st, they said they don’t know what to do so they’ve contacted Peugeot in France, today they just got back to them and said to run more tests… I’m skipping a lot of other nonsense from Peugeot but now, even tho I love the car, Im turning 25 on Sunday and I’m thinking to cancel the Peugeot and go back to the Tiguan (had the first model and latest model but both s trim as u25, now I can get an r line) but part of me keeps hoping that motability will add more electric cars this year so I should hold out, eg VW are release 30 cars this year some electric such as the ID Crozz which is an suv starting around £30k so who knows…

anyway I know some of us, me included know that motability can do much more when it comes to cars on the scheme but they’ve done some good things for me and my dad such as paying for train tickets there and back twice to Peterborough (where I got this car)

payinh for my fuel as I keep going back and forth to Peugeot to fix this stupid problem

and proving me a cab for the day when my cars at the dealership

sorry for the long rant I tried to keep it short 😂

actually before I end, I would like to say I look forward to whenever the mk3 of the Peugeot’s come out as the current 3008/5008/new 2008 and 508 are beautiful inside and out, once they get their electrical problems sorted out they’ll be making almost perfect cars

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104830 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Well peugeot now owns vauxhall and the new corsa is underpinned with the new 208 engines and parts i presume and nissan is in with renault and the new nissan micra which is no longer a small car is built in france with the new Renault clio which i have in rs line 130 edc and its built better than the older renaults in quality its a step up.

#104831 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

https://youtu.be/MI5vc_eiN_A  

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by daveblue.
    #107153 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

After over a month of them trying to fix it, theyve had 6 tried, I gave up after the 4th try and let motability insurance handle it, so I’ve had a hire car for two weeks, a Gla which was nice but had to change as didn’t match our needs, changed to a hire 3008 lol)

anyway after 6 tries they still haven’t been able to fix it and have decided to blame Apple and their iOS saying they’re the reason why the screen restarts which is a lie as it also restarts with android, anyway I’m off to pick up my still broken car today as they’ve given up, the case manager who’s been dealing with my case is on leave till Monday but most likely I’m gonna get my whole deposit back (2k woo) but it’s sad that it’s ended like this, I tried so hard to get this car. Now I’m gonna have the headache of ordering a new car, I wanna wait and see if the Tarraco fr comes on the scheme. I love the Tiguan r line but I feel like VW are release so many new cars this year i should wait and see, especially if the ID 4 comes on the scheme (some may say I’m a dreamerrrr)

#107157 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

That’s such a shame as the issue lies with the screen manufacturer and software developer but because Peugeot does what all other car manufacturers do and buy these parts (and the majority of other parts) from 3rd party companies they don’t have a clue how to fix them and like you said they just give up (Seat had half a dozen attempts at fixing my Alhambra and still couldn’t manage it), in the end I just lived with it for over a year but it wasn’t as intrusive a problem as yours seems to be and it is ruining what is a great car otherwise!

I have read on other threads that some have had the screens replaced and some sort of software upgrade/downgrade that has seemed to fix the problem, maybe your dealer just doesn’t want to shell out for it?

#107179 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Vinal it’s a great car which makes it a shame that this is happening, with your seat, did a motability case manager deal with you case? If so you could’ve got your AP back and order something else.

#107192 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Yeah, I was assigned a case manager who was on the bus next to Mr Useless, just repeated the bulls**t that Seat spouted and never forced the situation, after trying to get hold of him for over a month (excuse after excuse, not in work, in a meeting, off sick, on holiday etc etc etc) I just stopped trying and gave up.

The only reason I didn’t swap the car was I was waiting for a few ducks to get in a nice neat line and it corresponded with the end of the 3 year lease anyway.

#107222 Reply
    Carl

Having read the initial posts on this thread about Peugeot being unreliable due to electrical problems.

I went to my local dealer today to test drive the e2008 EV which is due out in april.  Having spoke to the sales advisor he stated that the one week old demonstrator car had broken, in his words the electrics were fry’d due to the car not being set up properly.

This is not a good start for the vehicle in my opinion.

#107224 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

why don’t they just replace the  screen

#107245 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Having read the initial posts on this thread about Peugeot being unreliable due to electrical problems. I went to my local dealer today to test drive the e2008 EV which is due out in april. Having spoke to the sales advisor he stated that the one week old demonstrator car had broken, in his words the electrics were fry’d due to the car not being set up properly. This is not a good start for the vehicle in my opinion.

Carl this will make you eyes water, the best 2 are the rear axle coming lose and problems with the steering, nice.

Peugeot 208 – Common problems

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#107259 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Ah vinal sounds like that was a headache…

Adam that was the plan but then insurance called me and said wait to see what the case manager says, I just want my 2k back now tbh I’ve had enough with robins and day Peugeot sick of them they’re all bad with customers apart from one or two who are decent

#107261 Reply
    scousesam

get a grip your 25 and going good on like a old woman

#107266 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Pretty soon PSA group will have a huge share of the car market and it will be increasingly difficult to avoid buying a car with French ties, I don’t really car who owns shares in the company that builds my car as well as who actually builds it because not many are built in France, some non French cars are built in France, the AllSpace is built in Mexico, hardly a name for quality and reliability there.

The old vw beetle was made in mexico i thought it was a great car.

#107271 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

My dad had an automatic VW beetle, I liked it.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#107278 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Wife had an old aircooled VW Beetle, she loved it, but then, she also used to have a Fiat X1/9 & raves about that too….maybe best if I go back to ignoring her…lol

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#107280 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

scousesam First of all it’s you’re* don’t know how old you are but that’s basic spelling.

second, there’s no need for that energy on this forum, which is a positive place thank you.

lastly, this car matched all my fathers need, we tried so hard to get it and managed to get the last one in the country, I care for him, my mother, my wife and my 2 year old, so it is a hard thing to change cars and have to test drive other cars when you’ve barely got time👍🏽

#107283 Reply
    Philjb

Although a lot of manufacturers buy tech as in screens etc, from outside companies they are in no way the same, each manufacturer will also write its own software and security so obviously some will be more troublesome, plus like everything they are built to a price and the internal components  are better quality with faster processors in some.
    Vw shares its older tech with its partner companies first and keeps the latest for itself.

As vehicles get more and more standard tech these gremlins will likely become even more common.

#107292 Reply
    Mikey

solent60

The Corolla GR 2.0 looks a cracking motor.Would be interested myself but got 18 months to wait yet.Probably be a bit old hat by then unfortunately.

#107309 Reply
    Carl

Oscarmax, I’m weak now! Think Peugeot need to get their act together!! 🤣

#107495 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Success!! Case manager is giving me my full AP back

#107505 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

That’s great news, I hate the fact that dealers don’t want to do anything that takes any effort on their part any more, they could have pushed Peugeot to replace the screen and cover their costs for the parts and labour but that would have involved someone actually giving a crap and spending more than 5 minutes of their time chasing it up and pushing for it to be done, unfortunately they have the sale so not bothered what happens now as all costs and shifted to Motability and they can get on with another sale!

When will they learn that if they go the extra mile to resolve problems like this for customers then they will probably have a customer who will not only keep coming back but will recommend them to friends and family, they’re so short sighted and greedy and lose so many customers over this kind of attitude and not just Peugeot but “ALL” dealers from every manufacturer have the same ethos, get the sale and move on, it really pi**es me off!

#107523 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Success!! Case manager is giving me my full AP back

Well done, so what your next car going to be.

#107533 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Vinal honestly you’re right about them charging motability, I think motability got charged every time I took it in which was 4 times myself and 1 via insurance. Anyway it’s a shame, I understand not everyone is happy with their job but surely you’ve gotta want to fix something so badly if you work at the service department… anyway I’m glad that headache is over now the headache of choosing the next car begins

#107535 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Oscar I’m honestly not sure at the moment, Tiguan r Line on the top of my list as I drove the first Tiguan (my first ever car 14 plate) then after that I got the new model 17 plate but s model as it was the only one available u25, eventually my siblings got their licence so I left that for them and got a motability car for my dad as we needed two cars (first was for my mum)

im not gonna rush, the case manager told me I can take as long as I want, so will wait to see if the Tarraco FR makes it onto the scheme or maybe even the Mercedes GLB, not the best looking side profile suv but the interior is next level. Also VW ID 4, as that’s being announced soon hopefully the price meets the motability cap and motability themselves change the BHP cap for evs

but yeah as you can see there’s a lot of if buts and maybe in my mind😂

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
Reply To: Stay away from Peugeot…
Your information: