PPF . What should I do next.

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert88
    Participant

After numerous failed attempts at clearing ppf filter on sportage I’ve finally contacted dealership they told me to bring it in for forced regen but won’t do it again because it’s not a fault it’s because I only do short journeys also told me to fill with full as it may take them half a tank to clear what should I do when it obviously happens again.

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

It’s the same advice as has been posted here in this thread earlier and elsewhere many times, wasting petrol doing long journeys in 3rd gear to cure something that will only come back again.

The car is simply not suited to shorter journeys.  Buggering about wasting time and money (petrol) reving the engine up in 3rd won’t cure the fact it’s a bad design.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

DisabledPaul
        Spectator

It’s the same advice as has been posted here in this thread earlier and elsewhere many times, wasting petrol doing long journeys in 3rd gear to cure something that will only come back again. The car is simply not suited to shorter journeys. Buggering about wasting time and money (petrol) reving the engine up in 3rd won’t cure the fact it’s a bad design.

so is the software and revised sensor that is claim just no good?

It really is not great for customers, the sales people should be advising people who do really short journeys the vehicle may not be suitable for them

Ele
          Participant

Imo Contact motorbility and ask to send it back and reject it

If you do so  then I suggest you also

Tell them you want any out of pocket expenses you have incurred  and taxi fare paid while you await another car

Car is rubbish/joke and Not fit for your purpose and its unreasonable to say otherwise

Its of little consequence now but suspect your intended mileage and warnings about this issue were not addressed when you considered ordering the car

My advice following the dealers terrible attitude towards you is to take the bull by the horns and act fast

Contact Motorbility Becki  CEO/PA/ Senior Customer Solutions Account Managers at Motability Operations if your request falls on deaf ears (rebeccaph@motabilityoperations.co.uk)

This will without doubt be an ongoing issue so dont accept any sticky plasters imo

Underline the stress and worry this is causing you

Suggest Keeping a diary of events

Best wishes

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Ele.
            kezo
            Participant

It’s the same advice as has been posted here in this thread earlier and elsewhere many times, wasting petrol doing long journeys in 3rd gear to cure something that will only come back again. The car is simply not suited to shorter journeys. Buggering about wasting time and money (petrol) reving the engine up in 3rd won’t cure the fact it’s a bad design.

so is the software and revised sensor that is claim just no good? It really is not great for customers, the sales people should be advising people who do really short journeys the vehicle may not be suitable for them

There was no revised sensor on the 22/23 models. Hyundai/Kia skipped MY24 and recently came out with MY2025, which had a revised engine line up.

The problem is a mirror of diesel when they became popular with low mileage users, which overtime were sorted by manufacturers software update to allow passive regeneration which in most cases cured it from low mileage drivers.

Both Hyundai/Kia when they first brought the new MY22 out had instructions how to clear the problem in the manual however it was based on a diesel which is the opposite to how a petrol car is regenerated. Both manufacturers then had a recall, to correct how a petrol vehicle should be regenerated, which involves deacceleratin to increase the oxygen level at operating temperature.

In 2early 2023 both manufacturers came out with a software update, which wasn’t really successful. Both manufacturers were going to look at working on another update, which never materialised. Then MY25 came about with a completely different engine setup.

There are rumours saying it was the exhaust system that lead to the problem on the petrol only and mild hybrid version. The full hybrid and plug in didn’t really see the problems or did other vehicles in Hyundai/Kia’s lineup with the 1.6tdgi engine. There was however a range of VIN numbers that didn’t get the problem or to the same extent.

Did they choose not to come clean because of a $200 million lawsuit in May 23 or just didn’t see a problem and thought it was easier to blame the customer.

kezo
              Participant

Official (revised) guidance from Hyundai.

When the GPF warning light illuminate, please perform the following driving pattern to activate the GPF driving regeneration. (Speed >80km/h (50 mph), 3rd or higher gear with engine rpm between 2500-4000 rpm)
                Drive over 80km/h (50mph) in 3rd gear Accelerate up to 4000 rpm, release acceleration pedal, wait 5 sec and accelerate again to 4000 rpm.
                Continuously repeat this process until the GPF warning lamp will switch off.

In case of DCT (dual-clutch transmission) is necessary you switch to SPORT mode and change gear manually to 3rd or higher gear then follow mentioned procedure.
                In case you drive over 30min / or the GPF Warning starts blinking (at this time LCD warning message will be displayed, we recommend you, to let the GPF system be checked by an authorized workshop

ChrisK
                Participant

sorry wrong thread deleted

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by ChrisK.
                  Participant

I read above ,sent to me ,lol

Robert88
                    Participant

Just a quick update car was in today for a forced regen they also done a software update so fingers crossed. Also they didn’t use as much fuel as they thought used about 30 miles worth x

Participant

Welldone robert 88 🫰🫰

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.