Peugeot 3008 electric

• Creator
    Topic
    kj35
    Participant

Is this brand new? Looks a good large SUV option with decent AP and I’m not sure how I’ve missed it?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kj35
      Participant

Nobby on cars YouTube review https://youtu.be/A6cvLxtEWwk?si=MqUUvB0yLStFgjpU

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by kj35.
        des
        Participant

I like this guy. Every sentence he says reminds me why I wanted the e3008. Tbh he was maybe a bit ott lol and sounds like he’s on Peugeots payroll. @kezo your good with these things. At about 25mins in just after talking about V2L he mentioned something can you interpret it for me please. Something about… Ah FFS I’ve forgotten.

des
          Participant

Turns out it’s just something to do with charging. The V2L thing is like a mystery. Trying to find out information on it is hard. While looking I did see a picture with the ioniq 5 that has a standard 3 pin socket, and I believe it was under the front seat which seemed daft.

But I don’t know if the 3008 has a socket or needs an adapter. You’d think the brochure would mention this or that Peugeot would advertise and sell the adapter if it’s need.

kezo
            Participant

. @kezo your good with these things. At about 25mins in just after talking about V2L he mentioned something can you interpret it for me please. Something about… Ah FFS I’ve forgotten.

After V2L he spoke about the cars onboard charger being 11kW or 22kW, that all EV’s have. The onboard charger is used to convert AC charging to DC. DC fast charging on the other hand bypasses the onboard charger so to speak and directs charge straight to the battery.

If you are mainly going to charge at home with a 7.4kW AC charger, a car with an 11kW onbord charger will be adequate. When your out on a long trip you will be using fast DC charging.

Having a 22kW onboard charger normally adds a $ premuim ontop of standard, that may not be viable. The guy in the video is second guessing much of what he has said and it could be the 73kW gets an 11kW onboard charger as standard and the 98kW when its introduced to the market, will have a 22kW onboard charger as standard.

The ioniq 5, has a 3 pin socket infront of the rear seat but, also come with an adaptor to convert the charge port into a 3 pin socket.

des
              Participant

Cheers. I thought It might be something fancy that I could plug my 52inch telly into when I’m out camping as I will be doing a gourmet micro meal in the V2L 😁

That makes more sense with the socket in front of the seat. It was a close up picture so I couldn’t really make it out.

kezo
                Participant

Cheers. I thought It might be something fancy that I could plug my 52inch telly into when I’m out camping as I will be doing a gourmet micro meal in the V2L 😁 That makes more sense with the socket in front of the seat. It was a close up picture so I couldn’t really make it out.

USV2L version, which is same setup here, just different sockets.

https://4frontenergy.com/blog/ev-on-board-charger/

des
                  Participant

Cheers

Ioniq
                    Participant

The interior socket is for light loads only.

The exterior adapter plugged into the charging port is capable of much heavier loads, a small microwave, kettle or toaster. Obviously not all at once

des
                      Participant

That’s something I would need to look into as I’ve no idea about that stuff. But a kettle and small microwave would be all I need.

kezo
                        Participant

The new E-3008 also features a V2L (Vehicle to Load) function, providing users with the option of powering an electrical device via the car’s high-voltage battery. The system can supply up to 3kW and 16A.

https://www.stellantisandyou.co.uk/news-hub/peugeot-reveals-the-next-generation-e-3008

Hopefully this information is correct given the information is from Stellantis.

MickC
                          Participant

The Stellantis group have upto £1250 cashback offer on the EV range 2008,3008.

Has anyone found the terms/conditions of this offer ? ive looked and drawn a blank.

kezo
                            Participant

The Stellantis group have upto £1250 cashback offer on the EV range 2008,3008. Has anyone found the terms/conditions of this offer ? ive looked and drawn a blank.

Not seen it TBH. Is that retail or Motability?

MickC
                              Participant

Motability @kezo

wmcforum
                                Which Mobility Car

T’s and C’s

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car
                                    kezo
                                    Participant

Thanks @wmcforum

It’s worth noting Stellantis and You dealerships are all England based, as far as I can see.

MickC
                                      Participant

https://www.stellantisandyou.co.uk/peugeot/motability

Yes thats the advert i was looking at,it says T&C’s apply……that was my question where are they ?

MickC
                                        Participant

You know what i think Stellantis are being crafty making it look like they are offering £1250,but really its the motability new car payment £750 and £500 from them,still a nice wedge off the car though.

wmcforum
                                          Which Mobility Car

Yes thats the advert i was looking at,it says T&C’s apply……that was my question where are they ?

des
                                            Participant

I’ve no idea about any of this. Do stellantis own Peugeot? How could I get this offer?

kezo
                                              Participant

I’ve no idea about any of this. Do stellantis own Peugeot? How could I get this offer?

Yes – Fiat, Abarth, Vauxhall, sister brands Peugeot and Citroën along with the latter’s upmarket offspring DS Automobiles, Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Jeep. More worldwide fall under the umbrella.

You need to find a Stellantis and You dealer, which there are non in NI, Scotland or Wales as far as I can see mate. However its worth approaching your dealer regards the offer.

Participant

I did see a “camping” image on one of the videos I looked at and from that it does appear that the V2L is from the charging port, I assume with some kind of adapter which plugs into the charge port and then gives you a 3pin UK socket

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Participant

Confirmed but this doesn’t look like the e3008 (taillights look different) but I don’t think it likely they’d have different implementations on different vehicles just because of the econmies of scale thing…

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

MickC
                                                    Participant

Just call me Mystic lol.

@wmcforum
                                                      interested where/how you get to look at the T/C’s

wmcforum
                                                      Which Mobility Car
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.