Ohme Website

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Says the Ohme Home Pro comes with a tethered 5m Type 2 cable as standard an
      8m cable upgrade available as an optional extra,,,do they charge you for that and if yes how much is it.?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MFillingham
      Participant

I’ve not got a tethered charger but the 8m was free for me, I can’t see it being different tethered.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

MickC
        Participant

Thanks Mark.

I think i will opt for an “untethered” 8m.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Motability via Ohme via EV charging firm via local subcontractor. Installed an Ohme Pro with 8 meter charge cable. Motability paid.</p>
            I was told by Motability the 8 meter would cost about £90 more.

Ohme told me Motability covers all costs of a “standard” install.

On order ID.3 Max Pro Performance September 2021
            Glacier White Metallic Flat black
            Latest Delivery Date From Dealer, April 2023

Ioniq
            Participant

No mickc.

You do not get charged extra for a tethered 8m cable.

In the Ohme configuration and home survey webpage. Tou can choose the Ohme tethered or untethered both with standard 5m cable.

There is the option to choose the 8m cable and it is applicable to whatever charger you pick.

MickC
              Participant

Ohme sent me an email regarding the installation,because i had not replied and done the survey they gave me two days to start the installation process or they would put the installation into hibernation “for now”

I’m in hibernation.

ejh
                Participant

We went for the home pro and had to pay around £100 for the 8 m upgrade as standard is 5 m

not even had it installed yet got a date in June!

Collie
                  Participant

I was also told it would be about £100 for the 8m tethered pro.

kezo
                    Participant

Noticed a few people recently being charged if opting for the 8m.

@MickC

You should get it installed so its there  when you car eventually arrives. Its likely installers will be busy with their own work as the summer months approach, which could lead to delays getting the charger installed and the use of public chargers 🙂

Participant

I had a pro, then asked for a pod…. they sent another pro. I told them that  I then had two but needed a pod. They then sent a pod but no lead. I asked for an 8m lead and then that came – the installers then took both the pro’s with them leaving me with the pod and an 8m lead. I didn’t pay extra for it. I could stick the mess of a pro lead hanging around and find it much better to have the lead that lives in the garage when not in use.

2024 Skoda Enyaq estate- 85x Sportline plus in Race Blue. Extras: Supernova 21 inch wheels, Maxx Pack, Transport Pack, Heat Pump and Pano Sunroof.
                        Ordered 31/10/23, Delivery 27/3/23

MickC
                        Participant

Ohme must be kidding about “hibernation”

Took @Kezo advice and got it started just went back to the original email invite to start the survey,and ive just completed it.

Sit back and put my feet up as suggested by Ohme and wait for one of their partners to get intouch.

MickC
                          Participant

Hey Michael

Our installation partner, ChargedEV, will be in touch soon to arrange a convenient date to install your new charger.

They’ll be reviewing the information you’ve provided so far, and they may ask for additional information if needed to plan your ideal installation.

https://www.chargedev.co.uk/

MickC
                            Participant
                              MickC
                              Participant

Installation day is 30th May i could have had 10th but thats a Friday never have work done on a Friday,workers thoughts on where they going out to on Friday nite,i want my installer to be fully focussed.

Elliot
                                Participant

Ohme are really doing my head in. They finally sent someone out to survey the installation, then on Friday emailed an invoice in dollars totally ignoring what the survey said. If this carries on then I’ll cancel my Enyaq (which I’m not that keen on getting anyway) and keep the BMW for another 2 years or until something decent comes on the scheme.

kezo
                                  Participant

Ohme are really doing my head in. They finally sent someone out to survey the installation, then on Friday emailed an invoice in dollars totally ignoring what the survey said. If this carries on then I’ll cancel my Enyaq (which I’m not that keen on getting anyway) and keep the BMW for another 2 years or until something decent comes on the scheme.

Hi Elliot, would you care to expand on the details on what the invoice include’s not mentioned in the survey?

Elliot
                                    Participant

Hi Elliot, would you care to expand on the details on what the invoice include’s not mentioned in the survey?

Hi Kezo, it just mentions standard cable but not the fact when the guy came out he said we needed a thicker cable due to us having 2 chargers installed. Also they are saying 25m of cable (charge for 10m) when the guy who came out says we need 20m. It’s like they’ve totally ignored the survey and just gone with what I originally sent over to them. There is no mention either of digging a trench for the cable to sit in. I also don’t understand either why the invoice is in dollars.

kezo
                                      Participant

Hi Kezo, it just mentions standard cable but not the fact when the guy came out he said we needed a thicker cable due to us having 2 chargers installed. Also they are saying 25m of cable (charge for 10m) when the guy who came out says we need 20m. It’s like they’ve totally ignored the survey and just gone with what I originally sent over to them. There is no mention either of digging a trench for the cable to sit in. I also don’t understand either why the invoice is in dollars.

EV Ultra cable has a current carrying capacity of 45 – 58A and a voltage drop of of 8 – 12 mV/A per meter, however two 7.2kW require there own individual circuits back at the consumer unit so, standard 6mm2 cable will be fine unless you are daisy chaining them, which will limit each charger to 3,6kW if both are used at the same time.

Its tough on their part if they haven’t charged for a trench!

Elliot
                                        Participant

EV Ultra cable has a current carrying capacity of 45 – 58A and a voltage drop of of 8 – 12 mV/A per meter, however two 7.2kW require there own individual circuits back at the consumer unit so, standard 6mm2 cable will be fine unless you are daisy chaining them, which will limit each charger to 3,6kW if both are used at the same time. Its tough on their part if they haven’t charged for a trench!

There’s definitely no charge for a trench just $283 for an extra 10m of cable.

kezo
                                          Participant

EV Ultra cable has a current carrying capacity of 45 – 58A and a voltage drop of of 8 – 12 mV/A per meter, however two 7.2kW require there own individual circuits back at the consumer unit so, standard 6mm2 cable will be fine unless you are daisy chaining them, which will limit each charger to 3,6kW if both are used at the same time. Its tough on their part if they haven’t charged for a trench!

Are you going to leave it then and hope they don’t say anything and pay the in $’s lol.

Elliot
                                            Participant

Are you going to leave it then and hope they don’t say anything and pay the in $’s lol.

I think I need to query it as I could end up with a large bill.

MickC
                                              Participant

Ohme delivered me the charger and cable today,without sending any notification that it was on its way,i was out and the delivery man left it with  a neighbour…..i did’nt want my neighbours to know i am getting an EV.

Still i could change my mind yet about the Enyak EV yet as its a long way off being built.

It came from Rhyl in North Wales………………..be a good title for a science fiction film that lol.

Rich44
                                                Participant

I would get a charger installed ASAP if you’ve ordered a car, doesn’t matter if the car won’t arrive for 6 months.

My charger install took 4 months to sort. BP as it was were useless I did everything they asked for but they dropped the ball every time. I got motability involved and they hot fed up with BP too. In the end I got a Hypervolt installed myself

I needed 3 visits from UK Power networks they changed cutout from 60A to 80A, then came out and looped us, then came back fitted a 100A fuse and cutout.

The fitter came out and did the rest took a lot of chasing and finger pointing. Flipping electric go tried to blame previous supplier for fitting the meter and didn’t report on nor upgrade meter tails. I’ll bet most of these issues are fixed now but there was a lot of argum

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.