Oh dear – FLOP 26

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167996 Reply
    ajn

Well don’t watch much BBC News, however this Morning I have, must say what a lethargic approach to COP 26…🥴

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168448 Reply
    Brydo

We don’t have ten years to disaster, the disaster is here now. The floods, the fires, the famine, the increase in temperature, the loss of life in cities all over the world due to air pollution etc etc etc etc.

#168450 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

We don’t have ten years to disaster, the disaster is here now. The floods, the fires, the famine, the increase in temperature, the loss of life in cities all over the world due to air pollution etc etc etc etc.

Have to agree, and going forward, if in a few years fires, floods etc are even more the norm, then insurance simply will not be able to cover the losses, vast swathes of land will be uninhabitable due to flood and others due to extreme heat. Then it will be too late, probably already is.

#168451 Reply
    ajn

Brydo do you think the aged world leaders are just sitting this out till they are no longer in power, Do the World need fresh up and coming younger leaders, people a bit more switched on to the worsening problem..

#168457 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Greta thinks COP26 has been a failure, I have criticised her in the past but this time she is spot on. The richest 1% emit 30 times more than the average. And the richest 10% 9 times. No politicians have the stomach to take the really tough decisions and it has to be global, basically impossible. la tierra está muriendo y no hay nada que podamos hacer o no hay nada que hagamos.

#168458 Reply
    ajn

The pollution caused by the whole thing, even the protesters to me is a failure before it started..

I can’t see how they can put a time limit on this subject, simply an excuse, the time limit has passed years ago, now it’s just prolonging the failure, I don’t mean to sound so negative about this but there’s not much proving positive other than good intention from most, however on a World Wide scale it’s not enough and never has been..

#168459 Reply
    ajn

👎🏽…la madre tierra llora 😠

#168460 Reply
    ajn

#168461 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

👎🏽…la madre tierra llora 😠

Sí, eso es. Es una situación muy triste, en hecho deprimente. en inglés, Yes thats right, its a sad situation, in fact depressing.

#168529 Reply
    ajn

Seems that girl is proving herself to be right about the Blah Blah Blah, it seems COP26 really is a FLOP as stated in the title early on..😳

#168535 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I  am gradually changing my opinion of her. I think we need to phase out things that many take for granted however will there be the willpower to do it?

#168723 Reply
    ajn

I’ve lost interest in COP 26, are there any promising stories coming from it, any updates or is it really just BLAH BLAH BLAH…

All the pollution of this thing to be held, and protested over seems crazy, adding to the problem for what results..

#168749 Reply
    ajn

#168753 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

IMHO even if we stop pumping nasties into the atmosphere right now it would take decades, maybe even millennia, to get back to where we were last century. The sea has been absorbing much of what has been emmitted over centuries and it will only slowly, gradually get back to where it was, last century, over many many decades.

It is unlikely, no impossible, we will keep temperatures rises to below 1.5 degrees, governments are not doing enough to make 1.5 degrees possible. Its not easy, there’s no doubt about that, but the financial and political costs are to big and the will to do what needs to be done is not there.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#168754 Reply
    ajn

It’s vey saddening but Brydo, I think you have a point, it’s been ignored for so long now, it’s really has taken its toll, hopefully somehow something can be reversed..

#169522 Reply
    ajn

Wooooooo seems it was flop 26 then, As for Biden I think it’s all over at the crying, also that woman (whatever her name is) got no chance at leading anything…

What next for America seems Biden just latched onto this..

Hopefully some good will come from COP 26..

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Oh dear – FLOP 26
Your information: