New Honda Jazz hybrid and cross star hybrid

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phaedra 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118497 Reply

Menorca Mike

Looks fantastic reviews on you tube very good 

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118498 Reply

Menorca Mike

#118499 Reply

Menorca Mike

#118500 Reply

Menorca Mike

#118501 Reply

Menorca Mike

Jazz ex hybrid auto top of the range £599 and cross star Ex £995 very high spec. Digital dash keyless sat nav Apple car play heated steering wheel magic seats etc

#118503 Reply

Gordon

Hi Mike, I’ve just found out that they don’t have the Crosstar but clearly the regular jazz will drive in the same way. I’ll give you my verdict after I’ve driven it.

#118504 Reply

Gordon

I’m sure that the EX version is actually £499

#118505 Reply

Menorca Mike

Yes same engine etc Gordon yes £499 a bargain for top of the range please let us all know what you think the visibility is fantastic as is the mpg etc I really don’t think the cross star is worth an extra £500 ?

#118507 Reply

Menorca Mike

Think it will be alone test drive Gordon see what mpg says on digital dash it said 64 on test drives on you tube

#118509 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Mike

I know you are keen on a good mpg, what sort of annual mileage do you do?

#118511 Reply

Menorca Mike

#118512 Reply

Gordon

Mike, I’ll definitely let you know. I’m test driving it in and around Inverness but I know there is a dealer in Swansea and Bridgend that are offering £500 off any Honda. It would still be worth a £26 one way flight from Inverness to Bristol and a coach or train to Bridgend. I’d still be saving at least £400 so might make the Crosstar more affordable. I can visit my elderly parents at the same time in Somerset.

#118516 Reply

Menorca Mike

My goodness Gordon that’s a good saving

#118519 Reply

Menorca Mike

Young Jazz on right 

#118520 Reply

Menorca Mike

Not to be confused with a jazz band 

#118522 Reply

Gordon

I must admit that I much prefer the look of the Crosstar but it’s the cost. I could get the EX effectively for nil. I think by the time you are ready to order Mike, it might be nil anyway as it’s not an expensive car to start with. If you compare it to the £31,000 Prius plus with an AP of £299.

#118523 Reply

Gordon

Ha ha ha, very good.

#118641 Reply

Gordon

Hi Mike,

Thats me back from my test drives. The usual extremely varied treatment from excellent at Honda to non existent at Mini.

The jazz was great to drive, lovely clear view and easy to use controls. I was getting about 63mpg but driving quite fast on dual carriageway some of the time. The seats were very comfortable. Boot space great and best of all, the Crosstar demonstrator arrives on Tuesday.

my only gripe was that it’s a firm ride and every little bump is magnified. I diddnt find it too noisy if you slam your foot down on the pedal. Although I like the heated steering wheel, I think I’d trade it off for the Crosstar which the sales person said was slightly longer as well as higher. It exudes more style than the EX but clearly comes at a price.

#118646 Reply

Menorca Mike

What a shame about the ride Gordon will the cross star be the same ride ? Oh dear it may still be the CHR design the ride is nice on that

#118656 Reply

Gordon

Mike, I think it’s a car that I’d need longer in and another test drive. It was really amusing though as I’ve never experienced lane departure warning before so when I needed to move across the lane to turn off on the dual carriageway and there was not a car in sight, I diddnt bother indicating and just moved across as there was no need. Well, it was like a cross between a tyre blowout and driving over some ice! The steering went weird, the display flashed up that I’d deviated from the lane, I honestly thought something dreadful had happened. Then I realised that in order to prevent that experience you must use the indicator, even if there is no need. Good practice to do it but it was a shock the first time.

I will try the crosstar, he is going to phone me next week to arrange a test drive so I’m looking forward to that. It was certainly as that video showed, a very light, bright and roomy cabin. I did have a discussion with the sales guy about the ‘wipeable’ seats in the crosstar, handy for anyone prone to accidents. We agreed it was to compliment its rugged looks, handy for outdoors people with muddy dogs rather than the former.

#118657 Reply

Gordon

I forgot to say that I might have well been invisible at the Mini garage and the fiat sales person should have retired when the internal combustion engine was invented. He would have been more at home in the age of steam!

#118673 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Interesting view on the Jazz Gordon, I like light cabins and easy to use controls. Be interesting to see what you think of the Crosstar.

Shame about the other makes, I had a really snotty condescending Toyota salesman about 25 years ago, my wife and I left abruptly and  haven’t ventured into a Toyota dealership since!  Although I have recently thought I might take a look at them come next renewal, I don’t hold grudges, lol.

#118682 Reply

Gordon

Bandit

Its so disappointing when you get such poor service. I was astonished that the salesperson in the Fiat garage told me that Jaguar Landrover have just stopped selling cars through motability. It was at that point that I knew that he didn’t know anything at all about the scheme! I asked about a factory build as there would be options that I would want and he told me that I would just have to have what other dealers had ordered, apparently there is no demand for tinted rear privacy glass! It was one of those moments where I just wanted to get away as quickly as possible.

#118719 Reply

Menorca Mike

Gordon google Honda cross star reviews and read the Sunday times reviews says the cross star is 29 mm higher so maybe a better ride ? They say new Toyota Yaris is coming out with new Hybrid engine and will do over 100 mpg !,

#118732 Reply

Gordon

Hi Mike,

I had considered a Yaris a while ago but with the new model coming out, it might be something to hang on for. My gut feeling is that the crosstar will come down in price as its twice the AP of the EX model and the only really difference is height and cosmetic. The sales person said that Honda had made a mistake and grossly underestimated how popular the crosstar would be in relation to the regular Jazz. He said that had built lots and lots of the Jazz thinking it would outsell the Crosstar and its clearly the other way around.

#118733 Reply

Menorca Mike

Gordon have you looked at Kia Niro hybrid auto nil advance payment good spec very economical etc looks nice in met red

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: New Honda Jazz hybrid and cross star hybrid

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: