My wife died tonight how can I go on

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141245 Reply
    Martinod

I am so so sad I don’t know what to do my wife (51) (jude) died tonight  in Monklands hospital after being in hospital for a month , I was with her I held her hand as she past away

we were married for 32 years

she was my life I don’t know what to do , I miss her so much

i don’t know how I can go on without her

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141246 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I am so deeply sorry Martin. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

#141249 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m so sorry

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#141253 Reply
    joss

Oh Martin. I am so sorry to read this sad news of your beloved wife’s passing. I hope that you have family and friends that can support you at this difficult time. I know at this time everything is so hard to deal with, But at some point I urge you to make contact with a bereavement counselling service. They can offer support to you in so many ways.

You are in my thoughts Martin.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141255 Reply
    MickC

Stay strong Martin,you must be devastated with losing her,look to all the good times you shared,grief can seem like a bottom less pit that you cannot climb out of but you will.

God Bless.

#141256 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh Martin, so sorry to hear of your wife’s death. I know everything will sound like platitudes but, please, stay strong. Think of all the wonderful good times from those 32 years.

#141258 Reply
    Brydo

Martinod oh my god so sorry my friend what can anyone say at a time like this. Life is so precious you must be devastated.

I don’t know if you are religious but my wife is and if it’s ok with you I will ask  her to pray for you both.

#141262 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Terribly sad news Martin.  There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

#141264 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

My thoughts are with you Martin and I’m lost of words.

#141297 Reply
    MickC

#141298 Reply
    psuader

Martin, Im so sorry to hear this. Ask yourself what Jude would say if she could advise you. Im sure it will be the right advice. Stay strong and believe in better times ahead. You have many shoulders to lean on here.

#141300 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

My deepest sympathies.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#141308 Reply
    Daf

Martinod at a time like this words are so inadequate. Please accept my family and my sincerest condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#141311 Reply
    ajn

Sorry to hear your loss Martinod, truly saddening..

#141312 Reply
    Lou

Sometimes in life there simply isn’t the right words….please know you are in my thoughts and I send my deepest most sincere condolences.

Be kind to yourself martinod and do what ever you feel you can manage in that given moment. Know all of us here on WMC are here ready to envelope you in as much support you may need/want. My heart goes out to you and yours now in over the coming months

#141430 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this, there are no words but know I’m thinking about you, please take care of yourself.

#141508 Reply
    brydo

Martinod just wondering how you are, sometimes having a wee chat can help. So if you read this please feel free to let us know how you are coping, even if you can’t bring yourself to comment at any length it would be good to know your OK.

#141527 Reply
    Martinod

Thanks everyone for your nice comments

hi brydo

I had to go to the funeral parlour today to discuss stuff  because of COVID  we need to just go to the grave side  only 20 people allowed  and no wake they said  it’s going to be about 2/3 weeks before judes funeral  , you need to pay half  the cost up front , dwp stop judes pip and Carers benefit from Friday till they sort it out ,

i don’t know what I’m doing I’m in a daze, l’m not sleeping much  ,

It’s been so hard I am so sad all the time and I’m crying all the time,

#141541 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Martinod ive written a different reply to your post four or five times and deleted each one. Everything i wrote seemed inadequate, the words didn’t  match the despair of your situation.

So i will just say i am thinking of you and your family at this terrible time.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#141544 Reply
    ajn

Brydo you’re so right there, checked in last night, I too attempted to reply to Martinod’s loss, however I couldn’t I did the worst thing and clammed up..

Hope in some way Martinod it brings some sort of help knowing that people are here thinking of you at this time..

#141545 Reply
    joss

I know what your saying @Brydo and @ajn It is difficult enough to physically talk to someone about losing a loved one, let alone write about it. Suffice to say, Martin you remain in our daily thoughts. We are always hear to listen should you wish talk.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141555 Reply
    Georgie

Oh, Martinod, I’ve only just now read of your loss and I’m so, so sorry.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  I hope and believe that, together, you will all find the strength to get through this difficult time.

#141619 Reply
    brydo

Keep talking to us martinod.

#141625 Reply
    Martinod

The funeral parlour haven’t given me a date yet for judes  funeral is going to be 2/3 weeks.

kids away to bed and I’m sitting here drinking a hunny alcohol with a bee on it

listing to

Phil colins, Eric Clapton wonderful tonight, Chris de Burgh  lady in red  .

#141697 Reply
    Martinod

Funeral parlour called today they’ve gave a date for judes funeral 22 March 21 but no time yet

#141700 Reply
    Pudsey
    Participant

Martin I’ve only just read this dreadful news, and my heart goes out to you and your family. There is nothing anyone can say to ease the pain you feel right now, so I can only offer this – the next few weeks are for getting through as best you can. Certain things must be done, accept any help offered and remember you and the kids are still a family who love each other. All seems very dark just now, but believe me when I say that there will come a time when all the good memories overcome the sorrow. Thirty two years does not just disappear, hold onto them and you and the family will find a way to carry on together. I wish you well.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
Reply To: My wife died tonight how can I go on
Your information: