My Peugeot 308 SW arrived today (pics)

• Creator
    Topic
    Johnsnow95
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Peugeot 308 was ordered on March 16 this year with a delivery estimate for anywhere between mid August and October.</p>

Imagine my surprise waking up to this text (May 28).

We went down and had a look but unfortunately couldn’t drive it away today.

It will still be another week and a half before it can be driven. They have to add plates and a few other things. Apparently I’m the first person in the city to get one, and one of the first in the UK.

Just some initial thoughts if you’ve ordered one and are interested:
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>- It’s better looking and bigger in person. Much longer than I anticipated.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>- The white, red and light grey (cumulus grey) are the best colours I.M.O. That’s entirely subjective, but I went with a friend and a few family members who said the same. The Avatar Blue is nice – as are all the colours – but it’s not as vibrant as in the promotional pictures.</p>
      – The rear seat space is very disappointing. There are hatchbacks with more leg room. It’s quite abysmal to be honest for a car this long. The boot is massive however. It’s not a dealbreaker for me – 90% of the time there will be 1 or 2 people in the car – but I would have preferred to have had a smaller boot and more rear leg room. The car also feels very dark and claustrophobic inside due to the black headliner, no sunroof and very dark tinted privacy glass. As a family car I would be looking at the 3008 or something else.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

I really wanted the 308 (non SW version) but after sitting in one at the Motability event i just couldn’t find a position where the steering wheel wasn’t a problem.

Car History:
        Ford Fiesta
        Vauxhall Astra Mk6
        Mazda 3
        BMW 2 Series Coupe
        Mercedes A Class
        Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Current Car, ending lease early)

gilders
        Participant

That’s great news @Johnsnow95, bet you’re very pleased.

Good looking car too!

wibbuk
          Participant

hi,@johnsnows95.i waiting my self for the same car.its a very good looking car.after seeing yours I’m tempted to change the colour to white,i ordered it in nimbus grey.im wondering was there any standard specs missing.i was told the 3d cluster screen and wifi charger would be missing.and how long did you have to wait.i was told about the end of October so from date of order it will be 6 months.like your self I’m worried it will be too small in the back of the car.both me and my wife are wheelchair users and my wife struggles to get in the back of smaller cars.normally go for bigger estates, but the 306 sw has a huge boot.happy you got your car.

Johnsnow95
            Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi @wibbuk, honestly it looks even better in person than in pictures – you will love it. I saw a nimbus grey at the dealership too and it was stunning. When I go to pick up my car I will try to grab a picture for you and post it here.</p>
              <p style=”text-align: left;”>If you’re thinking of changing colour, do it as soon as you can. Paint is in the latter stages of production so you should be able to change it before then.</p>
              Personally I’d rank the colours:

Pearl white

Elixir red

Cumulus Grey

Nimbus Grey

Black

But that’s just my opinion. They are all 9/10 and headturners, but the lighter colours contrast the black accents and highlight the grill more.

My spec is also missing the 3d cluster and wireless charging.

By the time I collect it I would have waited a total of just under 3 months. I ordered it in Mid March and will collect around the 6th – 10th of June. It seems the 6 month estimates are a worse case scenario for Peugeot. At the moment they’re delivering cars much faster than that.

And finally regarding the rear seat space, I didn’t take a picture (I’ll try to do that next time) but these are pics from the internet.

That actually looks more spacious than mine. I think my front seats were pushed back. My knees were almost touching the seat in front. The front seat may have been pushed back, but still, you’d expect more leg room from an estate car. It’s about the same amount of space as a modern hatchback like a VW Golf. But the rear boot is more than big enough to hold two folding wheel chairs.

What engine you go for John? I was surprised they never put in a 1.2 155 like I have on my Citroën C4 as the 2008 has it.

mind the C4 is the only one that has the option for the 155 in the Citroën range the rest has 1.2 110 and 130.

Rico

you will hate me for saying this, but until last tuesday I had a order for a sportage fhev until I test drove one of these, But I used my investigating telephone manner and found one in pearl white with upgraded 7kw charger that they were willing to let go. canceled sportage order this and collect wed :O

Participant

That looks very smart John. I bet you can’t wait to drive her

22 reg Hyundai i20 Ultimate bi tone white with black roof

solent60
                    Participant

I currently have a 208 GT Premium which I took for its 1st service last month. Love the car to bits by the way! Anyway, I was talking to my dealer about the new 308. They were waiting for 4 to be delivered a few days later – one as a demo and three for sale to the public. I told him the new 308 GT looks stunning from all the (many) reviews I’d seen on the internet – especially in that metallic green. He told me that if I want one, when my car goes in for its 2nd service in April next year, he would order me one to avoid any waiting at changeover… a whole year early. Can’t argue with that.

Johnsnow95
                      Participant

you will hate me for saying this, but until last tuesday I had a order for a sportage fhev until I test drove one of these, But I used my investigating telephone manner and found one in pearl white with upgraded 7kw charger that they were willing to let go. canceled sportage order this and collect wed :O

I’m still going to tell people I have the only one in the UK.

Please stay out of the Midlands.

Lol.  I’m just kidding. Enjoy your new car.

Johnsnow95
                        Participant

I currently have a 208 GT Premium which I took for its 1st service last month. Love the car to bits by the way! Anyway, I was talking to my dealer about the new 308. They were waiting for 4 to be delivered a few days later – one as a demo and three for sale to the public. I told him the new 308 GT looks stunning from all the (many) reviews I’d seen on the internet – especially in that metallic green. He told me that if I want one, when my car goes in for its 2nd service in April next year, he would order me one to avoid any waiting at changeover… a whole year early. Can’t argue with that.

Good idea. I saw the green 308. It looked dull in the dimly lit showroom but was a very stunning colour when it was driven out and the natural light hit it. The red and blue were nice too.

solent60
                          Participant

Good idea. I saw the green 308. It looked dull in the dimly lit showroom but was a very stunning colour when it was driven out and the natural light hit it. The red and blue were nice too.

Definitely stunning in the sunlight alright! Luckily, I like my cars in bright colours… such as my current 208 GT :

Rico
                            Participant

I’m still going to tell people I have the only one in the UK. Please stay out of the Midlands. Lol. I’m just kidding. Enjoy your new car.

Its ok dont worry, I am already thinking wed I will be the first down south with it 😛 but thanks for the picture it really enforces that pearl white was the best choice. It was also nice to find out that for others if they order premium paint does not cost extra to us, which was a first to me.

Johnsnow95
                              Participant

Just to clarify, did you pay extra for the paint? For me it was £150. I won’t be paying that if others haven’t. Also they removed the wireless charging and 3d cluster so I was already expecting an advance payment discount.

joss

Having watched the video johnsnow95 posted, I am very interested in the 308 GT hybrid. What a stunning looker it is. Loads of tech on board and that metallic green is to die for.

Just fired off my details to local dealer.

Joss
                                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Johnsnow95
                                  Participant

Having watched the video johnsnow95 posted, I am very interested in the 308 GT hybrid. What a stunning looker it is. Loads of tech on board and that metallic green is to die for. Just fired off my details to local dealer.

You can also see the green 308 in the background of the 5th picture in the original top post. It’s not very vibrant on overcast days, which is most days in the UK lol but when the sun came out it looked a few shades lighter and looked closer to what you see in the video.

Rico
                                    Participant

Just to clarify, did you pay extra for the paint? For me it was £150. I won’t be paying that if others haven’t. Also they removed the wireless charging and 3d cluster so I was already expecting an advance payment discount.

Nope I did not and when I was enquiring about one every single dealer from kent to surrey said of course not peugeot dont charge for the premium paints on motability.

If I was you I would say when you go to collect if they see different that your willing to phone a random dealer and ask about the paint on loudspeaker and so he can here them say that… (last one I spoke to before i found the car that I am collecting this week and not paid for premium paint) was mashals in ashford if you want to pick a random one like that dealer to call in front of him. My dealer has claimed the charger and cockpit are still there but the heated steering wheel is missing, option is there but it does not work… but he also confirmed that it seems all the ones with leather interior seem to have the charger and 3d cockpit installed.

Rico
                                      Participant

Having watched the video johnsnow95 posted, I am very interested in the 308 GT hybrid. What a stunning looker it is. Loads of tech on board and that metallic green is to die for. Just fired off my details to local dealer.

I actually got a test drive in one, my local dealer in canterbury were letting people test drive them and all other dealers were saying no demo until end of may under peugeot orders lol…

Johnsnow95
                                        Participant

I was under the impression Motability only cover metallic paints. Any metallic paint, even ones that cost extra, are free on the scheme. However any non-metallic paints such as pearlescent/satin/matte are viewed as unnecessary extras and are added to the A.P on pickup day.

I think this is also in the FAQ section on the Motability site. It was also the same for my prior two cars (Merc A Class and Peugeot 3008).

Are you sure the dealers weren’t referring to optional colours in general? They are £545 extra, but included for free with motability.

Perhaps on Wednesday if you can confirm that you didn’t pay any extra that would be great. Only if you remember. No problem if not.

wibbuk
                                          Participant

Johnsnow95 you do not have to pay for the paint unless it a special colour which is the most expensive on the list.I ordered mine in Alford Kent and the lady salesperson explained it was no charge,they did try to mess me about with the steering ball,wanted me to have the Logitech Which is an extra £50 + £50 for the hand controls.I went with the cowl push and pull.they said at first the remote boot would be missing and for me that was something I’ve wanted on a car in a long time so was thinking of cancelling,then told me it was a mistake,it will be on the car.I also asked if there going to reduce my deposit for the missing 3d cluster and Wi-Fi charger and they said they wouldn’t.I’m not parting with any money or code unless they do.if I was a private customer they would have to.3d cluster is £1,100 option on lesser than gt premium model.Wi-Fi charger I can’t find how much that is.if you don’t ask you don’t get,but don’t give up your number to quick if you haven’t picked up yet.

Rico
                                            Participant

You can also see the green 308 in the background of the 5th picture in the original top post. It’s not very vibrant on overcast days, which is most days in the UK lol but when the sun came out it looked a few shades lighter and looked closer to what you see in the video.

are you after green hatchback or estate? because if its the estate give bristol street motors oxford a call, if its the hatchback in green give harlow a call as both these dealers have the model in stock so you might get lucky

Rico
                                              Participant

Perhaps on Wednesday if you can confirm that you didn’t pay any extra that would be great. Only if you remember. No problem if not.

I actually can confirm this before wend as the dealers I rang round confirmed their was no extra charge for pearls which cost more than colours you listed, I also asked the question when purchasing this in stock one and I have already done the bank transfer of the money too.

Rico
                                                Participant

@joss sorry my mistake, oxford have one in the pearl red (estate) and harlow a hatchback in pearl red (Pearl – Elixir red | Automatic) @johnsnow95 sorry for hijacking your post

joss

are you after green hatchback or estate? because if its the estate give bristol street motors oxford a call, if its the hatchback in green give harlow a call as both these dealers have the model in stock so you might get lucky

Thanks but they are a bit far to travel really. However I guess you could get a car from them and have it serviced etc up here.

Joss
                                                    Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Rico
                                                    Participant

Thanks but they are a bit far to travel really. However I guess you could get a car from them and have it serviced etc up here.

my last two cars have actually been like that in that I have rung round, been prepaired to travel and flexible on color and from phone call to collection has been 6 days max.  I get them serviced locally to as you dont have to take them to the dealer you purchased them from.

Johnsnow95
                                                      Participant

Got some clarification from Motability and the Dealer today.

So as standard, only metallic paints are covered. Pearlescent is extra. I mentioned your case, and they said it’s entirely situational and not the norm. If a dealer has a car ready to go, they may waive the extra pearl cost to try and sell it as fast as possible.

That’s different from placing a fresh order.

In regards to the Advance Payment, I spoke to two separate people at Motability who said they can’t offer a discount. The Dealer also can’t offer a discount.  To make any progress on that front I’d have to switch into a different gear and speak to people higher up and be more firm, but I don’t want to spoil the relationship with the dealer.

But when he could sense my disapoointment, he offered to waive the pearl cost. So all in all I’d say that’s a good result. 40 minutes speaking to different people but I’ve saved £150 on the pearl paint.

Not perfect, if I was a normal retail customer they would have knocked off even more, but putting everything into consideration it’s not a bad result.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.