My Peugeot 308 SW arrived today (pics)

• Creator
    Topic
    Johnsnow95
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Peugeot 308 was ordered on March 16 this year with a delivery estimate for anywhere between mid August and October.</p>

Imagine my surprise waking up to this text (May 28).

We went down and had a look but unfortunately couldn’t drive it away today.

It will still be another week and a half before it can be driven. They have to add plates and a few other things. Apparently I’m the first person in the city to get one, and one of the first in the UK.

Just some initial thoughts if you’ve ordered one and are interested:
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>- It’s better looking and bigger in person. Much longer than I anticipated.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>- The white, red and light grey (cumulus grey) are the best colours I.M.O. That’s entirely subjective, but I went with a friend and a few family members who said the same. The Avatar Blue is nice – as are all the colours – but it’s not as vibrant as in the promotional pictures.</p>
      – The rear seat space is very disappointing. There are hatchbacks with more leg room. It’s quite abysmal to be honest for a car this long. The boot is massive however. It’s not a dealbreaker for me – 90% of the time there will be 1 or 2 people in the car – but I would have preferred to have had a smaller boot and more rear leg room. The car also feels very dark and claustrophobic inside due to the black headliner, no sunroof and very dark tinted privacy glass. As a family car I would be looking at the 3008 or something else.

Viewing 12 replies - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

@Rico I am happy with my choice of petrol only. Maybe we can compare when I get mine.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Rico
        Participant

you will love it either way bud, suprising car completely and if peugoet keep this up they will be selling twice the amount of cars.

one thing I noticed on my travels no more sitting in showrooms, my local had 6 in the front of showroom, all gone now.

joss

yeah they are hot stuff and flying off the showrooms. One question I have is, does the infotainment handle phone text messages?

Joss

Rico
            Participant

yes via android auto and apple car play only though.

but it does this wirelessly so no need for cable

Almaniac

Hi. Mine was a stock car but had to pay full price for leather, it was take it or wait for a build date.

Charging from three pin at 3kw, can charge overnight inside my 4 hour slot at 5p per KW. My maths says full battery for 60p is this correct

I have programmed the seat which is fine but should it move backwards when getting out, which would help my legs slide pass the steering wheel.

loving the car but not had engine running yet, also even when fully charged it only displays 33 miles but does not drop as fast as miles covered.

Thanks all for the tips on how to do things keep it up

Johnsnow95
                Participant

Some fuel economy figures for the petrol if you’re interested.

That was on a recent trip to ASDA. 51mpg. 70% residential streets, 30% dual carriageway.

Cruising at 70 on the motorway: 55 – 70mpg on level ground. 40 – 60mpg on a slight incline. 100mpg or beyond on a slope.

In very built up areas, in traffic, and doing a lot of stop/starting, don’t expect anything over 35mpg. Some of my short journeys have even been 23mpg.

Overall my average over 600ish miles has been 33.9mpg, but I drove very enthusiastically for most of the 600 miles. It’s only in the past few days that I’ve driven more efficiently and have been averaging 40 – 50 mpg.

kezo
                  Participant

@Rico I am happy with my choice of petrol only. Maybe we can compare when I get mine.

Posted this earlier and not sure if it will affect your order @joss.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/stellantis-production-stoppages-in-france-linked-to-continental-sources-say/

joss

@kezo yes I had read it earlier and was thinking along the same lines. Only time will tell kezo.

Joss

Rico

Don’t want to rub it in but this one had 7kw charger (don’t even think dealer knew as he neither asked for or wanted extra or mentioned it) which means full charge in 1 and half hours local Tesco is free so I do a hour there Monday to Friday before picking so up watching Netflix 😛

so mpg is

Davina

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We are very much interested in the hybrid SW premium. I would be looking for a discount on the AP if the 3d cockpit, wireless charger and heated steering wheel isn’t available. Has anyone been able to get a discount on that basis?</p>
                          Thanks

joss

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We are very much interested in the hybrid SW premium. I would be looking for a discount on the AP if the 3d cockpit, wireless charger and heated steering wheel isn’t available. Has anyone been able to get a discount on that basis?</p> Thanks

I rang my dealership about discount due to missing items (listed on my thread)  But his reply was that it is a manufacture issue, not a dealership issue. So no, there would be no recompense from the dealership. It would have to come from the manufacturer. dealer is going to look into it…

Joss

Johnsnow95
                            Participant

Hi Davina, I had a hard time getting a reduction on the AP.

The dealership can’t change the advance payment, that’s for sure. They refer you to Motability or the Manufacturer.

Motability also said they can’t adjust the advance payment, citing that when you put pen to paper you agreed to the car being delivered as is.

If, as in my case, you ordered the car with those features and then they changed it, the dealer will always contact you first and ask if you’re happy to proceed with those changes. If not, you can cancel the order.

I proceeded but only on the condition that they reduce the AP. The dealer said to me (I still have texts as proof) that they would look into it closer to the delivery date and that they’re sure we could work something out. I went forward only on that basis. Then they changed it and said they can’t do anything about the AP.

The end result was they knocked off the extra £150 for the pearl white paint (which is free at some dealers anyway).

Expect something similar to that as a resolution. They probably won’t reduce the AP but they can knock off any extras. Or…you could ask them to deliver the car with a full tank. That’s £100 with today’s fuel prices.

The only other option is to contact the manufacturer because they say they will “offer support” to anyone inconvenienced by the spec changes. I couldn’t be bothered. But if you pursue  that you might be able to squeeze something out of them.

Just finally, you really won’t miss the wireless charger or 3d display. The cable charges way faster and the cable is hidden – it pops out of arm rest. So there’s no messy cables and your phone has a nice slot to go in.

Viewing 12 replies - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.