Mot required?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145340 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

I terminated my contract early so I could order another car, as the boot on the qashqui won’t fit my new scooter, (I’m using my old one for now) I’m happy with the qashqui but wanted to get on and order one with the right size boot for me.

If my new grandland turns up on time it will be July, the qashqui is not three years old till the end of September, on my online motability account it states my new order, then under current car it does say please get the car an MOT before I hand it back (something along those words anyway.

I spoke to vauxhall who I’m handing the car back in too, and they said not to worry because it won’t be due, and I spoke to a lovely lady at motability and she said she’s pretty sure that vauxhall are right, but not 100%, what would you guys do cause like I say it’s not three till the 30th of September and I should fingers crossed get my grandland in July?

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Richy.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145347 Reply
    John Newton
    Participant

I wouldn’t bother if there will be two months left, my previous two two were done within the final my current Skoda had to have but only because my Mercedes was delayed six months thankfully I’m picking up at eleven o’clock tomorrow.

No is a stupid word

#145355 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

I wouldn’t bother if there will be two months left, my previous two two were done within the final my current Skoda had to have but only because my Mercedes was delayed six months thankfully I’m picking up at eleven o’clock tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply, I did think it was a bit strange asking for one  before it’s due, although the way car delivery dates are, I can see it being delayed well past july

#145358 Reply
    Michael Turner

Hi, As long as you hand your car into the dealer prior to the mot due date then that’s fine, I have done this twice no problems, cheers Mike

#145362 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

Thanks Mike , hopefully my new car turns up when stated now, although I have prepared myself for a long delay, so I probably will end up having to MOT it when it’s due, bloody pandemic.

#145626 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

What happens with all used Motability vehicles on their return, is they go off the BCA auctions to be sold. Motability like a fresh mot on their cars as it’s more attractive for the bidders.

#145629 Reply
    Kev

Offered to the dealer first,then put on a special website for all dealers to purchase

#145630 Reply
    Kev

M.O.T is done before the 3 years are up on the guarantee so any issues with car can be fixed at no charge if it falls inside this cover.

#145633 Reply
    kbfern

My 2018 Tiguan is having it’s MOT today which is just over 1 month before the lease ends. My next car is ordered but won’t arrive till end early July. Like above poster said they want an MOT done just before 3 yrs old so if any defects are found that are under warranty can be done FOC.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Mot required?
Your information: