Hyundai Ioniq 5

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160347 Reply
    Matthew

Just watched a review of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 , what a car looks amazing, do you think would ever make the scheme?

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163923 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Finally got to see one close up while I was recently in Northern Ireland. Very impressed and would love to see it on the scheme but can’t see it happening.

#163926 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Is it me but on the tv advert it looks like 80s styling ?

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#164051 Reply
    James cheer

Would love to see this or the kia ev6 come to the scheme both amazing looking cars

#164052 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The cheapest EV6 will be £41000 – i doubt it’ll make it onto the scheme, with these weird rules about cheap base model and expensive trims or whatever they’re doing.

There’s £45k Peugeots on the scheme, but only (apparently) because there’s cheap base models for it. Cars starting at £41k won’t make it.

#164055 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Yes the scheme is ridiculous when it comes to the price of vehicles regarding what is allowed and what isn’t. It’s about time Motability scrapped these stupid rules regarding price, horsepower etc. especially now we are talking EV’s.

#164115 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Given the ever decreasing choice and numbers, Motability I feel, need to explore other options including raising BHP and price limits. Any additional cars will be generally welcome.

#164117 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

While welcome, i don’t think that needs to happen right now – it wouldn’t change anything. Car dealerships still wouldn’t sell the higher BHP cars etc to Motability (or, in fact, any fleet customers), because they “need” to make money in times where production collapsed by what, 50%.

Cars are not coming off the scheme (at the moment, anyway) because they’re too powerful or expensive – but because car manufacturers simply won’t sell them to fleet operations. The only solution to that would be to throw more money at it, use those billions in reserve funds to offer manufacturers a better price. That was the reserve fund is supposed to be used for in the first place – issues with supply.

edit: at least that’s how i understand it.

#164135 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Upping the BHP limit for a start would bring on models or derivatives of models that currently can’t be on the scheme. In my search for a company car I regularly search around to see what’s available from stock and I find plenty of higher powered cars are available compared to lower powered cars from the same manufacturer.

#164143 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Upping the BHP limit for a start would bring on models or derivatives of models that currently can’t be on the scheme. In my search for a company car I regularly search around to see what’s available from stock and I find plenty of higher powered cars are available compared to lower powered cars from the same manufacturer.

This wouldn’t solve the current issue of the scheme though, namely manufacturers prioritising private buyers because that’s where they make money.

As an example take the Mercedes GLA. It had its premium plus trim removed due to the shortage – that wouldn’t change if they’d offered the GLA200 instead of the GLA180. Same for cars that just flat out got removed from the scheme – it doesn’t make a difference how much BHP it has, it’s the fact that there’s not enough capacity to serve both private and fleet markets. Take the Tiguan. They removed all variants of the Tiguan because they want to sell it to private buyers. Adding the Tiguan R would not solve that (albeit, adding the Tiguan eTSI may do so).

Note, i’m not against raising all limits (bhp, price, age restriction etc) – i’m just saying that for the current slump heading towards less than 1000 cars on the scheme, raising the limits would just do nothing.

#164200 Reply
    James cheer

Seen the Ioniq 5 today they do look amazing my local dealer had 6 or so of the car around the dealership was honestly surprised to see so many there

#164218 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

Seen the Ioniq 5 today they do look amazing my local dealer had 6 or so of the car around the dealership was honestly surprised to see so many there

They are so popular that what you saw was 6 or so Ioniq staff members cars parked there. Go back at closing time and you’ll see none.

#164223 Reply
    James cheer

I’m not sure to be honest 4 of them still had all the plastics foam and no number plate on them 2 was in the test drive section and one in the showroom so may have been there so may be orders but if they can have that many delivered to a show room mean stock shouldn’t be to low right now 🤔

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Ioniq 5
Your information: