Hyundai Ioniq 5

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160347 Reply
    Matthew

Just watched a review of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 , what a car looks amazing, do you think would ever make the scheme?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160351 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Would be nice if it did but sadly I can’t see it.

#160352 Reply
    Matthew

They start from £37000 to about £42000 . I no some others cars on the scheme are as much or even more

#160354 Reply
    joss

Just watched a review of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 , what a car looks amazing, do you think would ever make the scheme?

Link to the review would be nice @Matthew

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160355 Reply
    Matthew

I’m sorry not sure how to send a link .. was on YouTube autotrader Hyundai Ioniq 5 .

#160356 Reply
    Matthew

With a bit of help from my daughter lol

#160357 Reply
    Ted

This would be ace as the back seat move forward so can make boot bigger.

#160358 Reply
    Matthew

Is definitely one of the best looking cars I’ve seen for a long while ,, Hyundai are making some very good looking cars

#160361 Reply
    Ian

Want one!

#160362 Reply
    Matthew

Yeah think I’d go for one if I could

#160370 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Great video, Matthew. Presenter bloke is very natural and there’s no sodding about with arty-farty special fx. Just a bloke telling you about a car. Talking of which, the Ioniq 5’s design is like the ghost of Bauhaus come back to teach us how to do things properly. Would definitely like one although I suspect it’ll be ages before the price becomes appropriate enough to make that possible.

Also on the videos by reviewer bloke is a piece about the science of batteries which could potentially charge in around five minutes. Worth a view…

#160418 Reply
    joss

I’m sorry not sure how to send a link .. was on YouTube autotrader Hyundai Ioniq 5 .

Good job @Matthew for daughter helping you out. However if you look at the top left you will find a guide to help you with how to post. Registering and posting help. Located under Forum Favourites.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160435 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I might take a look at one of these for my company car depending on availability.

#160479 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Hyundai Will Dominate In Miles Of Range Added Per Minute

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#160582 Reply
    Ted

Just hope we get it as the vw id4 was to high for me in my wheelchair to transfer.

#160592 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I am hoping the 73 kWh long range comes on the scheme, until now we have been limited to a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to tow our 1500kg caravan, ideally we would loved to go full EV. At present we are averaging 120 mpg including towing over the past 12 months/7000 miles saving a fortune compared to our previous Ford Kuga diesel powershift 40mpg.

I have done some research apparently the Hyundai Ioniq 5 73 kWh long range can tow 1600 kg

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#162648 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

My local dealership has one of these outside the showroom. I was shocked at just how big it is plus for a change it’s an EV that looks like a normal car.

Must go down there soon and have a proper look at it.

#162656 Reply
    Chris

@elliot I went down to look at the car the dealer wasn’t very polite about me looking as it is a 42 grand car and it wasn’t on the scheme so be aware they might be rude but hopefully you won’t get that experience that I had

#162665 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@elliot I went down to look at the car the dealer wasn’t very polite about me looking as it is a 42 grand car and it wasn’t on the scheme so be aware they might be rude but hopefully you won’t get that experience that I had

The guys at my local dealership are ok and they know I’m on the lookout for a company car.

#162667 Reply
    AndyDStone
    Participant

Bearing in mind their sister company (Kia) sells some minger EVs, I think this one is right on the money, it looks very 80’s. It makes the VW ID, Audi E-Tron, BMW i series, Merc EQ series look boring…

#162676 Reply
    Ted

just hope will be on the scheme one day as is the right height for me to transfer from wheelchair as the vw id4 is to high for me.

#162766 Reply
    Ian

I would think there’s zero chance of this coming on to the scheme. Over the last 10 years the scheme has been decimated. When you look at what was available then and how much it was compared with now. If this trend continues the trajectory only leads one way. The scheme will end up being tiny and have an estate, a hatchback, and a saloon car. I can’t see how it will go any other way.

#162774 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ian BEVs will be much cheaper soon, so the scheme will have cars like this, and many others on so no need to worry.

#162815 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It’s possible this car could be on the scheme perhaps as early as next year. A wider choice of electric cars will be welcomed by many.

#162820 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It’s a car that would certainly make me consider switching to a BEV once my lease is up.

#162821 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It’s got a lot going for it and would be an ideal addition to the scheme.

This chip shortage will affect things for many months to come but hopefully some time next year it could be on.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Ioniq 5
Your information: