Games

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174129 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I have played a few games, but there are two that I keep coming back to Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Tower Wars.

I must confess to enjoying the FPC genre but they are a bit samey. And the same could be said with tower defence games, but I just love em.

Have you a guilty pleasure?

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174141 Reply
    ajn

#174142 Reply
    ajn

Sleep problems, so when my mind is totally knackered I play this usually in sets of 100, boring I guess..

#174145 Reply
    joss

I have played a few games, but there are two that I keep coming back to Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Tower Wars. I must confess to enjoying the FPC genre but they are a bit samey. And the same could be said with tower defence games, but I just love em. Have you a guilty pleasure?

Wolfenstein is a classic I have to say. Played many moons ago. I was more into team play games and was heavily into the Battle field franchise, from BF2 right the way through to BF4. Also games like Arma, realistic war games. Also love the search and destroy on many games.

Sadly I no longer play due to tremors in my hands and muscle spasms.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#174156 Reply
    Georgie

I used to play Doom (the original 1993 version) and Quake for hours and hours.  Loved them!  Unreal tournament, too.

Unfortunately I can’t play FP/FPS games any more because they give me motion sickness.  Not even the slow-paced stuff such as the Myst series (loved those) or the Tomb Raiders.  

Now my Go-to games are the Don’t Starve range and bits and pieces that take my fancy – Limbo and Tharsis are good for a half-hour diversion.

#174216 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Doom – now we’re talking old skool. It’s a classic.

Recently, I tried MS Flight with a new aquired gamepad/controller and it worked really well.

Whilst I have kept my PC up to speed for the last, oh I don’t know, 15 years, the spec that lets it down is the very old legacy processor. Despite being an i7, it is now at the end of of its life. The best upgrade was the graphics card to GTX1660 card. Plays everything, including Doom!!

I may think about either an upgrade or new pc – they’re so expensive thought, right?

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Games
Your information: